Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

F this BS

Its not even about overpaying the only ones who come here are the ones that have no where else to go.

I guess it?s the endless cycle of being a Lions fans

- The franchise and city suck, nobody wants to play here
- Pay extra to lure or keep FAs
- Contracts start to look bad after a year or two
- Complain about bad contracts eating up cap space
- Roster suffers due to cap issues
- Lions continue to lose, re-affirming that the franchise sucks

This is why I would prefer just getting some average FAs this year instead of big splashes. When they do come and DC continues his mastery of the locker room, they will have positive experiences. Word of mouth like that is huge, and the 2023 FAs will be more open to coming to Detroit knowing things are improving in every aspect.

Like Tuck....the cap space is comin.

Likely around $60M free in this upcoming off season after cuts to Vaitai and Flowers......and then the following year Goff just about falls off the books (I believe there is some dead money in 2023).

They have 4 1st round picks (at least) and two different FA periods to go through in the next two off seasons. The time to build has not even started yet.

This was my biggest gripe with how Holmes started this. The deals he made this offseason put the START of the rebuild on hold a year.

Then you start the rebuild in year 2 with Goof and probably another new OC.

Then you start year 3 with more than likely a rookie QB learning a new offense.

Theres going to be ALOT to bitch about over the next 3 years lol.....nothing good.

This was my biggest gripe with how Holmes started this. The deals he made this offseason put the START of the rebuild on hold a year.

Theres going to be ALOT to bitch about over the next 3 years lol.....nothing good.

PS....is this year proof that having a top 20 running game means shit in this league?

I don't think it delayed anything. They needed a year to get out from some of those shit contracts. $64M in dead cap this year. If they don't take that hit now, they take it in 2022.....2023.....2024.....it's got to go somewhere.

Them having Goff on the roster next year absolutely does NOT mean they don't get a young QB. Drafts slots are draft slots now....QB, TE, FB, K.....doesn't matter. Absolutely nothing holding them back from getting a QB this off season....sending Goof to the backup role and then cutting him after 2022.

It's been 65 what's another 3.

It does. That shows how bad Goff is. He sucks even with good to great run games

Watching Goff this year has given me a newfound appreciation of those Rams teams surrounding him, though I doubt Holmes will get any credit for that around here.

Watching Goff this year has given me a newfound appreciation of those Rams teams surrounding him, though I doubt Holmes will get any credit for that around here.

His claim to fame was a scout that brought in Goff....if anything the Rams are probably happy they got rid of him and think "we got rid of that sucker ANNNND he took goff off our hands!"

His claim to fame was a scout that brought in Goff....if anything the Rams are probably happy they got rid of him and think "we got rid of that sucker ANNNND he took goff off our hands!"

They could have let him go at any time, or is this some kind of 4d chess move?

They could have let him go at any time, or is this some kind of 4d chess move?

maybe. Think about what they did. They didn't want Goff because he sucks. The guy that told them to draft Goff was being interviewed for a promotion with the worst organization in all professional sports.

Rams: "Brad, I understand you are going to interview with the Lions. We will talk you up in the media and give you glowing recommendations. But, if you get the job, we have a mission for you. You have to take this POS with you."

Rams get rid of Holmes, their shitty QB, his shitty contract, and get two third round compensatory picks.

Maybe the Rams are playing chess while the Lions are playing checkers.:lmao:

maybe. Think about what they did. They didn't want Goff because he sucks. The guy that told them to draft Goff was being interviewed for a promotion with the worst organization in all professional sports.

Rams: "Brad, I understand you are going to interview with the Lions. We will talk you up in the media and give you glowing recommendations. But, if you get the job, we have a mission for you. You have to take this POS with you."

Rams get rid of Holmes, their shitty QB, his shitty contract, and get two third round compensatory picks.

Maybe the Rams are playing chess while the Lions are playing checkers.:lmao:

So they gave a shitty QB that they didn?t want an extension in 2019 in the hopes that someone would give Holmes a GM job and take Goff off their hands.

Seems like it would?ve been easier to just let Goff leave.

So they gave a shitty QB that they didn?t want an extension in 2019 in the hopes that someone would give Holmes a GM job and take Goff off their hands.

Seems like it would?ve been easier to just let Goff leave.

they pulled a move like the Tigers did with Miggy...gave him the extension too early...right after his best season in the pros. Right after he signed the extension he regressed...fast.

If you actual read the quotes from snead and mcvay you would know the rams think he is a good scout and gm. And Goff produced at times and was rated number one in 2016 draft not just by the rams. Every team and draft expert had him high

Holmes also really wanted Donald..you ignore that but focus on goff. Worst armchair gm ever

And Sewell has worked out well. Levi, McNeil, Barnes and St Brown all shown good things too. Even Jefferson

If you actual read the quotes from snead and mcvay you would know the rams think he is a good scout and gm.

like I said...talk him up, someone hires him, the Rams get their two compensatory 3rd round picks. ;)

Last edited:
like I said...talk him up, someone hires him, the Rams get their two compensatory 3rd round picks. ;)

Lol and employ him for years in a crucial role. It wasnt taliking up to dump him. He built a playoff team with Goff, a great defense

Last edited:
Lol and employ him for years in a crucial role. It wasnt taliking up to dump him. He built a playoff team with Goff, a great defense

He built nothing...he wasnt the GM. They got lucky the Lions are fucking stupid and picked Ebron over Donald.

He built nothing...he wasnt the GM. They got lucky the Lions are fucking stupid and picked Ebron over Donald.

Holmes played a huuuge part in building the Rams

Lol now its luck to draft Donald

You guys are unbelievable

Terrace Marshall is healthy scratch in Carolina. Your boy sucks

Last edited:
Back