Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hock to the Vikings

no way in hell. Hooker will be better than Murray and you can save 3 picks lol.

Agree on this. And save on cap space too.

First round qb with first pick. Then defense defense defense defense with rams pick, 2nd round, vikings 2nd round and high 3rd round. Unless you dump vaitai, then maybe a guard on day 2 pending you go defense in free agency too

If we get the chance to draft Hooker no guarantee we'd draft him. Holmes has a man crush on Goff.

Draft Anderson and draft a qb with the Rams pick. Just my opinion.

Last edited:
in '22 he doesn't look proven at all.

He is 5th in TE in yards and 4th in TDs. Hock is proven and now he is a Viking

Will be interesting to see what Brock Wright and James Mitchell do in the next 7 games to compared to Hock

If we get the chance to draft Hooker no guarantee we'd draft him. Holmes has a man crush on Goff.

Does he though? I feel like every other move says otherwise.

- Traded for Goff and then assembled the worst WR group to start last season
- Traded up to draft a WR in the 1st round, knowing that he wouldn?t be ready to start the season
- Traded Hock away for future picks that won?t contribute for another 2-3 years

If Holmes really loves Goff, he has a weird way of showing it.

Will be interesting to see what Brock Wright and James Mitchell do in the next 7 games to compared to Hock

well, together they had a total of 59 catches during their college careers. My guess is they might catch a total of 20 passes over the remaining games this year.

Does he though? I feel like every other move says otherwise.

- Traded for Goff and then assembled the worst WR group to start last season
- Traded up to draft a WR in the 1st round, knowing that he wouldn?t be ready to start the season
- Traded Hock away for future picks that won?t contribute for another 2-3 years

If Holmes really loves Goff, he has a weird way of showing it.

He loves testing Goff while he rebuilds. And he is going to love 20 million in cap space too if we do draft Hooker or whoever in Round 1

Goff is 11th in QB rating in the league but he is inconsistent and sucks on the road. Hopefully the new QB gives us that good QB play consistently. A running threat would be nice too given how the league is changing.

Would not mind if they work out a massive pay cut for Goff though for cap space and then you have Goff and the rookie for 2023. Though I would want to play the rookie to get him experience ASAP since he'll have a good Oline, good run game and enough weapons with Jameson, Reynolds, St Brown and Swift.

well, together they had a total of 59 catches during their college careers. My guess is they might catch a total of 20 passes over the remaining games this year.

Wright had 8 catches when Hock went to IR last year sharing time with Zylstra until he got hurt. So probably right as Mitchell still a rookie too with 1 catch. Guess Chark could still come back from IR in a couple weeks and Jameson PUP too. That could be boost to open things up for the TEs even more

Referring to Murray not Hock.

Wait. We give up two picks in 4th and Hock to move up to 2nd round in 2023 and 3rd in 2024?

That seems way too low for him.

Dumb trade Holmes. Better nail both of those picks with pro bowlers

Don?t worry.

The Lions do this all the time, right?

Don?t worry.

The Lions do this all the time, right?

Sometimes they hit on picks, sometimes they do not.

I would like to see metrics on teams over the years on considered hits vs misses. Other than Win Loss of course

I would like to see metrics on teams over the years on considered hits vs misses. Other than Win Loss of course

Of course

I know, wins and losses, right?

What a stupid data point!

Of course

I know, wins and losses, right?

What a stupid data point!

There is more to teams than just the draft. FA, coaching, development etc but would be interesting to see hits and misses at an individual draft level

There is more to teams than just the draft. FA, coaching, development etc but would be interesting to see hits and misses at an individual draft level

Nothing interesting about it. We would rank at the bottom.

Nothing interesting about it. We would rank at the bottom.

You would have to factor in re-signs and trades and how well the player does with other teams

Like Hock is a hit but now he is a Viking due to not wanting to pay him during a rebuild. Laken was meh for us but good for the 49ers for years. Van Noy sucks for us but good for Pats. Titus went insane, Broyles injury, Levi injury, Best injury, Kerryon Johnson, LeShoure and Abdullah injuries and disappointments too, Suh good for us but we refused to overpay him. Charles Harris sucked for other teams but was good for us last year as cheap FA

Would agree would be low due to day 2 and lack of almost any day 3 guys. Round 1 I think they are average to maybe above average

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-historical-draft-success-for-all-32-nfl-teams

Interesting read, unfortunately only covers 4 years (2017-2020). Lions are middle of the pack in every metric.

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stat-analysis/2020/nfl-drafting-efficiency-2010-2019

This one is slightly different and covers 10 years (2010-2019).

Back