Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs UCLA

Down 1
They try for a three with a real cold shooter.

Howard needs to be much better at the end of games with his plays.

Howard needs to be better at end of game plays.

Only just good. They let a final four slip through their fingers. I think our staff was really out coached by the UCLA staff.

So funny

They were jamming it down low all game. Mostly not working but it was working
Some.

and down 1 they don?t even try to get anything close the rim. That is not good coaching.

Then they use the ? Due? Theory with Wagner on last plays of the game.

I just don?t get it. Wagner shot was off all game. Surely Howard can see that.

Use Brown. At least his shot would hit The rim. The first play with 19 seconds was just
Bad. Real bad.

Out coached, out played, just a awful performance. Howard has to be better at end of game situations. Why are we shooting a 3 down 1 ?

They let 1 guy beat them.

Sooooooo... You won't be accepting an invitation to the Juwan Howard fan club?

It was the 1965 National title game. My bad it was Gail Goodrich 42 points (19-20) free throws that did in Michigan’s 3 guys in double figures and 3 guys fouling out lol. Losing
90-81.

Go figure 1965 171 points scored with no three point line. 2021 only 100 points scored. Michigan waste a golden opportunity to make a final four last night. Same old crap for the big ten. Can’t perform when the bright lights are on.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/boxscores/1965-03-20-michigan.html

Last edited:
At 19 second we were down 1 with the ball. Attack the rim. No reason to be shooting a three there. Especially 1-8 at the time Wagner. Soon to be 1-10 Wagner. I just thought getting some close to the basket may have gotten a foul call.

Maybe one day something good will happen to Michigan hoops or football. 1989 and 1997 are getting in the rear view window. Hockey was in the 1990?s baseball runner up. Probably never happen again in our life time. Softball 2005.
There is always swimming and diving.

Just cant waste these opportunities. I know we probably wouldn’t have beaten Gonzaga, Baylor, or Houston You got to get there to have a chance. Just a Real wasted moment for Howard.

Sooooooo... You won't be accepting an invitation to the Juwan Howard fan club?

I never said anything like that but whats wrong with being critical of the end of game plays that were drawn up ? I would not have Wagner shooting a 3 at the end of game Twice. Especially the first time down 1. Drive to the rim. Hey maybe he will come back now. He sure didn’t look nba ready last night . Michigan was a 7 to 8 point favorites. Play that game 10 times Michigan probably goes 7-3. But last night we played right into UCLAs hands and we let a final four slip through our fingers.

Just because we have this great class coming in doesn’t mean anything YET. We have 0 point guards with any real game experience coming back unless Brooks or Smith use the free year and come back. Jackson has a big leap to make next year. Hope he works hard this summer.

Last edited:
tough end to a great season. I didn't get to watch as much basketball this year as usual but what I did get to see of uofm was impressive and fun to watch.

I didn't watch the game, but it looks like UM had their worst game of the year. I think it would be more like 8-2 or 9-1

I’m not so sure. We were out toughed last night. It’s s like we wanted to play fast and slow all at the same time. We had so many rushed possessions all game.

I’m still not sure how UCLA got us so discombobulated on offense but they did. Smith, Brooks and Wagner played so bad last night. Bad time for at least 2 or 3 starters to have their worst games of the season. Guess you have to credit the other team. Just frustrated a younger team got us so out of sorts. Michigan sure did need Livers last night although John’s jr played decent...UCLA started scoring I think when he went out in the first half. I could be wrong on that.

Last edited:
I?m not so sure. We were out toughed last night. It?s s like we wanted to play fast and slow all at the same time. We had so many rushed possessions all game.

I?m still not sure how UCLA got us so discombobulated on offense but they did. Smith, Brooks and Wagner played so bad last night. Bad time for at least 2 or 3 starters to have their worst games of the season. Guess you have to credit the other team. Just frustrated a younger team got us so out of sorts. Michigan sure did need Livers last night although John?s jr played decent...UCLA started scoring I think when he went out in the first half. I could be wrong on that.

When that Juzang kid kept hitting contested jump shots, despite us playing solid defense, you could feel the momentum switch. That added pressure on us.

I think in that kinda game, usually we grind our way to a lead. But we couldn't stop him, and so never took the pressure off.

in the last couple minutes, instead of calmly finding a shot, everything felt do or die. it got a little absurd when you consider we went 0-8 or whatever... 8 chances to get one (1) point, almost all rushed or bad shots.

When that Juzang kid kept hitting contested jump shots, despite us playing solid defense, you could feel the momentum switch. That added pressure on us.

I think in that kinda game, usually we grind our way to a lead. But we couldn't stop him, and so never took the pressure off.

in the last couple minutes, instead of calmly finding a shot, everything felt do or die. it got a little absurd when you consider we went 0-8 or whatever... 8 chances to get one (1) point, almost all rushed or bad shots.

Hunter and Mike did get two shots at the rim that should have put us up 3. Down one at the time and should have hit both of those.

I never said anything like that but whats wrong with being critical of the end of game plays that were drawn up ? I would not have Wagner shooting a 3 at the end of game Twice. Especially the first time down 1. Drive to the rim. Hey maybe he will come back now. He sure didn?t look nba ready last night . Michigan was a 7 to 8 point favorites. Play that game 10 times Michigan probably goes 7-3. But last night we played right into UCLAs hands and we let a final four slip through our fingers.

Just because we have this great class coming in doesn?t mean anything YET. We have 0 point guards with any real game experience coming back unless Brooks or Smith use the free year and come back. Jackson has a big leap to make next year. Hope he works hard this summer.

Missed the last 8 shots they took and shot poorly from the line. Players choked, not much more to it in my eyes. Very poor night shooting the ball.

Missed the last 8 shots they took and shot poorly from the line. Players choked, not much more to it in my eyes. Very poor night shooting the ball.

They're the most complete team in the B1G by far, they play great as a team offensively and defensively. The only thing they were missing was an elite player that can take over a game when the team has an off night. Unfortunately that happened last night. Still a great season.

Back