Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Game 6: Lions @ Cowboys Thread

Drafting BPA is the right strategy for a team devoid of talent like the Lions. Whether the individual players work out is another matter, but I don?t have any issues with the process itself. This team would probably still be 1-5 had they picked a LB instead of Jameson, mainly because the collective talent as a whole is still lacking. There?s still a lot of work to do on this roster, the poor start isn?t all that surprising. Fans were too drunk on the Hard Knocks koolaid going into this season.

Paschal/Cominsky, Harris, McNeil, Romeo Okwara and Hutch on the Dline. Will need one DT to upgrade when they cut Brockers for cap space.

Need a starting MIKE LB. Rodriguez is set at the other LB and Barnes is good backup depth

Secondary they will need CB2 and nickel CB and SS as AO, Mike Hughes and DeShon Elliot all hit free agency. Jerry Jacobs and Parker could step up in the CB roles but Lions will have plenty of draft capital and FA cap space to fill these holes. Looks like Kerby Joseph is good filling in for Walker (returning from achilles). And then Ife and Levi just can't stay healthy but if they ever do, could provide a boost at DT and safety depth.

Offense they need a QB. And might upgrade over Jamaal Williams (incoming FA). If they switch out Vaitai (50/50) for cap space, they will go cheap at RG

I think they need a starting RB as well. Swift can't stay healthy

I think they need a starting RB as well. Swift can't stay healthy

Kind of agree long term. I think that replacement for Jamaal next year should be an upgrade to Jamaal and the starter going forward and can be a fill in starter in 2023 for Swift when he inevitably gets hurt. Swift is a FA in 2024 so he has health issues to overcome in order to be re-signed at the right price.

Swift is the softest RB in the league. With this O-line, they could easily get by with a 3rd/4th round pick.

Jamaal is doing fine until that fumble. He's not electric or a game changer like Swift runs but it gets the job done. Williams can be upgraded though and since he will be a FA the time is now. Round 3 or 4 sounds right but you just know it will be Round 2.

Paschal/Cominsky, Harris, McNeil, Romeo Okwara and Hutch on the Dline. Will need one DT to upgrade when they cut Brockers for cap space.

Need a starting MIKE LB. Rodriguez is set at the other LB and Barnes is good backup depth (incoming FA). If they switch out Vaitai (50/50) for cap space, they will go cheap at RG

Yes we have bodies that can technically play but collectively they suck.

Yes we have bodies that can technically play but collectively they suck.

All those Dline have played well. Hutch (good showing flashes of great), Harris (consistent pass rusher now hurt), Romeo (consistent pass rusher now hurt) have proven it in this league. Paschal for one game only so far but it was a good game and it helped Hutch shine too. Cominsky played well the 2 games he plays. McNeil has been solid for 1.5 years. It's far from just bodies. FS Walker has been good (now hurt long terk) and the rookie Joseph is raw but improving to good.

Rodriguez has been solid starter for any LB, not just a rookie Okudah has been good and improving. So we have much more than just bodies there.

And like I said, CB2, nickel, SS, Mike LB and one more DT will be replaced.

Collectively we have been missing alot of them due to injuries. Collectively they need those other positions filled to help improve the defense. Collectively they can do better once they add better CB2, nickel, SS and Mike LB or the Dline starts to become dominant instead of just good. The Dline has that potential but needs continued improvement but not many tweaks unlike half the secondary or Mike LB.

We have already seen improvement from the defense (when Cominsky and Paschal are playing). It's not fully noticed because the offense decided to lay two eggs (though they moved the ball, just didn't score 0/6 4th down, picks in opponents' territory and the Williams fumble)

Last edited:
And that's why we re 2nd from bottom in defensive rushing per game. Nice.

I mean the Dline is hurt too and we still have Anzalone and some secondary tackling issues too. Lions still need one DT like I said too.

Eagles (plus Hurts) and Seattle also have really good run games. Couldn't stop Cook, Stevenson or Pollard.

Let's see what they can do with Paschal back against the Dolphins, Packers, Bears and Giants. Some more rushing tests for sure

NE 11th, Seattle 9th and Eagles 5th. We'll see where they end up.

Bears are number 1 right now, Jags are rushing well and Giants of course

Lions are 6th even missing Swift for so many games and without a rushing QB.

Last edited:
I mean the Dline is hurt too and we still have Anzalone and some secondary tackling issues too. Lions still need one DT like I said too.

The Lions are 31st in the league allowing 163 yards rushing per game. They are last in total yards per game (412 yards). They are last in points per game at 32.3 which is almost 5 points per game worse than the second to last team.

Keep making excuses because that's what you do, but they are terrible.

Dumbass Shelia yapped to the media today and she basically said no one is on the hot seat in Detroit. Pathetic ownership.

Schwartz got 5 years due to an extension
Caldwell 4 and won the most but got dumped due to nepotism
Patricia 2.5 as an asshole without a plan on a 4 year deal

Bob quin 4.5
Mayhew 6.5
Millen 7.25

Buckle up boys its gonna be awhile. They got 6 year deals

The Lions are 31st in the league allowing 163 yards rushing per game. They are last in total yards per game (412 yards). They are last in points per game at 32.3 which is almost 5 points per game worse than the second to last team.

Keep making excuses because that's what you do, but they are terrible.

Extreme injuries can be a reason you suck. Improved with Pascahl back and Jospeh stepping up already. Lets see what happens

Extreme injuries can be a reason you suck. Improved with Pascahl back and Jospeh stepping up already. Lets see what happens

playing much better! Held Dallas 6 points above their season average in an 18 point loss. :clap: :lmao: :cheers:

Back