Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Deebo.....

Lions have resigned key guys to 2nd deals. But that is when they tricked us and crash and burn or get hurt other than Stafford. DeAndre Levy got 2 deals and died ded after his big one, Darius Slay on 2nd deal (spat with Patricia to trade), Diggs (spat with Patricia to trade), Stafford got 3 deals with Detroit, Decker and Ragnow re-signed lately. Ansah they tagged and he got hurt in the tag year with Patricia of course. Avril they tagged but he eventually went to Seattle. Best brain injury before even close to that. Fairley walked and a heart condition (thank goodness not a re-sign). Suh walked for huge money. Calvin got a mega deal to stay and he regretted it and had injuries and retired early. But alot of the 2nd-4th rounders crashed and burned or got hurt (LeShoure, Broyles, crazy Titus, Ebron rescinded 5th year option with Patricia), AShanw Robinson walked and success with Rams. Golladay walked and crashed with Giants year 1 and now we enjoy pick 97 this year, Teez Tabor LOL, Davis "walked" and now back on vet min lol.

I still get frustrated thinking about how the Lions had 3 top 2 picks in the span of 4 years JUST before the rookie wage scale was implemented. The timing was horrible.

I know it doesn?t matter now, but that still bothers me.

I still get frustrated thinking about how the Lions had 3 top 2 picks in the span of 4 years JUST before the rookie wage scale was implemented. The timing was horrible.

I know it doesn?t matter now, but that still bothers me.

It absolutely did hurt that teams chances of competing. Now, it's their own damn fault for having a front office and coaching staffs that didn't know their ass from their elbow......thereby putting them in the position for those picks......but it is what it is.

Key to NFL success is drafting well. Easier said than done, I know. Can't hit on every pick but there needs to be consistency. We've just had too many picks....entire draft classes.....bust out with little production.

Last edited:
It absolutely did hurt that teams chances of competing. Now, it's their own damn fault for having a front office and coaching staffs that didn't know their ass from their elbow......thereby putting them in the position for those picks......but it is what it is.

Key to NFL success is drafting well. Easier said than done, I know. Can't hit on every pick but there needs to be consistency. We've just had too many picks....entire draft classes.....bust out with little production.

Luckily Holmes had a good first class it looks like so far. But we'll see what happens with them and the 2022 class. And if this coaching staff develops players. Sewell and St Brown look good. McNeil solid. Barnes and Onwuzurike need work. Parker and Jacobs UDFA potential. 2020 Swift and Jackson are good, Julian Okwara some potential and now or never for Okudah. Could that 2020 class be worth more, we shall see.

We honestly dont even need this years class to be great. We just need them to contribute lol. So many holes on this defense still unless youre looking to play a bunch of scrubs and perennial back ups like Davis, Board and Elliot. You go get guys like KT at 2, Dean at 32, Cine at 34...they start the next 4 years.

We honestly dont even need this years class to be great. We just need them to contribute lol. So many holes on this defense still unless youre looking to play a bunch of scrubs and perennial back ups like Davis, Board and Elliot. You go get guys like KT at 2, Dean at 32, Cine at 34...they start the next 4 years.

Hoping Hutchinson falls to 2. Grab Dean at 32 if he's there, and the best WR available at 34.....and who knows who that will be. I've seen mocks that have Burks and Olave available at the top of the 2nd round......and mocks where they are both gone by pick #20.

Crazy year. I feel like anything could happen Thursday.

Hoping Hutchinson falls to 2. Grab Dean at 32 if he's there, and the best WR available at 34.....and who knows who that will be. I've seen mocks that have Burks and Olave available at the top of the 2nd round......and mocks where they are both gone by pick #20.

Id love to get Dean at 32!

Id still take and commit $23-$25mil for Deebo over anyone at 32!

I?m actually leaning toward trading back out of 32. Think some teams will want to move up for the 5th year option. Could fall back to 35-45 and nab an extra late 3rd/early 4th. Plenty of deep D positions in this draft.

the only difference is you know that Deebo is an all pro caliber player. Jameson could easily be a bust.

Different types of players so changes the offense some. Deebo injury risk though and you can add more with the cap space too. Jameson + cap player + cap player + cap player vs just Deebo

Agree Jameson could bust. But that's what you get with the draft

Deebo could suck the next 4 years too. Less likely but could. Or be injured. or not be a fit for the Lions somehow

Defense sucks. Goff is meh. Im on the tanking train. Tank for
Stroud!

Ps glad we didn't trade for deebo. Rather pay a rookie salary for 4-5 years.

Last edited:
Stroud!

I do agree that signing Deebo, at this time in a "rebuild", would be a bad idea.

I'm not sure on Stroud. I am starting to believe that OSU has a pipeline of super stud WRs, which make the QB's look better than they really are. It is very likely that Stroud is better than any QB in this draft, but not sure how good he is.

