Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 6: Lions @ Cowboys Thread

It?s just a phase. They tried to duplicate the Patriots, that didn?t work. Now they?re trying the all-former-players approach.

When that inevitably fails, I predict they go with the former-glory approach. They?re going to hire someone who found success once or twice but has been out of the game for 5+ years, then they?ll hand them the keys to everything, a la Stan Van Gundy.

CALDWELL, part 2!!!

I remember the day when Millen said "I'm not qualified" only to hear Ford say "You're smart you'll figure it out." End of the day Millen is just one GM, not better or worst than anyone else.

Our OC needs to get back to basics with Goff. He appears to be only good using play action. Maybe getting him back to play action will get him back in Rhythm.

It's pretty hard to say that he is better than Goff. That said, given his age, when he was drafted, and his contract, I'm sure the Lions would much rather have Zappe over Goof.

Last drive wasn?t so good for Zappe. Maybe the Bears adjusted. He hasn?t been good since the first two drives.

Last edited:
Moving further away from 3rd. We need to draft a good healthy RB or 2, or trade and run 80% of the time.

The way Bears are ponding NE we are not winning those games either. Freaking Dan?s Lions are so freaking soft. Embarrassing how we were not ready to play New England. After two drives the Bears have shut down Zappe. Bears probably sweep us. I change my mind I would rather have Goff over Zappe.

Weird how the Bears had a great game plan aand pounded the Patriots. We have a really bad head coach as of right now learning on the job.

I?m on the He should be fired over thanksgiving if we lose the next 3 or 4.

Last edited:
The way Bears are ponding NE we are not winning those games either. Freaking Dan?s Lions are so freaking soft. Embarrassing how we were not ready to play New England. After two drives the Bears have shut down Zappe. Bears probably sweep us. I change my mind I would rather have Goff over Zappe.

Weird how the Bears had a great game plan aand pounded the Patriots. We have a really bad head coach as of right now learning on the job.

I?m on the He should be fired over thanksgiving if we lose the next 3 or 4.

Goff who threw 2 INT and fumbled twice vs Dallas. That Goff? Shat QB vs shat QB I take the cheaper one.

If Fontes is dead, Wikipedia doesn?t know it yet.

He and Parcells are both early 80s.

Pretty old to be an NFL HC, but I guess either could be POTUS.

Campbell is the Parcells tree. Basically Campbell but with no innovation at this point.

Caldwell and Mooch were the head coaches who had success prior with other teams, getting a second shot. Caldwell actually did well

Marinelli and Campbell are the position coaches that are motivators.

Morningwheg (OC), Schwartz (DC) and Patricia (DC) were the shiny coordinators that were going to fix things with the DCS being big assholes but "geniuses". Tried for Whisenhunt (shiny OC) too over Caldewell and Whisenhunt failed.

We haven't really tried the young innovative OC yet or a college coach making the jump (they always fail).

This was the last interview round

Completed interviews: Marvin Lewis (12/31), Eric Bieniemy (1/4), Darrell Bevell (pity interview) (1/5), Robert Saleh (1/7), Dan Campbell (1/11), Arthur Smith (1/12),

Scheduled interviews: Todd Bowles (1/15)

Second interviews: Arthur Smith (1/15)

Bienemy still hasn't been hired (good OC but has Reid and Maholmes). Saleh don't know if Jets convinced him more than the Lions or Lions moving too slow or Lions chose Campbell over him and finally Arthur Smith mixed results with Falcons so far (innovative OC). And Bowles eventually got the Tampa job. Marvin Lewis was an old coach with some longevity success and also maybe Rooney Rule.

Last edited:
anyone think these dumbasses will try and work any trades before the deadline? who should they target.

Back