Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 16: Vikings @ Lions Thread

Eh, that's not true at all.

You have no idea how the season will play out after that point- it changes every outcome after Atlanta.

They could have lost to Atlanta and won 8 straight- everything changes. Not saying its likely, but things don't work in a static form like that.

not sure how it could change every outcome, but it certainly would have changed that one.

Who knows, with your logic, maybe they lose to Washington and the Bears and end up 2-14 with the #2 pick

not sure how it could change every outcome, but it certainly would have changed that one.

Who knows, with your logic, maybe they lose to Washington and the Bears and end up 2-14 with the #2 pick

Every outcome would change; score, the way things play out, etc. Not saying a win turns into a loss; however, it would alter it.

They could have came out ultra motivated after losing to Atlanta in this hypothetical scenario and wrecked Indianapolis.

You can even look at it from within a game. Everything is dynamic. A player dropping a pass in the 1st quarter changes everything the rest of the game.

Every outcome would change; score, the way things play out, etc. Not saying a win turns into a loss; however, it would alter it.

They could have came out ultra motivated after losing to Atlanta in this hypothetical scenario and wrecked Indianapolis.

You can even look at it from within a game. Everything is dynamic. A player dropping a pass in the 1st quarter changes everything the rest of the game.

I buy into your "within the game" theory. I really don't buy into your theory that losing that game would have changed much going forward...especially in a positive manner. The team absolutely sucked all year.

I buy into your "within the game" theory. I really don't buy into your theory that losing that game would have changed much going forward...especially in a positive manner. The team absolutely sucked all year.

Agree to disagree. Losing to Atlanta would have changed everything in terms of mindset, preparation, etc. for their next game. They may have very well still lost to Indy, but it would have been a completely different game- it would not have played out like it did as we know it.

And to your point, they could have very well lost by even more to Indy. I'm just saying everything changes.

Last edited:
Agree to disagree. Losing to Atlanta would have changed everything in terms of mindset, preparation, etc. for their next game. They may have very well still lost to Indy, but it would have been a completely different game- it would not have played out like it did as we know it.

And to your point, they could have very well lost by even more to Indy. I'm just saying everything changes.

I just asked doctor strange.... he said in all 14 million possible outcomes we still sucked.

Tru win and obvious td taken away in staffords fina lions game..very fitting

Remember when peppers landed full weight on stafford 2010 and they didnt change the rule until anthony barr did that to rodgers

Lol. The last true win of the 2020-2021 Detroit Lions season.

So I think that's 12-4 with true wins?

Lol. The last true win of the 2020-2021 Detroit Lions season.

So I think that's 12-4 with true wins?

True record is 15-1. Stafford wins the true MVP. Patricia true coach of the year.
Quinn true GM of the year. True SB champions.

Eagles up 14-10 on the Redskins. It will be hilarious if 6-10 wins the division. Of course, that's still better than the Lions record.

the last game allowed this shitty team to break some franchise records. It allowed 500 yards again, finishing with allowing a franchise-worst 6,716 yards and a franchise-worst 519 points in a season. Both numbers are worse than the team's winless 2008 season.

I'm sure they will get the best available GM and coach...who wouldn't want to come into such a great situation?

Eagles purposely trying to lose. Playing their 3rd and 4th string QB for no reason

Eagles purposely trying to lose. Playing their 3rd and 4th string QB for no reason

I love the announcers take of 'getting a good look at what they have behind Hurts'.

Oh well. At least the Lions didn't shoot themselves in the foot as well. Could've dropped outside the top 10. 7th doesn't sound so bad after that.

Last edited:
I love the announcers take of 'getting a good look at what they have behind Hurts'.

Oh well. At least the Lions didn't shoot themselves in the foot as well. Could've dropped outside the top 10. 7th doesn't sound so bad after that.

Yeah getting a good look at a free agent shitty journeyman forever backup QB. They should just say they are tanking and screwing over a division rival on purpose.

Yeah getting a good look at a free agent shitty journeyman forever backup QB. They should just say they are tanking and screwing over a division rival on purpose.

The Giants tweets said everything the announcers wouldn't.

Back