Stroud!

Too talented to tank. 10 wins is posible again with this draft

But if there are injuries, its possible to be in early round 1 qb range. We got rams pick still so winning doesnt mean no qb. Though trading up using 2 or more picks sucks. Free agency for a stud ilb then

Qb, ilb the main 2023 needs. Wr2 depends on chark. Rg probably but can find those in round 3 or 4. And cb depending how young guys plays and ao free agency

Stroud!

Our schedule is too soft for us to be picking inside the top 5 next year and probably even top 10. I see our floor as 6-7 wins and the ceiling as 10-11. Outside of the Bills the best team we play is the Packers. Packers do not scare me at all. There is not a single other team on the schedule that I could say are definitively better then us. Eagles?, Cowboys?, Dolphins?

Now if Goff completely shits the bed or gets hurt then maybe, but if he can play anywhere near the way he finished 2022 I think we will be solid.

Our schedule is too soft for us to be picking inside the top 5 next year and probably even top 10. I see our floor as 6-7 wins and the ceiling as 10-11. Outside of the Bills the best team we play is the Packers. Packers do not scare me at all. There is not a single other team on the schedule that I could say are definitively better then us. Eagles?, Cowboys?, Dolphins?

Now if Goff completely shits the bed or gets hurt then maybe, but if he can play anywhere near the way he finished 2022 I think we will be solid.

And I'm sure the Lions don't scare the Packers. I guess your assuming all draft picks are good, unlikely, and the whole team improves, unlikely. Based on last year all of those teams are better than us. And hey had a draft too and an offseason.

But if there are injuries, its possible to be in early round 1 qb range. We got rams pick still so winning doesnt mean no qb. Though trading up using 2 or more picks sucks. Free agency for a stud ilb then

Qb, ilb the main 2023 needs. Wr2 depends on chark. Rg probably but can find those in round 3 or 4. And cb depending how young guys plays and ao free agency

very seldom do multiple rookies make an immediate impact. Every year, teams have significant injuries. Every year, you make stupid predictions.

Draftkings has the Lions current win total at 6 games. You should put some money on the over.

very seldom do multiple rookies make an immediate impact. Every year, teams have significant injuries. Every year, you make stupid predictions.

Draftkings has the Lions current win total at 6 games. You should put some money on the over.

Some teams have less injuries than other teams. Some teams are very healthy compared to what happened to the Lions last year. You act like they have the same amount of injuries every year or that there is no difference in who gets injured. Maybe this year its Anzalone, Davis, Vaitai, AJ Parker, Josh Reynolds. We can deal with that.

Not just rookies on why I think the Lions improved. I think Adams off the Packers is big for maybe a split (which we did anyway no matter the circumstances worse Lions roster then, Packers playing some backups 2nd half). I think the Bears in full rebuild. I think the schedule is easier with Seattle (rebuild and QB problem), Jags (continuous suck), NFC East, AFC East and Panthers (QB problem) on it. I think we got some really big guns back from injury too in Ragnow, full season of Decker maybe, Romeo, Okudah a wild card etc. I think this coaching staff can develop the rookies from last year more like McNeil, Levi, Barnes, Ife. I like Ben Johnsons creativity. It's not just that I like this rookie class. I like Elliot (not reliance on Joseph yet), I think Hughes can be like what Charles Harris did. I like Paschal but we are loaded at edge we don't have to rely too much on him nor do we have to rely on Romeo off achilles too much now. I like Charles Harris. I think Hutch immediate impact. I have faith in the staff for all the young DBs including Okudah.

Last edited:

All the Chark and Jameson talk makes you kinda forget about Reynolds. I really liked him and think hes a solid 2. Hes a GREAT 3 and will be relied on heavily with Chark until Jameson gets up to speed.

Agree with your needs next year but if Okudah doesnt flip a switch id add a star CB to the list.

RT will be a future need as well once we move on from Decker and slide Sewell over.

All the Chark and Jameson talk makes you kinda forget about Reynolds. I really liked him and think hes a solid 2. Hes a GREAT 3 and will be relied on heavily with Chark until Jameson gets up to speed.

Agree with your needs next year but if Okudah doesnt flip a switch id add a star CB to the list.

RT will be a future need as well once we move on from Decker and slide Sewell over.

Decker is good and has a few years left. But yeah down the line in like 2024 or 2025. That UDFA they got from TCU has some RT potential. But not counting on UDFAs.

Yep make or break for Okudah. Sucks for him coming off the injury but he has to do it this year. Ife and Jacobs wouldn't be the answer on the outside with AO gone in free agency. Holmes already mentioned they have talked extensions with AO and Hock. If Okudah flops, I bet they go hard for a big time free agency CB. Another young rookie people wouldn't like for number 1 CB and wouldn't get one with Rams pick.

Last edited:
Back