Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

F this BS

I think most would agree Aaron Gleen and Aubrey Pleasant are doing an outstanding job considering what they have to work with. I believe Duce Staley and Hank Fraley are showing to be excellent hires as well. Dave Fipp also appears to be doing a good job with ST?s. I think Campbell has shown to be in over his head at times and has obviously shown he needs to grow a lot more as a coach. Their are many things about Campbell though that make me believe he will and he has me excited for the future. The rest of the coaches are still question marks at best, although I also like the job Kelvin Sheppherd has done.

As far as Holmes, you can?t judge a GM off of one season, good or bad. He did one hell of a job finding capable UDFAs. He also missed on things like the Benson trade and signing Perriman. There has been no move made by Holmes that makes me think he has no shot at future success, and there is nothing that he has done that has me convinced of future success. The Goff trade got us quite a bit of draft capital and was a worthwhile shot to take. I personally would not have made the move because I was never a fan of Goff, but I get it.

We were predicting a top 3 pick as soon as we knew Stafford was gone, yet somehow we are surprised by the outcome?

I agree...it's impossible to determine if a GM is good until at least 3-4 years down the road. Unfortunately for Lions fans, the past few GMs have been bad, and when you have a really bad GM/GMs for over a decade...it takes a LOT of work to fix the mess.

I agree...it's impossible to determine if a GM is good until at least 3-4 years down the road. Unfortunately for Lions fans, the past few GMs have been bad, and when you have a really bad GM/GMs for over a decade...it takes a LOT of work to fix the mess.

What pisses me off more then anything is just how bad Quinn and Patricia messed this team up. Outside of trading all our future draft picks away, they could not have done much worse. There is not a single game changer on this entire team, and nobody who even looks like they could develop into one. Swift may be the closest to that at this point and he plays one of the least valued positions in the NFL. Only thing they did well was draft and develop O-Lineman.

No early round 1 picks for Quinn until 2019. Then Hock good pick in 2019. Decker and Ragnow also very good picks. Davis 2017 made sense given scheme then Patricia blew him up. Okudah soo sooo so injured plus Patricia scheme sucked. Super super unfortunate there. Then 2020 mess got us Sewell for Holmes

Round 2 AShawn, never reached potential but Rams like him
Tabor. Huge whiff
Kerryon whiff but some talent and injuries
Tavai huge whiff but Patricia caused
Swift looking good but injuries a factor too

Round 3
Glasgow good but they didnt resign and got Vaitai
Golladay good but no resign
Harris terrible
Walker good other than 2020
Julian Okwara showing good things in year 2 after injury year 1
Jonah Jackson solid

Last edited:
Holmes played a huuuge part in building the Rams

Lol now its luck to draft Donald

You guys are unbelievable

Terrace Marshall is healthy scratch in Carolina. Your boy sucks

Yes it's lucky to get the best player in football because you have the lions infront of you making lousy decisions.

Marshall would be the #1 here. Meanwhile McNeil and levi get their 15 snaps a game rotating.

Yes it's lucky to get the best player in football because you have the lions infront of you making lousy decisions.

Marshall would be the #1 here. Meanwhile McNeil and levi get their 15 snaps a game rotating.

Donald had issues of size. He looked past that to take him. Holmes is a good talent evaluator. You seriously have to give rookies some time. McNeil has been solid and Levi improving

Hand was ir and cut so even more playing time for them. Nick Williams gone next year too. We got plenty of time for production from levi, mcneil, barnes and st brown. 2022 2023 2024 on rookie deals

Amon Ra St Brown and Kalif Raymond were our #1s for how long does that mean they are studs? Marshall would probably be #1 by default but that doesn?t mean he is worth a damn. The fact is the Panthers have deemed Brandon Zylstra, Shi Smith, and Alex Erickson as more worthy of having active in game days than Marshall at this point. I would say Levi is having a much greater impact at this point. The fact is you cannot judge Marshall less than 12 games into his rookie year just as you can?t judge any other rookies. RG3 was considered a future all pro his rookie year and never came close to looking the same. Darius Slay was one of the worst corner in the NFL his rookie year and turned into a stud.

Hughes and Dalton hate any player in a lions uniform andn any gm or scout for the lions. No matter what. Its that simple

Hughes and Dalton hate any player in a lions uniform andn any gm or scout for the lions. No matter what. Its that simple

because they continue to ruin the lions. If i saw moves that would make this team better in the future id say it. But this coaching staff is a clown show. And we havent even started our rebuild yet lol. Someone make Lions 2025 .500 t-shirts....restore the roar. Cant wait til we can get back to the glory days of being average!

