Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 16: Packers @ Lions Thread and end of season grades, reviews, etc.

Even on penalties doesn't matter. It's a matter if the refs made the correct call. Could have been Lions 5-10 less penalties and Lions opponents 10-15 more penalties to be correct.

Against the Chiefs and Packers the refs were poor and cost the Lions 2 wins. No "incorrect" penalties benefited the Lions. 5-2-1 start with Stafford and one ill-timed time out from 6-2. But it was a lost season with Stafford hurt in the second half. Glad we had high picks for Okudah, Swift and Okwara.

Can't wait to see 2020.

Against the Chiefs and Packers the refs were poor and cost the Lions 2 wins. No "incorrect" penalties benefited the Lions. 5-2-1 start with Stafford and one ill-timed time out from 6-2. But it was a lost season with Stafford hurt in the second half. Glad we had high picks for Okudah, Swift and Okwara.

Can't wait to see 2020.

I can tell you what is likely to happen in the 2020-2021 season. The Lions will finish somewhere around .500 and miss the playoffs. You will make lame excuses for them and tell us all that their true win-loss record was 14-2.

Same shit, different day :cheers:

I can tell you what is likely to happen in the 2020-2021 season. The Lions will finish somewhere around .500 and miss the playoffs. You will make lame excuses for them and tell us all that their true win-loss record was 14-2.

Same shit, different day :cheers:

Depends what happens. If there is fair reffing maybe not. Will see what injuries hit Lions and their opponents and compare

Lions have the talent for 10+ wins per usual. We'll see if the right situation plays out with normal health, fair reffing and the Lions being able to execute with their talent.

Refs costing the Lions 2-3 games seems to be the norm almost every season but I wouldn't guarantee it. Refs could get their act together one of these seasons. And Lions could still overcome that too if they are pretty healthy.

Depends what happens. If there is fair reffing maybe not. Will see what injuries hit Lions and their opponents and compare

Lions have the talent for 10+ wins per usual. We'll see if the right situation plays out with normal health, fair reffing and the Lions being able to execute with their talent.

Refs costing the Lions 2-3 games seems to be the norm almost every season but I wouldn't guarantee it. Refs could get their act together one of these seasons. And Lions could still overcome that too if they are pretty healthy.

I feel like the NFC north is down a bit this year. Qb controversy in CHI. GB lost some talent and picked a back up QB in rd1. Cook holdout in MIN...although they had a good draft.

I see MIN as the only playoff contender and even they could easily slip to 8-8. GB always has a chance with Arod....they shouldnt have been a 10 win team last year either.

Us?...we need a miracle job from Patricia with our defense. He chose the pieces he wanted...its on him a this point. On paper....its one of the worst front 7s in the league and wont be able to create pressure.
On offense...they doubled down on the run game. Will they continue to put all these assets into fixing the run game just to throw it 900000 times per year?...and then blame the lack of run game?

The draft focused on fixing the run game over fixing the holes on defense. Baun, Gallimore...guys over and over were passed up so we can pick a RB and a couple guards.

I see us winning 6 - 8 games and out of the Lawrence/Fields conversation.

I feel like the NFC north is down a bit this year. Qb controversy in CHI. GB lost some talent and picked a back up QB in rd1. Cook holdout in MIN...although they had a good draft.

I see MIN as the only playoff contender and even they could easily slip to 8-8. GB always has a chance with Arod....they shouldnt have been a 10 win team last year either.

Us?...we need a miracle job from Patricia with our defense. He chose the pieces he wanted...its on him a this point. On paper....its one of the worst front 7s in the league and wont be able to create pressure.
On offense...they doubled down on the run game. Will they continue to put all these assets into fixing the run game just to throw it 900000 times per year?...and then blame the lack of run game?

The draft focused on fixing the run game over fixing the holes on defense. Baun, Gallimore...guys over and over were passed up so we can pick a RB and a couple guards.

GB wasn't just a 10 win team last year, they were a 13 win team. MN will get the Cook thing worked out. The Bears were .500 last year with a shitty QB, my guess is they will be around .500 this year with two shitty QBs. The Lions will be better than last year just having Stafford back, but I think GB and MN are better teams.

If Stafford plays 16, and the Lions defense is still below average, they can still win 10 games. Lions defense was just awful do to injuries and not having all of Patricias pieces. I agree he has the guys he wants so it is do or die from them and for him. Below average overall but force like 10 more turnovers and that will help tremendously. Lions offense plays extremely well and the defense has like 4-5 good games then you can win 10 or more.

We'll see if Patricia changes in blitzes more if he has more comfort with CBs, safeties and LB coverage.

Packers, Vikings and Bears all had really good health last year. That was a big factor.

Packers agree they were way overrated based on their record. Still a good team but they got worse this offseason. Lions had them beat both times last year, once with David Blough playing awful in Week 17 when they needed to win for a bye.

Vikings, lots of change. Their offense is the question for sure and a new OC and no Diggs who is a Lion killer. Cook hold out even more. Vikings many changes on defense with young DBs but never doubt a Mike Zimmer defense.

Bears defense is still good, just wasn't elite in 2019. Any improvement from the offense helps them greatly. Only place to go is up for their offense. Hopefully it stays most of the same. They got a new guard and two new TEs and Ted Ginn

NFC South. Saints look good. Bucs on paper. Falcons wildcard. Panthers in a rebuild

Redskins we should beat. at Cardinals we can beat but they are improved with Simmons and Hopkins added and Patrick Peterson will play in that game.

AFC South is solid but all beatable. However, 3 of them are good enough to beat the Lions too.

Lions have the talent to do it. Stay healthy, execute and hope any ref errors don't cost them wins.

GB wasn't just a 10 win team last year, they were a 13 win team. MN will get the Cook thing worked out. The Bears were .500 last year with a shitty QB, my guess is they will be around .500 this year with two shitty QBs. The Lions will be better than last year just having Stafford back, but I think GB and MN are better teams.

GB did well in the division. Refs helped them beat the Vikings in Lambeau. But the Lions really beat them both times. So down to 10 if they were the correct 3-3 in division. They were really healthy. They played KC without Maholmes, another free win there. So down to 9. They were a 9 win team that got lucky with health, refs and execution at the right time.

Vikings have more issues than Cooks. Lots of change there.

If Lions had Stafford, they beat the Bears twice last year no doubt. We almost beat the Bears with Driskel and Blough

Back