Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Deebo.....

Decker is good and has a few years left. But yeah down the line in like 2024 or 2025. That UDFA they got from TCU has some RT potential. But not counting on UDFAs.

Yep make or break for Okudah. Sucks for him coming off the injury but he has to do it this year. Ife and Jacobs wouldn't be the answer on the outside with AO gone in free agency. Holmes already mentioned they have talked extensions with AO and Hock. If Okudah flops, I bet they go hard for a big time free agency CB. Another young rookie people wouldn't like for number 1 CB and wouldn't get one with Rams pick.

Decker has a potential out in 2023. They might use it or trade him if they dont see him as a long term need. Hell have 2 years left so there will still be some value there.

Decker is good and has a few years left. But yeah down the line in like 2024 or 2025. That UDFA they got from TCU has some RT potential. But not counting on UDFAs.

Yep make or break for Okudah. Sucks for him coming off the injury but he has to do it this year. Ife and Jacobs wouldn't be the answer on the outside with AO gone in free agency. Holmes already mentioned they have talked extensions with AO and Hock. If Okudah flops, I bet they go hard for a big time free agency CB. Another young rookie people wouldn't like for number 1 CB and wouldn't get one with Rams pick.

Unless we get good, consistently good- there will never be a big time anyone coming here. We get former bust 1st round picks or waiver wired. Doesn't matter who the coach is or GM players want to win.

Unless we get good, consistently good- there will never be a big time anyone coming here. We get former bust 1st round picks or waiver wired. Doesn't matter who the coach is or GM players want to win.

If we offer enough money. Important to get at least 7-8 wins in 2022 for that reason too. Attract more talent. Victory for later even if 2022 isn't fully what everyone wants in playoff wins

Decker has a potential out in 2023. They might use it or trade him if they dont see him as a long term need. Hell have 2 years left so there will still be some value there.

Agree there is always outs. But why make a hole when you don't need too if Decker remains a good player. Would just have to use said pick on a tackle or an earlier pick than what we could get for Decker. Cap hit actually goes down in 2023 and 2024 compared to what it is now.

Last edited:
Decker is only 29...why get rid of him?

Agree....it will depend on the team record over the next 2 years. Good record and he stays or even gets an extension. Good teams need a solid LT and our OL could be a real strength over the next few seasons.

Bad record and we need to trade him while he has value. He'd be 31, not too old in OL years.....with a soon to be expiring contract. He'd have decent value.

The only caveat would be if Sewell prefers LT and isn't really happy to be playing RT. You would hope he'd have a team first mentality, but do you risk pissing off your future star LT to keep Decker there? Could you switch them?

Agree....it will depend on the team record over the next 2 years. Good record and he stays or even gets an extension. Good teams need a solid LT and our OL could be a real strength over the next few seasons.

Bad record and we need to trade him while he has value. He'd be 31, not too old in OL years.....with a soon to be expiring contract. He'd have decent value.

The only caveat would be if Sewell prefers LT and isn't really happy to be playing RT. You would hope he'd have a team first mentality, but do you risk pissing off your future star LT to keep Decker there? Could you switch them?

Sewell seemed like RT better last year it seems. And he would have 2025 his 5th year option year to play LT and earn that LT contract. Decker a FA after the 2024 season so the 2025 offseason.

Trading Decker in 2024 if we suck, but if we suck in 2023 then, we got bigger problems than Taylor Decker trade decision. Might need to keep him and fill other holes in 2024 if that is the case.

I liked the Sewell pick but number 7 to play RT seems wrong.

And I'm sure the Lions don't scare the Packers. I guess your assuming all draft picks are good, unlikely, and the whole team improves, unlikely. Based on last year all of those teams are better than us. And hey had a draft too and an offseason.

My point wasn?t that we scare the Packers or any other team for that matter. My point was we are not completely overmatched as we were last year.

Teams get better and teams get worse every year. The Lions are a team that clearly has a chance to be better. We were and still are an extremely young team (Brockers is only player 30+). Older teams are far more likely to trend down then younger teams. It is more then reasonable to expect the majority of our young players to Improve. We kept anyone worth keeping from our 3-13-1 season. We are getting back three very important pieces that missed a majority of last year (Ragnow, Decker, Romeo). We also added some much needed talent at WR in Chark and Williams. Hutchinson is also considered a pro ready prospect and should have a reasonable impact year one. Combine that was perhaps the easiest schedule in the entire league and saying this team has a floor of 6-7 wins is not crazy. Hell if Tucker doesn?t set the NFL record and we had a kicker who didn?t miss an extra point and FG we would have beat Pittsburgh and won 5 last year.

That was with a ton of injuries and Goff playing like the worst QB in the league for half the year.

It wasnt wrong at all. Bpa even.

Lions finally finally after forever have two good tackles

I get it but imo Sewell is a better left tackle. Even though he has years left if he doesn't play LT at some point (the starter) he's gone. He'll go elsewhere to get paid.

It wasnt wrong at all. Bpa even.

Lions finally finally after forever have two good tackles

Give me 2 good tackles, a good center and we can rotate guards in and out the next 5-10 years.

Give me 2 good tackles, a good center and we can rotate guards in and out the next 5-10 years.

Yep. Jonah Jackson even made the pro bowl. Just don't pay a guard like Vaitai unless he is an absolute stud but that is previous regime. Would rather resign one who is good than get a FA guard

But we got the the two tackles and center long term. Decker isn't even that expensive compared to tackles out there and Sewell is rookie cheap

Decker is 18th at 15 per year

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/average/tackle/

Last edited:
Yep. Jonah Jackson even made the pro bowl.

Quite possibly the most underrated player on the team. Tremendous get in the 3rd round. Those are the picks GOOD franchises make.

Last edited:
Quite possibly the most underrated player on the team. Tremendous get in the 3rd round. Those are the picks GOOD franchises make.

Bob Quinn even made that pick. Hope the Lions can resign Jackson probably next offseason before his final 4th year. or roll the dice to sign him before FA when his contract expires after 2023 season.

Of course Quinn got the extra 3rd for trading away Slay because Patricia was a dick/Slay wanted a bigger deal and we got worse at CB and used pick 3 on a consta-injured CB. But that's a story for another day and let's just hope Okudah finally is healthy and is a good player (he'll never live up to his draft standards barring miracle elite shut down CB progression).

Jackson only in year 3 and I like how he plays

Last edited:
Back