Last edited:
because they continue to ruin the lions. If i saw moves that would make this team better in the future id say it. But this coaching staff is a clown show. And we havent even started our rebuild yet lol. Someone make Lions 2025 .500 t-shirts....restore the roar. Cant wait til we can get back to the glory days of being average!

Question though, If we drafted your guy Marshall and he was not doing much of anything, similar to what he has accomplished thus far with the Panthers, would you be nearly as ciritical of the pick as you are with Levi and McNeil? I personally have my doubts you would.

But you act the same in Mayhew and caldwell quinn years as you do in the actual losing years of patricia and this year..its a rebuild. A long one. We all knew that. Even you. Now you are flip flopping. They can still win in 2023. Maybe 2022 depending on moves and the easier schedule afc and nfc east.

I'd be far more interested in learning how the Rams pick could be a top 10 pick!

Even if they lost every remaining game they probably wouldn't reach the top 10. They do have a very tough schedule to end the year and have an outside shot at missing the playoffs. My guess though is they make it and play the Buccaneers or the Cowboys and hopefully are one and done. Right now I would guess the picks ends up being 23rd-25th.

Question though, If we drafted your guy Marshall and he was not doing much of anything, similar to what he has accomplished thus far with the Panthers, would you be nearly as ciritical of the pick as you are with Levi and McNeil? I personally have my doubts you would.

First off...my guy was Moehrig or JOK

I would have preferred Marshall over Levi if you would have told me Levi was just going to be a rotational piece that doesnt do much of anything.

If Marshall was not dressing here...then it would further my proof that this coaching staff has no clue.

But you act the same in Mayhew and caldwell quinn years as you do in the actual losing years of patricia and this year..its a rebuild. A long one. We all knew that. Even you. Now you are flip flopping. They can still win in 2023. Maybe 2022 depending on moves and the easier schedule afc and nfc east.

Because no one has built a sustainable winner during any of those regimes. Theyve built a couple one hit wonders....nothing that worked over time. Not culture, not talent, not draft strategy....a whooooole lot of nothing. In fact its been the opposite....we're the joke of the NFL. Where careers go to die.

PS...the one hit wonder thing is really easy to do when youre only talking about making it to the first round of the playoffs. Most teams in the NFL have done that since the Mayhew era....its not hard.

Last edited:
First off...my guy was Moehrig or JOK

I would have preferred Marshall over Levi if you would have told me Levi was just going to be a rotational piece that doesnt do much of anything.

If Marshall was not dressing here...then it would further my proof that this coaching staff has no clue.

Old 04-30-2021, 12:19 AM #119

Alot of 1st rd talent left on the board. We pick 9th...
JOK LB
Trevon Moehrig S
Elijah Moore WR
Christian Barmore DT
Azeez Ojulari DE
Nick Bolton LB
Asante Samuel CB
Richie Grant S
Terrance Marshall WR
Jabril Cox LB
Levi Onwuzurike DT

https://detroitsportsforum.com/showthread.php?t=30854&highlight=marshall&page=19

Marshall was clearly one of your guys that you preferred with that pick. Seems you were good with Levi at the time as well. Listen I'm not trying to knock you because I liked Marshall too. All I'm saying is you are overly critical of the Lions picks less then a full season into their rookie year.

Levi wont just be a rotational piece next year too. Getting more and more snaps each week. And had a big sack last game

Hand is gone already, Williams will be. Levi is the starter for next 3 years

Will see how Levi, Barnes and St Brown all pan out. If they take Marshall or JOK we may not have St Brown or Barnes. JOK has been great though..Will see what safety we get this year and if he trumps Moehrig. Walker has been better than Moehrig by the way but decision coming on him

Last edited:
Levi wont just be a rotational piece next year too. Getting more and more snaps each week. And had a big sack last game

Hand is gone already, Williams will be. Levi is the starter for next 3 years

Will see how Levi, Barnes and St Brown all pan out. If they take Marshall or JOK we may not have St Brown or Barnes. JOK has been great though..Will see what safety we get this year and if he trumps Moehrig. Walker has been better than Moehrig by the way but decision coming on him

I am willing to see how Levi develops, but I wish they would've went with JOK over him. JOK has been a jack of all trades this year and would look really good in this defense. Then we would not have traded up for Barnes. In turn we could have taken Daviyon Nixon with our 5th rounder that we gave up and still have our 4th this year which is an awesome pick to have. Thats when teams reset their boards on the start of day 3 and there is usually a solid player who dropped or a decent trade down offer.

Uhhhhhhhhmmmmmm?..Jameson Williams please. Don?t care where he?s picked?.just get him. #1 seems high but, fuck that guy is electric.

Then take Bryce young in 2023.

Last edited:
Back