Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Draft Thread 2020

Last edited:
Good cbs and safeties in fa. Spend money there

Draft de and ol then try to find a lb gem in round 3

Good cbs and safeties in fa. Spend money there

Draft de and ol then try to find a lb gem in round 3

Anybody on this list make you feel confident that the Lions brass is capable of making good draft picks?

Round 1. Pick 8 (8) T.J. Hockenson. TE Iowa. ...
Round 2. Pick 11 (43) Jahlani Tavai. LB Hawaii. ...
Round 3. Pick 18 (81) Will Harris. S Boston College. ...
Round 4. Pick 15 (117) Austin Bryant. DE Clemson. ...
Round 5. Pick 8 (146) Amani Oruwariye. CB Penn State. ...
Round 6. Pick 11 (184) Travis Fulgham. ...
Round 7. Pick 10 (224) Isaac Nauta.

Last edited:
I don't hate the last 3 picks of our draft, and really only hate the Hockenson pick. Signing Daniels and Flowers in FA had me fooled that the Dline was in ok shape, and that our pass rush would be solid. But I still wanted a pass rusher in round 1.

Tavai and Harris were going to take their lumps this season, but Harris wouldve been somewhat buried on the depth chart right now too if Diggs was still a Lion.

What I'm having trouble understanding is how the hell did trading Diggs make an ounce of sense to our GM? This secondary gets torched by EVERYBODY, and you can't tell me that our somewhat high powered passing game didn't absolutely have their way with these buffoons on the practice field.
Quin:. Man, Stafford is completely dominating this secondary, we should trade 1 of the 2 best players on the unit

Next year Quin is going to trade Golladay the week after Jones tears his ACL, and I'd somewhat expect it

Last edited:
Tankathon has us 7th right now.

*Cincy has the Jets, Cleveland twice and Miami but they still seem like a lock for the #1 pick.
*Giants have Miami and Washington.
*Miami has Cincy and the Giants.
*Washington has the Giants
*Denver plays us and the Raiders so as long as we lose we'll leap frog them.
*Atlanta plays NO, Carolina, Jacksonville and Tampa. Hopefully they can find one more win.

We could lose out at still only make it to the 5th pick. I think the 4th pick is our absolute best case scenario and would require some fairly big upset wins to happen. Miami has to beat the Cincy and the Giants and we lose to Denver and we are 5th.

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl

Last edited:
I say clean house and let the new GM trade Stafford and draft his franchise QB since Young won't fall to us. There are some good QBs coming out.

I say clean house and let the new GM trade Stafford and draft his franchise QB since Young won't fall to us. There are some good QBs coming out.

It won't happen but I'm on board. Not because I dislike Stafford but this team needs a fresh start and his back makes me nervous. Slay peaked before this season, I'd like to see him traded as well.

Last edited:
It won't happen but I'm on board. Not because I dislike Stafford but this team needs a fresh start and his back makes me nervous. Slay peaked before this season, I'd like to see him traded as well.

I was going to say Slay but I think Slay hates Patricia and would be back to his form under a new coach. Slay is banged up, but he probably isn't playing well because he knows he has to cover all day and the rest of the team is trash. I also think he hates Quinn because they gave huge contracts to Flowers and Coleman while they have been below par.

Yeah I don't dislike Stafford but a new coach/GM shouldn't be handcuffed to him and let them develop their own guy. With all that said Martha is going to keep these clowns around while we trade away our best pieces and allow Quinn to bring in his trash.

Back