Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Harbaugh NFL Rumors

A couple years ago a myopic, ungrateful and misguided Michigan fan base, well represented on this board, was calling for Harbaugh to be fired.

Two years, two conferences championships later and two CFP appearances later, Harbaugh seems to be wanting Lincoln Riley money; Riley does have one more CFP loss than Jim.

Here in Los Angeles, Riley has been being greeted like a conquering hero. I guess USC fans miss gettin? into the natty conversation, so what if it took a little cheatin? to get there?

Imagine the kind of dough Riley could be holding any college team over a barrel for if he had ever led a team to a Super Bowl appearance? Break out the Brinks truck.

Harbaugh is different than almost every other coach. He?s coached a team to the Super Bowl and two CFPs. Not too many have done that.

If Harbaugh does choose to stay at Michigan, the myopic, ungrateful and misguided Michigan fan base should be considering themselves lucky.

Not that they will.

Check that.

It isn?t almost at all.

No coach in the college football rankings has ever coached a team to a Super Bowl.

I guess if Pete Carroll decides to come back and coach in college, or Jimmy Johnson, or Barry Switzer wants to come out of retirement, Jim is kind of fucked.

I guess, if James brother decide to dip his toe into the college rankings, Jim could also be a little bit fucked.

Beyond that, as far as an achievement, Harbaugh is in pretty rarefied air.

I guess Jim is still behind any active coach who?s led their team to a natty.

How many are of them left, maybe three?

He did take a pay cut and he did return a bonus in excess of $250k to ensure that other people in the AD didn't have to take a pay cut. Have you ever sacrificed 5% of your salary to give to your co-workers? Was it Mel Tucker that told the AD that offered to make him the highest paid college coach "No thanks, save that money for my assistants". No, that was Jim Harbaugh when he was hired.

There's plenty of examples to show that money isn't the driving force behind what Jim does. The consensus seems to be that it's not about the money so much as it's that the money means he's appreciated.

I give more than 5% of my earnings away every year, but that's not the point. And for every one of those examples there's a couple of him interviewing for NFL jobs to get himself a bigger payday. The idea that he took that pay cut a couple years back out of the kindness of his heart or for the good of the program is nothing but spin. Unfortunately for him, at the time there were no NFL teams expressing interest in him and as has been pointed out, a significant portion of the fan base wanted him fired. Tough to put the screws to the university when you're negotiating from a position of weakness - he did it to save his job, full stop. Now he's in a different position and he's doing what every other coach does - extracting as much value for himself as he can. I'm not even criticizing Harbaugh, I'm just calling out all the Harbaugh sycophants who think he's so much different from everyone else.

Last edited:
Not a great sign for Warde, but glad Harbaugh is definitively back for 2023. Hopefully we can avoid this song and dance next year.

I don?t pay much attention to the drama. I barely know who Warde Marnuel is. I care even less.

Home is home, is home is home.

Go Junior Packers.

Go Junior Rams.

Go little Jim and go little John.

Go little Tinsel.

Go little Smitty.

Ann Arbor forever.

Michigan forever.

Forever and always.

Go Blue.

I just don?t care anymore. Last two off seasons have ruined any chances at getting decent recruiting classes. If Jim wants to win at Michigan maybe he should start coaching Like Alabama and Georgia?s head coaches and start getting more 5 star kids. Maybe his teams could show up in the Final Four.,

Last edited:
I just don?t care anymore. Last two off seasons have ruined any chances at getting decent recruiting classes. If Jim wants to win at Michigan maybe he should start coaching Like Alabama and Georgia?s head coaches and start getting more 5 star kids. Maybe his teams could show up in the Final Four.,

Yeah, they have shown up in the Final Four.

Two B1G championships in a row, two final four appearances.

The notion that anything about the the last two seasons has ruined anything, in comparison to where the state of the program was therefore is beyond absurd.

Go ahead just don?t care anymore.

I don?t care that you don?t care, in fact I?m glad you don?t care.

I hope you don?t care so much that you literally just stop posting.

Back to back B1G championships.

Back to back stompings of TTDS.

Another one coming up this November.

Didn?t you get the memo?

Feel free to prove how much you just don?t care by just not responding.

EDIT: Before I go to bed in an argument?Bob, you?re sometimes like my stepbrother who lives down the hall whom I always love but don?t always like.

Last edited:

You know what, I?m not done.

I don?t want you to not care anymore. Instead, I want you to go to Ann Arbor and talk to Coach, or talk to his boss, Manuel or whatever his name is, and tell them why you should be in charge of recruiting, and how you could recruit more five stars away from Georgia and Alabama than Coach is getting.

And while you?re there, talk to Coach Hubbard and get his ass in line some too.

For the love of effin? Zeus.

JFC.

I?m sorry.

This is literally the stupidest fucking thing I?ve ever read.

Back to back conference championships and back to back victories over the hated rival have ruined recruiting going forward?

Do you have any idea how fucking idiotic and moronic that sounds?

Success has led to ruins? Really? Do you conceive how Unfuckbelievably stupid that is?

