Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Deebo.....

boogerlovejoy

Has asked 49ers to trade him. Not sure if they are even entertaining the thought but lets play the what if game......

Would you give up the #32 & #34 overall picks in the draft straight up for Deebo Samuel?

If not, what would you be willing to give?

I say yes. If there is any draft to give up that kind of capital this might be it. Maybe see if we can get a pick in return as well. He is an offensive difference maker that turned 26 in January so he still have 4 or 5 PRIME years left.

Has asked 49ers to trade him. Not sure if they are even entertaining the thought but lets play the what if game......

Would you give up the #32 & #34 overall picks in the draft straight up for Deebo Samuel?

I say yes. If there is any draft to give up that kind of capital this might be it. Maybe see if we can get a pick in return as well. He is an offensive difference maker that turned 26 in January so he still have 4 or 5 PRIME years left.

He wants a huge contract. Are you willing to make him one of the top paid WRs too?

I think the 49ers would jump all over that offer.

Given the cost of the contract he is going to get...I wouldn't give up anything more than 32

We really need a true X after Chark more than a Deebo since we have St Brown in that role really. Though Deebo one of the best at that over St Brown

I?d be more eager to do this if it wasn?t for the health question mark. Just too much of a gamble for me, the most I?d be willing to give up is 34.

Deebo is good when healthy, but if I?m giving up a high pick I?d prefer to spend it on the younger and cheaper unknown.

I?d offer a SF a nice package and see if Deebo would agree to $20-$25mil a year.

I?d be one happy guy having Deebo in our offense!!

I?d offer a SF a nice package and see if Deebo would agree to $20-$25mil a year.

I?d be one happy guy having Deebo in our offense!!

Exactly, we'd have to pay him big money, clearly.....but as we get better, we will have a LOT of our key pieces on rookie deals for the next 3-4 years so we should be able to absorb 1 or 2 big contracts in the cap and still remain under. By the time we have to start paying our "stars" that come off those rookie deals, Deebo's deal will be expendable with little to no penalty.

Last edited:
I've got a bad feeling that GB will trade for him now that they have some extra draft capital.

I've got a bad feeling that GB will trade for him now that they have some extra draft capital.

I can't see the 49ers doing that given the amount of times met in the playoffs recently

I can't see the 49ers doing that given the amount of times met in the playoffs recently

If SF isn?t wanting to pay him, they?ll take what they feel is the best offer. Especially if it?s coming from a team outside their division.

I don?t think Kyle Shanahan and SF is scared of Rogers in a playoff game.

We sat quite all off season. Time to pony up and bring in a game changer!

You all may think I?m crazy but if Holmes grows some balls and acquires Deebo, the re-build is over. We?re competing for a wild card position. Deebo is that cold!

32/34 and if I have too, you can have Rams pick next year too. I?m all in!

You all may think I?m crazy but if Holmes grows some balls and acquires Deebo, the re-build is over. We?re competing for a wild card position. Deebo is that cold!

They don't want to just compete for the wild card. They want a championship caliber team consistently

Oh I think you're crazy all right. Nothing to do with Deebo though. :)

They don't want to just compete for the wild card. They want a championship caliber team consistently

We trade for Deebo and the rebuild is over! DC may be ?the Dude? but Deeb is ?The Guy?!

Time to outbid the highest bidder!!

Deebo is a FA next year. I'll give SF a 4th.

Jet?s reportedly offering pick #10. That would be too rich for me. I?d rather use the #2 pick to draft a WR and have him be on a rookie deal for 4-5 years than have Deebo at $20M/year.

Jet?s reportedly offering pick #10. That would be too rich for me. I?d rather use the #2 pick to draft a WR and have him be on a rookie deal for 4-5 years than have Deebo at $20M/year.

Thinking of what we'd have to give to beat #10 plus whatever else they give feels like too much. I was firmly in the camp of do what you can to get Deebo but that's reaching levels I'm not comfortable with.

Back