Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

FISA Abuse

It's not me saying it's bullshit.

So on the one hand we have Gulo citing "Nixon's political strategist" (presumably Kevin Phillips, who worked on Nixon's campaign - his wikipedia page says nothing about him being a political strategist for Nixon) expressing an opinion which says nothing at all about any strategy pursued by Nixon or the Republicans. That's some pretty weak evidence to jump to the conclusion that Republicans actively campaign and made overtures to racist white voters in the south - so weak in fact that some might say it sounds like bull shit.

But if, despite your utter lack of evidence (other than wikipedia and time) the burden of proof is still on my side, I have more. In the preface to his book, Kevin Phillips himself says that Nixon didn't read the book until after the election. He also says the book that is an analysis of voting patterns in America and IS NOT a description of anything Nixon or the Republicans did.

If those facts still aren't enough to debunk your baseless claim that you've known for a long time, here are some more facts (inconvenient facts for you). Like the fact that southern white vote didn't migrate to the Republican party until the 80s and through the 90s, well after the civil rights act, when the south became less racist. Congressional representation in the south didn't switch to Republican until the mid 90s. It's a fact that as racism in the south declines, dramatically, the southern identification with the Republican party increases.

Additionally, the black vote switched overwhelmingly to the Democrats in the 30s because of the economic benefits of the new deal well before the civil rights movement, the Democrat party was still the openly racist party of segregation and the kkk.

so we have two "big switches" but clearly neither of them has anything to do with this mythical "southern strategy" for which there is no evidence (other than a wikipedia article).

Nah. You're winding up your usual irrational bullshit machine again. Setting up some goalposts around some book. Wouldn't be long before you're just begging someone to drop the race card on you. I've seen enough.

Who was the strategist? Was it Wilt Chamberlain?

This is no bullshit - Chamberlain was a full ass on official consultant to the Nixon campaign regarding appealing to black voters.

And that strategy right there ? that sounds exactly like the kind of wily plan a s
clever fox like Wilt might concoct!

One way Nixon did appeal to black voters and there's actual evidence of, was to take on the racist, segregated unions in Philadelphia and force them to desegregate. There's zero evidence of any appeals to racist white southerners by Nixon or his campaign.

As for blowhard Lee Atwater's claims about dog whistles to racist white voters, they also seem like bull shit. the Reagan agenda that appealed to and won the nonracist, southern white vote was patriotism, anti-communism, free markets, family values, pro-life, christianity. That's from Dinesh D'souza, also a political strategist who worked for Reagan. There's a lot more evidence for that agenda/strategy than any active appeal to racist white voters, particularly given that racist white southerners continued to vote overwhelmingly for Democrats.

Who was the strategist? Was it Wilt Chamberlain?

This is no bullshit - Chamberlain was a full ass on official consultant to the Nixon campaign regarding appealing to black voters.

And that strategy right there ? that sounds exactly like the kind of wily plan a s
clever fox like Wilt might concoct!

Interesting. Wilt was before my time. I really only know one thing about him, or maybe 20,000 things.

Nah. You're winding up your usual irrational bullshit machine again. Setting up some goalposts around some book. Wouldn't be long before you're just begging someone to drop the race card on you. I've seen enough.

LOL, it's bullshit setting up goalposts based on actual facts from the book written by the guy you quoted but it's not bullshit to draw a conclusion that doesn't remotely say what you claim it does. I'd say you've seen enough - best you can do at this point is resort to ad hominem. Probably a good idea quit while you're behind - take your ball and go home kid.

Last edited:
It's not me saying it's bullshit.

So on the one hand we have Gulo citing "Nixon's political strategist" (presumably Kevin Phillips, who worked on Nixon's campaign - his wikipedia page says nothing about him being a political strategist for Nixon) expressing an opinion which says nothing at all about any strategy pursued by Nixon or the Republicans. That's some pretty weak evidence to jump to the conclusion that Republicans actively campaign and made overtures to racist white voters in the south - so weak in fact that some might say it sounds like bull shit.

But if, despite your utter lack of evidence (other than wikipedia and time) the burden of proof is still on my side, I have more. In the preface to his book, Kevin Phillips himself says that Nixon didn't read the book until after the election. He also says the book that is an analysis of voting patterns in America and IS NOT a description of anything Nixon or the Republicans did.

If those facts still aren't enough to debunk your baseless claim that you've known for a long time, here are some more facts (inconvenient facts for you). Like the fact that southern white vote didn't migrate to the Republican party until the 80s and through the 90s, well after the civil rights act, when the south became less racist. Congressional representation in the south didn't switch to Republican until the mid 90s. It's a fact that as racism in the south declines, dramatically, the southern identification with the Republican party increases.

