Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 15: Bucs @ Lions *Saturday* Thread

Stafford:
Calvin top 10 pick
Durham 4th rd
Pettigrew 1st rd pick

Rodgers:
Adams 2nd rd pick
Lazard undrafted
Tonyan undrafted

This isn't really a debate. Stafford makes no one better. Rodgers makes everyone better.

Let's compare apples to apples. Adams 2nd rd pick. Broyles 2nd rd pick. Who's having the better career?

Last edited:
Adams gets open and didnt shred both knees and achilles..rodgers cant stop injuries

Man you guys are such dumbass lion and stafford bashers it hurts my brain

Adams gets open and didnt shred both knees and achilles..rodgers cant stop injuries

Man you guys are such dumbass lion and stafford bashers it hurts my brain

2014 broyles had 0 injuries. 2 catches. What a stud statford turned him into.

Yeah, I've already broke down the list of players Stafford has made "better."

It's a very small list.

They've given him plenty. He hasn't done anything with it.

Adams gets so much separation. He males rodgers look better than he is. As does packers allowed holding, aaron jones 5 ypc and at least average defense

Comparing broyles hobbled by injury to adams..so greaking dumb

Stafford made plenty better. Marvin, golden, calvin, ebron, scheffler, pettigrew, burleson, several rbs, durham and now hock, swift, golladay too

Last edited:
Meanwhile there is statford... tied with andy dalton in the standings lol. Right where he should be.

Adams gets so much separation. He males rodgers look better than he is. As does packers allowed holding, aaron jones 5 ypc and at least average defense

Comparing broyles hobbled by injury to adams..so greaking dumb

Stafford made plenty better. Marvin, golden, calvin, ebron, scheffler, pettigrew, burleson, several rbs, durham and now hock, swift, golladay too

I don't feel like going through the list again, because I already did it.

He's a good QB. He's not good enough.

Stafford is great enough. Hof level

Problem is team has major problems, especially lately and cant give him support anywhere but some good weapons. Good weapons far from enough

Oline, run game, defense, short fields and scheme all major factors for qb success and team success..lions paasing game lone bright spot in 12 years

Fact no other qb has worse run support in those 12 seasons. No other qb has had worse defense over 12 years. Least short fields..and possibly most weapon andnoline injuries too

Stafford is great enough. Hof level

Problem is team has major problems, especially lately and cant give him support anywhere but some good weapons. Good weapons far from enough

Oline, run game, defense, short fields and scheme all major factors for qb success and team success..lions paasing game lone bright spot in 12 years

Fact no other qb has worse run support in those 12 seasons. No other qb has had worse defense over 12 years. Least short fields..and possibly most weapon andnoline injuries too

I'm actually asking you this as an honest question. Why do you do this? Like what's the point? Is it because you want to counter the main opinion? I don't get this shtick.

I want to counter the unobservant lack of football knowledge dumbass negative nancy for no reason opinion..just because they happen to fail doesnt make me wrong either..lions were good you would all say they suck regardless.
And i am giving facts on lack of run game, defense, short gields and weapon injuries. You just all ignore them

Stafford is a hofer and you will miss him. That extra cap space wont mean shit if they pick a bunch of bad or injured players

What were Detroit Lions thinking signing Chase Daniel in free agency?

https://sports.yahoo.com/were-detroit-lions-thinking-signing-150014241.html

49d7b19b7fe49fcf08898abe3a57820a

QB Chase Daniel: The Lions signed Daniel to a three-year, $13 million contract this offseason to avoid situations like this ? where they look completely inept on offense when Matthew Stafford can?t go. Daniel completed 13 of 18 passes Saturday, but for just 86 yards as he failed to move the offense with any purpose. He has $1.5 million in salary guarantees for 2021, but the next regime will have to think long and hard about bringing in a new backup.

So yes, you are trying to basically be a counter point.

I won't miss him. I like winning. Winning didn't happen here. Whatever percentage of fault is Stafford's to own, I don't really care at this point.

He's been here 12 years. The team didn't win a playoff game. Time to move on.

I want to counter the unobservant lack of football knowledge dumbass negative nancy for no reason opinion..just because they happen to fail doesnt make me wrong either..lions were good you would all say they suck regardless.
And i am giving facts on lack of run game, defense, short gields and weapon injuries. You just all ignore them

Stafford is a hofer and you will miss him. That extra cap space wont mean shit if they pick a bunch of bad or injured players

The 25 mil doesn't mean shit now.... so what's the difference? The difference is we tried that route for 12 years....it doesn't work... ever. So try something new. Honestly if Staffords 25 mil is the difference between 5 wins or 3 wins. Then save the 25 mil and pick at 3... all day.

And by the way, if the Lions were good, we'd say their good.

But they are not. I don't get why you have to be some counter-balance to something. It's not like this franchise is a hot bed of controversy. Everyone knows they suck, and their history speaks to that.

You dont understand why they lose, the importamce of injuries and how good stafford is..he will win a super bowl in another team and it will make you all look like clowns

Honestly, I don't really give a shit if he goes to another team and wins ten super bowls. I just care about this franchise. Whether it's his fault or not, he's had his chance. It's time to move on.

And I'm willing to wager he doesn't win a single SB. He hasn't felt the pressure of real playoff games. His body is breaking down.

Honestly, I don't really give a shit if he goes to another team and wins ten super bowls. I just care about this franchise. Whether it's his fault or not, he's had his chance. It's time to move on.

And I'm willing to wager he doesn't win a single SB. He hasn't felt the pressure of real playoff games. His body is breaking down.

He can win a super bowl. Give him a top 5 defense, top 10 run game and limit his pass att inside the 20 so he doesn't piss it all away... he can win. So can fucking josh Rosen with all of that.

Last edited:
Average defense. Average run game. All he needs

Lions give him shit for 12 years mainly.

He had one of the NFL's best defenses one year, didn't do anything with it.

He had one of the highest rated PFF O-lines another year, didn't win.

One season, all we needed him to do was win 1 game out of the final 3, he couldn't do it.

He needs WAY more than that. Someone with a career 89 passer rating puts him in the upper-average ranking of QBs. He's a long way away from being elite. His TD/INT ratio is shit compared to the greats.

I know you love this guy. You aren't the only one. But that's what this franchise has done. it makes people defend him for some reason.

Back