Do you have any idea how that defies any concept of logic or reason?

Explain to me, how success, after the last 20 years, leads to ruins.

Oh, that?s right, you don?t have to.

You just spew venom without having to back it up with logic or reason or facts.

I?m sorry.

Back to back conference championships and back to back victories over the hated rival have ruined recruiting going forward?

Success has led to ruins? Really? Do you conceive how Unfuckbelievably stupid that is?

Success breeds failure.

Haven't you heard that (fascist-like...) saying "Hard men create good times, good times create soft men, soft men create bad times"?

We need a coach that sucks and loses games to make us hungry and want to win again. Bring back Rich Rodriguez.

I?m sorry.

Your a idiot like always. You fucking know I?m happy with big ten titles but you and I know that?s not the fucking point.

Facts.
Jim is 1-6 in bowl games and now 0-2 in final fours. One as a 8 point favorite over a TCU team Michigan has zero business losing to.

Correct me if I?m wrong T I?m still waiting ? College football games are played to win National championships. Michigan has a split title in 1997 and one on 1947 and 48. The other 8 before 1933. It should not be this hard for the university of Michigan to win football national titles.

Back to back big ten titles are fine but they are not what Georgia and Alabama have and that?s what we are playing for. I could care less what you think. I?m fucking right. These back to back big ten titles should lead to way better recruiting classes and yet they don?t because Jim keeps flirting with the NFL. He is lucky he has a loaded team next season and another weak schedule but what about 2024 and beyond ? Georgia has 15-25 five stars and it shows. Michigan has less then 5. Heck Jim was in Minnesota on national signing day last year. I never thought he would leave but something is up between him and the AD. Maybe Jim should figure out what his coaches are doing on the computers ? What the heck is going on ?

Im hoping the new president fires the AD and maybe Jim can decide he wants to be the coach at Michigan dang it.
Imagine if he used this time on recruiting instead of the NFL T ?

Last edited:
Your a idiot like always. You fucking know I?m happy with big ten titles but you and I know that?s not the fucking point.

Facts.
Jim is 1-6 in bowl games and now 0-2 in final fours. One as a 8 point favorite over a TCU team Michigan has zero business losing to.

Correct me if I?m wrong T I?m still waiting ? College football games are played to win National championships. Michigan has a split title in 1997 and one on 1947 and 48. The other 8 before 1933. It should not be this hard for the university of Michigan to win football national titles.

Back to back big ten titles are fine but they are not what Georgia and Alabama have and that?s what we are playing for. I could care less what you think. I?m fucking right. These back to back big ten titles should lead to way better recruiting classes and yet they don?t because Jim keeps flirting with the NFL. He is lucky he has a loaded team next season and another weak schedule but what about 2024 and beyond ? Georgia has 15-25 five stars and it shows. Michigan has less then 5. Heck Jim was in Minnesota on national signing day last year. I never thought he would leave but something is up between him and the AD. Maybe Jim should figure out what his coaches are doing on the computers ? What the heck is going on ?

Im hoping the new president fires the AD and maybe Jim can decide he wants to be the coach at Michigan dang it.
Imagine if he used this time on recruiting instead of the NFL T ?

Admittedly my tone in the post you quoted was harsher than I wish it had been.

Also it?s ?you?re an idiot,? not ?your a idiot.?

When calling someone else an idiot one should probably demonstrate they are at least basically literate in the language they?re using to call the other person an idiot.

Again, I encourage you to go to Ann Arbor and persuade whomever there who can put you in charge of recruiting that you could land more 5 star recruits than Harbaugh.

It took both Clemson and Georgia a few shots before they got past Alabama, and I
think it took Alabama a time two to get past LSU.

I don?t think Harbaugh being in Minnesota on national signing day changed anything much.

It takes a while to see how successful a recruiting season was. The recruits have to do stuff, like, play, and stuff.

Jfc y'all. Get it together. I know you retired motherfuckers are bored but Jim is our best bet AND he's got to re-evaluate his approach to bowl season. Gonna star a go fund me to send each of you fleshlights so you will calm tf down.

Jfc y'all. Get it together. I know you retired motherfuckers are bored but Jim is our best bet AND he's got to re-evaluate his approach to bowl season. Gonna star a go fund me to send each of you fleshlights so you will calm tf down.

We?ve been at it for years.

Fleshlight? What the hell?

Like I said?I love Bob.

I just don?t always like him that much sometimes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KTyLJftgoc0

I just think there should be bigger goals then winning the big ten championship and when you look at Alabama and Georgia we seem way behind. All these Bowl losses are particularly frustrating.

Maybe he should go to the nfl before he gets suspended by the NCAA lol. Jims always been extremely loose with recruiting rules. I remember when I managed eli ricks dad and he called in the weekend of their Ohio state and Michigan visits. He called me from jim's house. He stayed the night on Jim's couch and eli stayed in his daughter's room lol.

I'm sure whatever the ncaa has on Jim its not going to be hard to prove.

Last edited:
Back