Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

F this BS

Hutch levi McNeil okwara
Barnes rookie ojabo
Okudah walker rookie amani

1a Hutch
1b Burks
2 Ojabo
3 safety
4 lb

Last edited:
Hutch levi McNeil okwara
Barnes rookie ojabo
Okudah walker rookie amani

1a Hutch
1b Burks
2 Ojabo
3 safety
4 lb

This upcoming free agency period will be VERY telling of Holmes/Campbell.

Full year on the job. Money to work with. Not hindered by dead cap hits. Can they fill holes with good players on solid deals (not overpaying for EVERYONE because we're Detroit) or are we going to be left with scraps again. Fill 3-4 holes with good NFL players and then 3-4 with good picks.....might have a legit team next year.

This upcoming free agency period will be VERY telling of Holmes/Campbell.

Full year on the job. Money to work with. Not hindered by dead cap hits. Can they fill holes with good players on solid deals (not overpaying for EVERYONE because we're Detroit) or are we going to be left with scraps again. Fill 3-4 holes with good NFL players and then 3-4 with good picks.....might have a legit team next year.

Looking forward to fa more than draft. I think will be telling how long they think rebuild will take. If not super active, then we know they think 3 or 4 years mainly through the draft

FA rebuilds get you Van den Bosch and Burleson and Justin Durant, Chris Houston and you flame out

Or Flowers overpaid, Coleman, Jessie James, Vaitai, Jamie Collins Trufant if you do it really wrong

Think they need a big time FA WR though and that has to work out. Consistent OLB, good safety or actual good RG replacing Vaitai would be nice too.

Does anything change and others wanting to come here or status que. If you were a player would you want to come here?

Last edited:
IMO, they might not make a big splash in FA this year. It is difficult to entice big names when playing this bad. They will probably land a few middle level guys and look to make their big FA moves in 2023 after showing the rebuild is ramping up and they go .500+ in 2022.

Yes, they will be .500+ next year after a good enough FA season and solid draft. They have lost so many close games this year, next year they win those and compete in the rest to finish .500+.

So they should be smart this off-season, spending some but holding back from major contracts so they can be more aggressive in 2023.

IMO, they might not make a big splash in FA this year. It is difficult to entice big names when playing this bad. They will probably land a few middle level guys and look to make their big FA moves in 2023 after showing the rebuild is ramping up and they go .500+ in 2022.

Yes, they will be .500+ next year after a good enough FA season and solid draft. They have lost so many close games this year, next year they win those and compete in the rest to finish .500+.

So they should be smart this off-season, spending some but holding back from major contracts so they can be more aggressive in 2023.

We will still have goof.... we aren't winning shit next year.

Target a quality #2 WR in FA. Then grab another with your rams pick.

no kidding. With Goof at QB, they could sign Devante Adams and draft the best college WR and still struggle to win 4 games next year.

The scary part for Lions fans...if they do draft a QB it will probably be in 2023.
Guess who is in charge of drafting the QB....the same guy that drafted and traded for Goof :lmao:

Since I?ve remained a Lions? fan in spite of the abject failure of ownership since 1963, the coach in place is not an issue with me. But all Day has proven is that he?s good at winning with Urban?s players. The glut of coaches out there suggests that his hiring would not accomplish anything except to offer us the opportunity to look ahead to the next coach three years later.

I don't buy your narrative at all. As much as he does Goof, when he was QB of Rams they were .500+. There are many issues with the Lions, and his play is insuring they get #1 pick, which will hopefully be Hutch.

Yes he needs better WRs. Also better defense. He can win games next year. As for this year, I don't care and am good with them going winless. YOUR problem is in not being ok with that this year... but that is a YOU problem.

Lions will undoubtedly have a new OC next year too. Hard to say how much their offensive struggles have been due to the structure put in place along with plays being relayed in. I hate Goff throwing it away on 4th down, but I hate that they are in 4th down to begin with. A better OC and scheme can make a huge difference.

I?m sorry but Campbell was the wrong hire, if the Lions are serious they would eat his deal and start over with a new head coach. He is in way over his head in my opinion.

I?m sorry but Campbell was the wrong hire, if the Lions are serious they would eat his deal and start over with a new head coach. He is in way over his head in my opinion.

My patience is wearing thin with Campbell, but I don't think one year with a roster of minor leaguers is fair to judge Holmes or Campbell.

Was Alan Trammell the single WORST manager since the expansion Mets.....or......did he do what he could with a roster of guys who were AAAA players AT BEST.

Personally, I'll give him one more year to improve the roster and really improve his game management.

Fuck....we could have Sean McVay as OC, Todd Bowles as DC and Belichick as HC and this roster would probably have what, 1 win.....maybe 2.

We are terrible right now because of the last regime...that's a fact. It will take time to get out of this hole.

My patience is wearing thin with Campbell, but I don't think one year with a roster of minor leaguers is fair to judge Holmes or Campbell.

Was Alan Trammell the single WORST manager since the expansion Mets.....or......did he do what he could with a roster of guys who were AAAA players AT BEST.

Personally, I'll give him one more year to improve the roster and really improve his game management.

Fuck....we could have Sean McVay as OC, Todd Bowles as DC and Belichick as HC and this roster would probably have what, 1 win.....maybe 2.

We are terrible right now because of the last regime...that's a fact. It will take time to get out of this hole.

Talent aside....i enjoy watching football. Thats not what im watching when i watch a Dan Campbell led team. Its a bunch of dumb calls after dumb calls. poor playcalling, poor time clock management, poor in game strategy, poor adjustments, be really aggressive in every phase, dont be aggressive at all in every phase, coaches being benched lol....who the fucks benches an OC? This fucker needs to be checked for CTE or better yet multiple personality disorder....hes all over the place. He needs to go...

I don't buy your narrative at all. As much as he does Goof, when he was QB of Rams they were .500+. There are many issues with the Lions, and his play is insuring they get #1 pick, which will hopefully be Hutch.

Yes he needs better WRs. Also better defense. He can win games next year. As for this year, I don't care and am good with them going winless. YOUR problem is in not being ok with that this year... but that is a YOU problem.

Lions will undoubtedly have a new OC next year too. Hard to say how much their offensive struggles have been due to the structure put in place along with plays being relayed in. I hate Goff throwing it away on 4th down, but I hate that they are in 4th down to begin with. A better OC and scheme can make a huge difference.

i always hated this argument....its the stafford argument all over again. Sure...give goff a ton of weapons, great defense and great oline..MAYBE he will be successful then. At that point pay a rookie QB and they can be successful too. You pay someone $30mil a year to make an average team better....he doesnt.

Stafford wins with good run game, weapons and d. He doesnt need great because he is a good qb

Goff needs great and he still fucked that up with rams. He sucks

Stafford wins with good run game, weapons and d. He doesnt need great because he is a good qb

Goff needs great and he still fucked that up with rams. He sucks

Which is why the excuses start getting leaked that hes injured. Cause he lost a bunch of games in a row with a great defense and an embarrassment of riches at WR.

Lost Woods and Akers. Rams 24th in rushing. 21st in ppg defense so below average in both

Stafford still doing well just not mvp edque last few weeks.

Back