Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 15: Bucs @ Lions *Saturday* Thread

Tate, Durham, Pettigrew, Broyles, Fuller, Jones, Bell.....all had their best years under Stafford.

Also, what you fail to mention is that all those guys (outside of Tate and maybe Jones) were so bad that they did nothing or almost nothing after leaving. So Stafford has had to make guys not good enough to even stick in the league a vital part of the offense. Durham was our number 2 for almost 2 years. Kris Durham.

Let's honestly look at these each in a row.

Pettigrew- quote from earlier, "Pettigrew fucking sucked."

Kris Durham- Dude's best season had 490 yards and 2 tds. wow.

Tate- He was already on the rise at Seattle and established. He was BETTER under Stafford, but he was absolutely not some dude out of nowhere.

Broyles- His best season (first one)- 310 yards and 2 tds. again, wow.

Fuller- Forgive me, are we talking Corey Fuller? The guy who had 288 yards in 2 seasons?

Marvin Jones- Very similar case to Tate.

Joique Bell- Yep, had a couple good seasons. I think he would be the best case out of any of these guys.

So, when you actually go and break this all down, my point basically remains. You can't expect to rattle off a bunch of names and not have a little background done on them.

Miami just benched tua second time this season..check down noodle.arm bitch and miami best defense in league forcing most turnovers

Stafford over Tua every fucking time..anyone who disagrees should never be able to watch football

Miami just benched tua second time this season..check down noodle.arm bitch and miami best defense in league forcing most turnovers

Stafford over Tua every fucking time..anyone who disagrees should never be able to watch football
12 years.
Rookie.

You should compare their rookie seasons. Tua by a MILE was better. Shit, Tua by a million miles. Anyone that makes the comparison you just did should get a lifetime ban from this forum. You seriously just compared a 12 year vet to a rookie? A guy that has had 250+ million invested in him with a guy that his 4 year guaranteed portion of his contract is less that Staffs cap hit just next year. Think of what all that cap space could buy on defense.

You should compare tuas defense against lions 2009 defense and run game

Stafford actually threw the ball more than 5 yards too. Tua is the most overated qb ever

well, you could also compare Matt to Herbert. Or Jalen Hurts, who was taken in the 2nd round.

Of course, it's not fair to compare any of them yet. They could all turn out to be just as unsuccessful (on the field) as Matt.

Last edited:
any word on Matt's lower leg injury? No contact, lower ankle...it looked like an achilles injury to me.

Tate, Durham, Pettigrew, Broyles, Fuller, Jones, Bell.....all had their best years under Stafford.

Also, what you fail to mention is that all those guys (outside of Tate and maybe Jones) were so bad that they did nothing or almost nothing after leaving. So Stafford has had to make guys not good enough to even stick in the league a vital part of the offense. Durham was our number 2 for almost 2 years. Kris Durham.

Tonyan. Couldnt make the roster here. Rodgers makes him a fringe pro bowler. Rodgers makes turds like lazard and mvs great. He's doing just fine without any weapons.

If the lions give up 36 points this next game it will be more points given up than the 2008 0-16 lions! Could break a record for our own futility.

Tonyan. Couldnt make the roster here. Rodgers makes him a fringe pro bowler. Rodgers makes turds like lazard and mvs great. He's doing just fine without any weapons.

Doesn't hold any weight, Tonyan didn't do jack shit for two years in Green Bay either. Last I checked he still had Aaron Rodgers those years as well. Took dude 3-4 years to be relevant.

Doesn't hold any weight, Tonyan didn't do jack shit for two years in Green Bay either. Last I checked he still had Aaron Rodgers those years as well. Took dude 3-4 years to be relevant.
Then why is he not here? We either gave up on him too early or couldn't develop him.

That's the point. Rodgers has no weapons. Division title. Mvp candidate.

Back