Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 3: Ravens @ Lions Thread

I?m going to hold my opinion on this one. I think this staff might be legit, just missing talent. Stay tuned?.

Lions actually made really good halftime adjustments on offense. Baltimore was killing us with pressure and blitzes and we answered it by stretching the ball out to swift and keeping an extra blocker or two in the second half. It worked pretty good.

Lions actually made really good halftime adjustments on offense. Baltimore was killing us with pressure and blitzes and we answered it by stretching the ball out to swift and keeping an extra blocker or two in the second half. It worked pretty good.

They did. Anthony Lynn is a fantastic coordinator. He?s not working with much on the outside, but we still hung in there and kinda sorta won? I mean maybe Tucker hits from 71 or we give up an L-Jax bomb like he was Rodgers, but this should have a been a win and the coaching adjustments were a big part of that.

The biggest issue is Goff not being able to find second and third reads. Perhaps it improves with a growing comfort in a new system to him, but he?s missed a lot out there by concentrating on read one.

Stafford torching tampa..we wasted a hall of fame qb folks

So after a couple hours to ponder on how dumb this fucking team is. The prevent defense call still bugs me the worst. Then the delay no call. Then the made fg.

I?ll flip flop your one and two as the delay call would have (probably) made everything else moot, but I won?t argue your order either. The defense that was being run is what put them in 4th & 19. Why not run it again for the turnover on downs?

They did not lose when tucker kicked an NFL record 66 yard FG. They did not lose when they decided to play prevent D on 4th and 19

They lost when they decided it was more important to make sure Baltimore didn?t have any time outs left before giving them the ball back and controlling their own destiny for a shot to win. There is always one question I watch to see the answer for whenever a new coach comes to town. Will he play not to lose or go for the jugular when given the opportunity to do so at the end of a game.

The answer is clear three games into the 2021 season with Campbell. Not to lose was the answer and it never works here. Dan Campbell will ultimately fail here like all others before him, he?s no different. There is nothing to lose here until the fords sell the team and we get a leader that understands that things will never change

And I?m on board now the rams and stafford will win the SB. The verlander effect

Last edited:
They did not lose when tucker kicked an NFL record 66 yard FG. They did not lose when they decided to play prevent D on 4th and 19

They lost when they decided it was more important to make sure Baltimore didn?t have any time outs left before giving them the ball back and controlling their own destiny for a shot to win. There is always one question I watch to see the answer for whenever a new coach comes to town. Will he play not to lose or go for the jugular when given the opportunity to do so at the end of a game.

The answer is clear three games into the 2021 season with Campbell. Not to lose was the answer and it never works here. Dan Campbell will ultimately fail here like all others before him, he?s no different. There is nothing to lose here until the fords sell the team and we get a leader that understands that things will never change

And I?m on board now the rams and stafford will win the SB. The verlander effect

Agreed. Especially with a PS kicker that looked like he was shitting his pants. Why would you play for the fg when you knew lamar had an entire minute and only needed to go half the field? This is what happens when you have meat head coaches.

Last edited:
Plenty of fans didnt realize how good he was

Still doesn?t get the Fords off the hook. Matt made plenty of mistakes but he was the Lions best chance to win when he was here.

Remember he wanted out of Detroit. I don?t blame him.

The Fords are just shitty owners. They can?t even luck into a few playoff wins with Calvin Johnson and Stafford, and Suh on the same team. The draft fucking tight ends when the could have had a great defense player. They have whiffed on so many drafts other then Matt and Calvin, and Suh. The refs always screw the Lions no matter what unless it?s a meaningless game against another shitty organization.. I?m just so mad at the Fords. They don?t deserve to own a team. I have posted the Fords win loss record before. This is on them for not finding a coach like the Rams have.

Only 19 winning seasons since 1961. They are inept owners who hire crappy coaches. Shit this team had Bill Belichick coaching special teams or tight ends and they still didn?t see how special he was.

Last edited:
I look at Brady and realize he is the GOAT because he took salaries that allowed the team to bring in FAs that lead to victories. Stafford and Suh came in right before the Rookie Cap and those high salaries prevented the Lions from bringing in better FAs.

Screwed by the NFL, yes... but also screwed by those players who had individual talent but no comprehension football is a team sport and you need talent maximized on the roster to win.

Going back to pre-Salary cap era, the Fords had enough money to buy all the biggest FAs but they chose money over championships. I am glad WCF never won a SB for that reason. Look at the team Jones put together in Dallas before the Salary Cap... WCF could have done similar if he really wanted to win.

But nowadays you need to max the Rookie talent with as many picks as possible, allowing more money to be spent in FA. Not sure these guys understand that, but that is the way to win in this new era.

Curious to see how the Bears game goes next week. They looked awful yesterday, though I?m sure they?ll bounce back.

I look at Brady and realize he is the GOAT because he took salaries that allowed the team to bring in FAs that lead to victories. Stafford and Suh came in right before the Rookie Cap and those high salaries prevented the Lions from bringing in better FAs.

Screwed by the NFL, yes... but also screwed by those players who had individual talent but no comprehension football is a team sport and you need talent maximized on the roster to win.

Going back to pre-Salary cap era, the Fords had enough money to buy all the biggest FAs but they chose money over championships. I am glad WCF never won a SB for that reason. Look at the team Jones put together in Dallas before the Salary Cap... WCF could have done similar if he really wanted to win.

But nowadays you need to max the Rookie talent with as many picks as possible, allowing more money to be spent in FA. Not sure these guys understand that, but that is the way to win in this new era.

You?re not comparing apples to apples. Brady also has a wife who's worth $400M. Brady is worth about $250M. His income is SECONDARY in his own household. These other guys don?t. That?s a MASSIVE difference. Good for him for taking less?..but you can?t hold it against other guys for not doing the same thing. (Wilson's wife makes her own money. Not Giselle $$, though)

He?s the goat because he?s a very good quarterback that has played on very good teams. That?s not taking anything away from his accomplishments. It?s just been a very fortunate career for him, along with being extremely good.

Last edited:
You?re not comparing apples to apples. Brady also has a wife who's worth $400M. Brady is worth about $250M. His income is SECONDARY in his own household. These other guys don?t. That?s a MASSIVE difference. Good for him for taking less?..but you can?t hold it against other guys for not doing the same thing. (Wilson's wife makes her own money. Not Giselle $$, though)

He?s the goat because he?s a very good quarterback that has played on very good teams. That?s not taking anything away from his accomplishments. It?s just been a very fortunate career for him, along with being extremely good.

I couldn't agree more. He isn't even the best QB of his era but because his teams have won he is the GOAT?

Curious to see how the Bears game goes next week. They looked awful yesterday, though I?m sure they?ll bounce back.

I think the Browns have the best front 4 in football and definitely the best pass rush. The Lions don't.

Back