Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs UCLA

When I first saw the bracket I noticed UCLA in there and thought wouldn't that be a classic match up? Michigan and UCLA. I kind of hate UCLA and USC. Well, the story of this tournament is going to be the undefeated season of Gonzaga. They are going to kill UCLA. Hell, they would have killed Michigan too the way they played tonight.

Last edited:
With new point guards playing next year it will be a work in progress that is for sure.
A lot of talent coming in but no real returning pg that had played minutes.

When I first saw the bracket I noticed UCLA in there and thought wouldn't that be a classic match up? Michigan and UCLA.

Don’t we only have 1 win in the ncaa against UCLA ? They beat good Michigan teams all the time in the 1960?s because well they had Lew Alcindor and Bill Walton. And we only had Cassie Russell. Idk maybe we have another.

Last edited:
There was no guarantee that a much easier two to take the game into overtime would have gone in, but if it was going to go in it likely would have gone in much more easily.

Screw it.

Overall good season.

Between good and very good.

Onto baseball and softball.

And whatever else comes next.

There was no guarantee that a much easier two to take the game into overtime would have gone in, but if it was going to go in it likely would have gone in much more easily.

Screw it.

Overall good season.

Between good and very good.

Onto baseball and softball.

And whatever else comes next.

At 19 second we were down 1 with the ball. Attack the rim. No reason to be shooting a three there. Especially 1-8 at the time Wagner. Soon to be 1-10 Wagner. I just thought getting some close to the basket may have gotten a foul call.

Maybe one day something good will happen to Michigan hoops or football. 1989 and 1997 are getting in the rear view window. Hockey was in the 1990’s baseball runner up. Probably never happen again in our life time. Softball 2005.
There is always swimming and diving.

Just can’t waste these opportunities. I know we probably wouldn’t have beaten Gonzaga, Baylor, or Houston You got to get there to have a chance. Just a Real wasted moment for Howard.

Last edited:
Howard def needs to improve End Game, but also when playing a guy who has a hot hand I believe in forcing him to play hard on D and expend his energy fighting through screens and chasing his guy as much as possible, try to draw some fouls while doing that. I hate letting him stay in rhythm on O and not targeting him when he is on D.

#1 Recruiting Class coming in, hopefully they prove better than this year's team.

Last edited:
That was one of the worst basketball (offensive) games I've ever watched. Losing to a team that scored 51 points is fucking awful. Hunter and Smith had back to back bunnies at the end of the game to give us the lead and neither could get them to drop. Frustrating as fuck.

Don?t we only have 1 win in the ncaa against UCLA ? They beat good Michigan teams all the time in the 1960?s because well they had Lew Alcindor and Bill Walton. And we only had Cassie Russell. Idk maybe we have another.

I think Cazzie Russell played during, or at the beginning of the Lew Alcindor era.

Bill Walton came along afterward.

Michigan wasn?t getting to the NCAA tournament during the Bill Walton era.

Possibly M did once, but it didn?t go far.

I think Cazzie Russell played during, or at the beginning of the Lew Alcindor era.

M lost the regional final in Walton's last year. Lost to Marquette.

Howard def needs to improve End Game, but also when playing a guy who has a hot hand I believe in forcing him to play hard on D and expend his energy fighting through screens and chasing his guy as much as possible, try to draw some fouls while doing that. I hate letting him stay in rhythm on O and not targeting him when he is on D.

#1 Recruiting Class coming in, hopefully they prove better than this year's team.

Dude, this is weak.

Did this year?s team win the national championship? No.

Did anybody expect this year?s team to win the Big Ten regular season championship and make it to the elite eight?

No.

Yes obviously we all hope that next year will be better than the last,

Dude, this is weak.

Did anybody expect this year?s team to win the Big Ten regular season championship and make it to the elite eight?

No.

My apologies...I guess UMs weak play vs UCLA rubbed off on me.

My apologies...I guess UMs weak play vs UCLA rubbed off on me.

Funny.

Winning the B1G outright and getting to the Elite Eight when NOBODY expected anything remotely like that matters not in the least.

You?re right.

One game is all that matters.

Funny.

Winning the B1G outright and getting to the Elite Eight when NOBODY expected anything remotely like that matters not in the least.

You?re right.

One game is all that matters.

Not one game, several games showed a deficiency in End Game ability. Hopefully Howard reflects on that and either through play design or execution that area improves.

I do not care if they performed better than others expected for the season. In other seasons they underperformed and all those balance out in time. I am just looking forward to next year and hoping next year is even better than this one and with the #1 class they should be fun to watch again. I look forward to it and am hopeful they can win it all...just like I always am at this point in the year.

If you wish to bathe in the aura of their over-performing success this year, I am not stopping you or saying you should not. I am just already excited and hopeful that they will win it all next year.

I don't get why you feel this to be an offensive thing to be expressing, but if you are needing a dog to kick, by all means keep kicking.

Not one game, several games showed a deficiency in End Game ability. Hopefully Howard reflects on that and either through play design or execution that area improves.

I do not care if they performed better than others expected for the season. In other seasons they underperformed and all those balance out in time. I am just looking forward to next year and hoping next year is even better than this one and with the #1 class they should be fun to watch again. I look forward to it and am hopeful they can win it all...just like I always am at this point in the year.

If you wish to bathe in the aura of their over-performing success this year, I am not stopping you or saying you should not. I am just already excited and hopeful that they will win it all next year.

I don't get why you feel this to be an offensive thing to be expressing, but if you are needing a dog to kick, by all means keep kicking.

We always have a 6-6 football season to look forward to. Hiohhhhhhhh!

Dude, this is weak.

No.

Fire Howard. Start Over. Get some McDonalds' All-Americans to come here. Instill a positive vibe in the program. We need a coach with some coaching experience at the college level.

We need an outsider; someone who can view the program from an outside perspective.

Fire Howard. Start Over. Get some McDonalds' All-Americans to come here. Instill a positive vibe in the program. We need a coach with some coaching experience at the college level.

We need an outsider; someone who can view the program from an outside perspective.

Is Rick Pitino available?

THIS post is a thing of beauty! Well done!!! Championship every year or burn it down like a couch on the front porch!!!! LOL

Cazzie graduated a year before Lew played for UCLA.

You forgot the Steve Patterson era. Two NCAA titles.

That '74 M team was really good.

Last edited:
Back