Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FISA Abuse

I guess that's one path away from partisanship (the Archons thing). We're not quite there though.
star-trek-half-black-half-white.jpg

Maybe we?re about to experience The Omega Glory.

omega_glory.png

That’s The Great Reset, right? What I inferred in Post #757?

Is it? It's the thing that can be put on a torpedo and instantly terraform a planet. The tech is referenced in other places though and not always by the name genesis.

If I ever get a chance to launch one, I might call it "The Southern Strategy".

Last edited:
Is it? It's the thing that can be put on a torpedo and instantly terraform a planet. The tech is referenced in other places though and not always by the name genesis.

If I ever get a chance to launch one, I might call it "The Southern Strategy".

No... you can't call it that... it's been debunked!

ray_liotta.jpg

How? By who?

Logically, by non-revisionist historians looking at facts. Here are a few videos clip, clip, clip and an article from a different advisor to Reagan - I think he even mentions guy MC refers to - discussing the myth of the Southern Strategy as well as the Big Switch. Here?s another from one of MC?s favorites - Orthodox Jew white supremacist Ben Shapiro...

Logically, by non-revisionist historians looking at facts. Here are a few videos clip, clip, clip and an article from a different advisor to Reagan - I think he even mentions guy MC refers to - discussing the myth of the Southern Strategy as well as the Big Switch. Here’s another from one of MC’s favorites - Orthodox Jew white supremacist Ben Shapiro...
My PC doesn't like the links you post. You can always find someone to disagree. Debunked requires a higher standard.

Last edited:
My PC doesn't like the links you post. You can always find someone to disagree. Debunked requires a higher standard.

hmmm, I guess you'll just have to take my word for it - it's bull shit.

does that standard apply to the initial assertion or is that taken as fact until it's debunked?

does that standard apply to the initial assertion or is that taken as fact until it's debunked?

Honestly, if it's a thing I've known for long enough that I don't even know where I got it and wikipedia currently agrees, I'll go with that over some guy on the internet that inaccurately restates my posts all the time.

On one hand, Spartanmack says it's bullshit. On the other hand, Nixon's political strategist said
From now on, the Republicans are never going to get more than 10 to 20 percent of the Negro vote and they don't need any more than that... but Republicans would be shortsighted if they weakened enforcement of the Voting Rights Act. The more Negroes who register as Democrats in the South, the sooner the Negrophobe whites will quit the Democrats and become Republicans. That's where the votes are. Without that prodding from the blacks, the whites will backslide into their old comfortable arrangement with the local Democrats.

Honestly, if it's a thing I've known for long enough that I don't even know where I got it and wikipedia currently agrees, I'll go with that over some guy on the internet that inaccurately restates my posts all the time.

honestly, it's beyond stupid to gauge the validity of something based on how long you've believed it - even if wikipedia agrees with you. The wikipedia article is probably written by the same "historians" who made it up.

honestly, it's beyond stupid to gauge the validity of something based on how long you've believed it - even if wikipedia agrees with you. The wikipedia article is probably written by the same "historians" who made it up.

There was a time when you could have challenged what I perceive to be conventional thinking and I'd put more work into figuring out what's what. I think I was plenty generous on that front. But that reservoir has been exhausted.

On one hand, Spartanmack says it's bullshit. On the other hand, Nixon's political strategist said

It's not me saying it's bullshit.

So on the one hand we have Gulo citing "Nixon's political strategist" (presumably Kevin Phillips, who worked on Nixon's campaign - his wikipedia page says nothing about him being a political strategist for Nixon) expressing an opinion which says nothing at all about any strategy pursued by Nixon or the Republicans. That's some pretty weak evidence to jump to the conclusion that Republicans actively campaign and made overtures to racist white voters in the south - so weak in fact that some might say it sounds like bull shit.

But if, despite your utter lack of evidence (other than wikipedia and time) the burden of proof is still on my side, I have more. In the preface to his book, Kevin Phillips himself says that Nixon didn't read the book until after the election. He also says the book that is an analysis of voting patterns in America and IS NOT a description of anything Nixon or the Republicans did.

If those facts still aren't enough to debunk your baseless claim that you've known for a long time, here are some more facts (inconvenient facts for you). Like the fact that southern white vote didn't migrate to the Republican party until the 80s and through the 90s, well after the civil rights act, when the south became less racist. Congressional representation in the south didn't switch to Republican until the mid 90s. It's a fact that as racism in the south declines, dramatically, the southern identification with the Republican party increases.

Additionally, the black vote switched overwhelmingly to the Democrats in the 30s because of the economic benefits of the new deal well before the civil rights movement, the Democrat party was still the openly racist party of segregation and the kkk.

so we have two "big switches" but clearly neither of them has anything to do with this mythical "southern strategy" for which there is no evidence (other than a wikipedia article).

Last edited:
There was a time when you could have challenged what I perceive to be conventional thinking and I'd put more work into figuring out what's what. I think I was plenty generous on that front. But that reservoir has been exhausted.

Good excuse - I'd probably be pretty sick of getting slapped around with the facts if I were you too. My recommendation is to disabuse yourself of the pathological need to defend all the stupid shit MC says on here.

Last edited:

It's not an assertion... I linked right to Lee Atwater's quote where he lays out the entire strategy of playing identity politics in 1981.

You can even listen to him say the words out loud here.

On the other hand, Nixon's political strategist said

Who was the strategist? Was it Wilt Chamberlain?

This is no bullshit - Chamberlain was a full ass on official consultant to the Nixon campaign regarding appealing to black voters.

And that strategy right there ? that sounds exactly like the kind of wily plan a s
clever fox like Wilt might concoct!

Back