Additionally, the black vote switched overwhelmingly to the Democrats in the 30s because of the economic benefits of the new deal well before the civil rights movement, the Democrat party was still the openly racist party of segregation and the kkk.

so we have two "big switches" but clearly neither of them has anything to do with this mythical "southern strategy" for which there is no evidence (other than a wikipedia article).

That would have been quite the feat for Nixon if he had.

According to our old friends at the Princeton Press, the book was published after the election and is in part an explanation about how Nixon won that election.

So for Nixon to have read that book beforehand...that shit sure would have been sump’n’, right there, mmm hmmmm....

Crap... the link ain’t workin’ when I fancy it up...here...
https://press.princeton.edu/books/paperback/9780691163246/the-emerging-republican-majority

Last edited:
That would have been quite the feat for Nixon if he had.

According to our old friends at the Princeton Press, the book was published after the election and is in part an explanation about how Nixon won that election.

So for Nixon to have read that book beforehand...that shit sure would have been sump’n’, right there, mmm hmmmm....

Crap... the link ain’t workin’ when I fancy it up...here...
https://press.princeton.edu/books/paperback/9780691163246/the-emerging-republican-majority

he could have read the transcript or source material before publication, but I think the point Phillips was making is clear - this thing that became known as the "southern strategy" isn't something Phillips or anyone else presented as an actual strategy or anything Nixon actually did. That's backed up by the complete lack of evidence of any kind that the campaign did anything to appeal to racist white southern voters.

I get that Dems then and now and their voters need to believe this in order to evade or avoid their undeniable history as an overtly racist party and also so they can propagate nonsense today like calling every utterance from a Republican leader a dog whistle to their white supremacist base, that also doesn't exist. I think even according to the SPLC, before they started labeling every conservative organization a white supremacist hate group, membership in these groups was a rounding error, the biggest one by far being the KKK with something like 10k member nationwide.

Edit: sorry, according to the ADL, the actual number of active members in the KKK is approximately 3k (isn't that convenient?)

Last edited:
No not at all like that, those people didn?t try to overthrow a duly elected president of the United States of America. It should never be allowed to happen to another president again said William Barr. :ashamed:

Last edited:
No not at all like that, those people didn?t try to overthrow a duly elected president of the United States of America. It should never be allowed to happen to another president again said William Barr. :ashamed:

Eh, seems like you are picking and choosing what "justice" means here.

Eh, seems like you are picking and choosing what "justice" means here.

The title of the thread is fisa abuse and it means jack squat, their all now free to abuse it as often as they’d like to anyone they’d like

Last edited:
The latest confirmed revolutions on all this really isn?t getting much press or even in the right media sources in that it?s pretty much confirmed this all started by shillary operatives. All completely made up bogus horseshit, not anything surprising at all. The problem though is this all took way too long and the damage is already done, justice delayed is justice denied

By the end of the day they all got away with it and half the country will only remember what cnn and msnbc told them 24/7 for years on end. No accountability anywhere

Last edited:

yeah, well David Fruhm at the Atlantic says it's all smoke and mirrors - the dossier is a small lie being used by Anti-anti-Trump journalists to obfuscate and distract from the big lie. some people have no shame whatsoever.

Seems like this would be incredibly illegal

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/clinton-campaign-paid-infiltrate-trump-tower-white-house-servers

"This is a scandal far greater in scope and magnitude than Watergate and those who were involved in and knew about this spying operation should be subject to criminal prosecution," Trump said. "In a stronger period of time in our country, this crime would have been punishable by death."

Trump added: "In addition, reparations should be paid to those in our country who have been damaged by this."

Former chief investigator of the Trump-Russia probe for the House Intelligence Committee under then-Rep. Devin Nunes, R-Calif., Kash Patel, said the filing "definitively shows that the Hillary Clinton campaign directly funded and ordered its lawyers at Perkins Coie to orchestrate a criminal enterprise to fabricate a connection between President Trump and Russia."

"Per Durham, this arrangement was put in motion in July of 2016, meaning the Hillary Clinton campaign and her lawyers masterminded the most intricate and coordinated conspiracy against Trump when he was both a candidate and later President of the United States while simultaneously perpetuating the bogus Steele Dossier hoax," Patel told Fox News, adding that the lawyers worked to "infiltrate" Trump Tower and White House servers.

The anti-Trump dossier, authored by ex-British intelligence officer Christopher Steele, commissioned by opposition research firm Fusion GPS, was funded by the Democratic National Committee and Hillary Clinton's campaign through Elia's law firm, Perkins Coie.

Patel added that Sussman relayed the "false narrative" to U.S. government agencies "in the hopes of having them launch investigations of President Trump."

Last edited:
does everyone understand the magnitude of that?

and White House servers.
I mean wow, just wow

Last edited:
Back