Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FISA Abuse

Yep.

Again, two things can be true.

Trump can have been woefully ill equipped psychologically and emotionally to assume the reigns of the presidency, and his opponents/enemies during his tenure as the duly elected president - which he was - can have woefully and wrongly/illegitimately pursued the demise of that tenure.

There ain’t no heroes that I’m seein’ here.

EDIT: Oh, except of course, for my girl Tulsi. She pisses rose water and shits dark chocolate, of that I have no doubt.

In terms of accomplishments, Trump was the best president since at least Reagan. Not sure that makes him a hero, but I’m not expecting or even looking for a hero.

Desperately clinging to the hopeless narrative of Russian collusion could also indicate a lack of emotional and psychological fitness - it’s pathological with these two and guys like Shiff and Brennan. AOC’s latest theories (Republican reps gave reconnaissance tours of the Capitol the week before the riots, Reps couldn’t tell which white Capitol police were there to protect them and which were there to harm them while black Capitol police heroically battled white supremacists who nearly assassinated half of Congress) don’t seem at all unhinged.

Last edited:
Was Chief Justice Roberts presiding at the last impeachment trial of a year ago?

And has anybody else noticed that ?Chief Justice Roberts? and ?Dread Pirate Roberts? have an identical syllabic cadence?

And if so, does anyone else think it could be more than pure coincidence?

Yes
No
I want it to be.

Was Chief Justice Roberts presiding at the last impeachment trial of a year ago?

And has anybody else noticed that ?Chief Justice Roberts? and ?Dread Pirate Roberts? have an identical syllabic cadence?

And if so, does anyone else think it could be more than pure coincidence?

All I know is that they've never been seen in the same room at the same time. Make of that what you will.

I'll definitely consider voting for him again and I'm all for primarying several politicians but I'm not a fan of a third party splitting the conservative vote. I'll probably remain an independent conservative.

Trump trying to form a 3rd party would result in a guaranteed Dem victory in the election, just like when Teddy formed the Bull Moose.

If Trump runs on the Rep ticket, I would put his chances of winning at zero because the Reps who voted against him with their "Anyone but Trump" vote this time will vote against him next time also.

The Republican Party needs to adjust tactics. Supporting a young female like Kim Klacik is their best move at this point. Complete change from the Old White Male stereotype is a requirement, IMO. As an Old White Male who is an Independent Conservative, I'm completely willing to support that change and feel it is a requirement. I do not see them winning otherwise. I care more about the person's politics than their age, gender, race, and other superficial characteristics.

Trump trying to form a 3rd party would result in a guaranteed Dem victory in the election, just like when Teddy formed the Bull Moose.

If Trump runs on the Rep ticket, I would put his chances of winning at zero because the Reps who voted against him with their "Anyone but Trump" vote this time will vote against him next time also.

The Republican Party needs to adjust tactics. Supporting a young female like Kim Klacik is their best move at this point. Complete change from the Old White Male stereotype is a requirement, IMO. As an Old White Male who is an Independent Conservative, I'm completely willing to support that change and feel it is a requirement. I do not see them winning otherwise. I care more about the person's politics than their age, gender, race, and other superficial characteristics.

I saw a headline indicating he's not going to pursue the 3rd party route.

I couldn't care less what race, gender or age a candidate is - identity politics is pretty much unique to the left and they only apply it to the right. Until enough people reject the bs, we're only going to be more and more divided.

I couldn't care less what race, gender or age a candidate is - identity politics is pretty much unique to the left and they only apply it to the right. Until enough people reject the bs, we're only going to be more and more divided.

I agree identity politics is BS and should be rejected, but how are these things "unique to the left"?

What about just a little identity politics - how about Richard Grenell?

He?s a white guy, but he?s not that old and he?s gay.

Kind of like in ?Down with Love,? when Renee Zellweger took off that bougie pretentious white turban looking head piece and revealed herself to be actually a redhead - just the right amount of wrong.

What about just a little identity politics - how about Richard Grenell?

He’s a white guy, but he’s not that old and he’s gay.

Kind of like in “Down with Love,” when Renee Zellweger took off that bougie pretentious white turban looking head piece and revealed herself to be actually a redhead - just the right amount of wrong.

I wouldn't consider appointing an openly gay man to a cabinet position to be identity politics, especially if you don't promote the identity as the motive for the appointment. To me, identity politics is pandering to a group based solely on group identity as if everyone in that group has the same needs and does (or should) think, act, vote the same because they're in that group. Like Biden appointing Rachel Levin who oversaw the disastrous response to the pandemic in PA to be assistant Secretary of HHS because the she is transgender. Clearly it's not because based on merit - PA has one of the highest death rates (155 per 100k) and, at the risk of upsetting Gulo, was one of the states that early on required nursing homes to accept patients who tested positive for the virus, killing thousands of people. And it can't be for her ethics or morals - it's well documented that as soon as she made the requirement, she took her own mother out of a nursing home. But we're told this is an historic, ground breaking pick, because she is transgender - that's identity politics.

Last edited:
I agree identity politics is BS and should be rejected, but how are these things "unique to the left"?

for one, the Southern Strategy has been debunked. As for the other example, it had nothing to do with identity politics - it was show that Bush was tough on crime while Dukakis was soft on crime, not to indicate any member of any group think, act or vote one way or the other.

Last edited:
at the risk of upsetting Gulo, was one of the states that early on required nursing homes to accept patients who tested positive for the virus, killing thousands of people.
Why would that bother me? I think that was a dumb move, never understood why anybody would do that, and would love to know where that idea came from.

It’s Amok Time, people. Prove me wrong. So whomever is president in 2024 will inherit a nation swallowed whole by globalists and elites who hate the United States. We’re the bull with several swords in our back, reeling and bloody. And the world is yelling “ole!”

Is there something wrong with your Vulcan science officer?

It?s the Kunat Kalifee. No question about it. Or the Return of the Archons:

?You will be absorbed. Your individuality will merge into the unity of good, and in your submergence into the common being of the body, you will find contentment, fulfillment. You will experience the absolute good.?

And it?s the ?Red Hour.?

It’s the Kunat Kalifee. No question about it. Or the Return of the Archons:

“You will be absorbed. Your individuality will merge into the unity of good, and in your submergence into the common being of the body, you will find contentment, fulfillment. You will experience the absolute good.”

And it’s the “Red Hour.”

I guess that's one path away from partisanship (the Archons thing). We're not quite there though.
star-trek-half-black-half-white.jpg

Last edited:
Back