Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

dee milliner? probably not

i believe scott wright has him at 13

had him to the Lions in his first mock....now he's going DE because he see's the KVB release and the slim shot at resigning Avril.

he still has Milliner as a Lion prospect....as do I along with Werner and whatever other DE rises after the combine and possibly a OT.

like I said 25% shot they go Milliner at 5.

but hopefully Marty goes dumpster diving for a CB in the late rounds , that always works out well for us. :tup:

had him to the Lions in his first mock....now he's going DE because he see's the KVB release and the slim shot at resigning Avril.

he still has Milliner as a Lion prospect....as do I along with Werner and whatever other DE rises after the combine and possibly a OT.

but hopefully Marty goes dumpster diving for a CB in the late rounds , that always works out well for us. :tup:

lol i think all of you are letting past CB situations affect your attitude towards the draft..can't look at it that way..gotta look at talent..i personally don't believe that milliner is worth it at 5..does not mean in any way shape or form do i believe he won't be a good player...i just think we have alot of opportunity for other positions and get better value also..

If by this

lol i think all of you are letting past CB situations affect your attitude towards the draft..

you mean this

funny-sports-pictures-football-greg-jennings-boo-nfl-green-bay.gif

then yes.

Last edited:
lol i think all of you are letting past CB situations affect your attitude towards the draft..can't look at it that way..gotta look at talent..i personally don't believe that milliner is worth it at 5..does not mean in any way shape or form do i believe he won't be a good player...i just think we have alot of opportunity for other positions and get better value also..

ya didn't you want Aaron Curry a few years back ?

ya didn't you want Aaron Curry a few years back ?

not really..i just didn't want stafford..i can admit i'm wrong about that...but i didn't want much of anyone in that draft..it was horrid for number 1..a risky qb..or a TE turned left tackle..or a linebacker..lol

really....well one has the cahonies to ask for Mario Williams type of $$$ right now.

lol..i'm talking about our starting D-ends NOW..as far as i'm concerned cliff avril is not a lion right now....what would our ends be..willie young and...............................

There will be some good corners left on the board for us at the top of the second. Whether or not they pick the right one....

There will be some good corners left on the board for us at the top of the second. Whether or not they pick the right one....

I like your Poyer pick (good senior bowl), Trufant, Rhodes, Alford (another Senior bowl stud), Ryan.

and our corners would be....

Bentley, Bartell, Green and Greenwood with a good chance Houston will re-sign. Lots of CBs in free agency too if they don't get Houston back. CBs 2-4 I'm not worried about, it's that number 1 CB.

Taking Milliner and losing Houston makes us worse than last year IMO.

I think Werner could do what Avril did maybe with better run defense. Any DE does better than what KVB did. Give me Lo Jack back cheap and Willie Young in a rotation to replace KVB. And continue to develop Ronnel Lewis.

I like your Poyer pick (good senior bowl), Trufant, Rhodes, Alford (another Senior bowl stud), Ryan.

Yeah Round 2 will be a perfect time to pick a CB hopefully to pair with a re-signed Houston.

Bentley, Bartell, Green and Greenwood with a good chance Houston will re-sign. Lots of CBs in free agency too if they don't get Houston back. CBs 2-4 I'm not worried about, it's that number 1 CB.

Taking Milliner and losing Houston makes us worse than last year IMO.

I think Werner could do what Avril did maybe with better run defense. Any DE does better than what KVB did. Give me Lo Jack back cheap and Willie Young in a rotation to replace KVB. And continue to develop Ronnel Lewis.

Why is there a good chance Houston will resign?

Why is there a good chance Houston will resign?

hes already jaded by mayhew giving him a shitty contract his last time he was a FA. If mayhew tries to lowball him again hes gone. Itll be another Avril type situation.....mayhew keeps telling these guys prove yourself on this short cheap deal and ill pay you later then he never pays up. Houston is just being a human being about it and avril was being a douche.

hes already jaded by mayhew giving him a shitty contract his last time he was a FA. If mayhew tries to lowball him again hes gone. Itll be another Avril type situation.....mayhew keeps telling these guys prove yourself on this short cheap deal and ill pay you later then he never pays up. Houston is just being a human being about it and avril was being a douche.

lol even hating on mayhew for the chris houston contract...dude..chris thought he was worth more than what the lions were offering..once he went into free agency..noone really showed much interest..so he returned

lol even hating on mayhew for the chris houston contract...dude..chris thought he was worth more than what the lions were offering..once he went into free agency..noone really showed much interest..so he returned

yep...I am...especially cause the genious made it so short and hasnt done squat to bring anyone that can replace him once his SHORT contract expired. Not to mention it expired the same year as 7 other people on the defense.....i swear everyone in our upper mgmt. is brain dead.

Last edited:
Back