Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops vs Wisconsin

Who did Howard Punch after the game. Great we have a undisciplined coach too.

The Wisconsin coach (edit: maybe it was an assistant coach actually). I guess he wasn't happy about some timeout called near the end of the game, then words were exchanged in the handshake line and it escalated from there.

It was one of the most disappointing things I've ever seen a Michigan coach do. Lost a lot of respect for Howard.

Last edited:
Boy, and I thought Izzo was juvenile in some of his temper tantrums over the years?

Well It?s not like Howard has done that great a job this year. His staff totally whiffed on this recruiting class.

Well It?s not like Howard has done that great a job this year. His staff totally whiffed on this recruiting class.

Houstan is literally performing at the exact same level as everyone that matches his recruiting profile. Most freshman are not program changing. Literally every program in the country wanted him and Moussa. Bufkin was heavily pursued as well. It's not like our staff took fliers on these guys.

Who did Howard Punch after the game. Great we have a undisciplined coach too.

Howard didn't punch anyone. Punches do not involve open hands.

He royally screwed up today. Just needs to learn from the mistake and be better going forward.

This is honestly indefensible in my opinion. When we lost to Ohio State we called a timeout with 35 seconds to go and the score 68-54. Seems like almost the exact same situation except it was us that called the timeout and not the opponent.

You cannot resort to violence over something like this. Don't care if it's a slap or a punch it's a man who is not in control of himself and he shouldn't be setting that sort of an example to the young men under him. It bothered me most that the players started throwing punches after watching Howard behave the way he did.

If it was his first offense it might be a bit easier to let it go, but sadly it isn't.

Last edited:
You don't call a timeout with 15 seconds left and a 14 point lead. EVERYBODY WHO PLAYS THE GAME FROM HIGH SCHOOL UP KNOWS THIS. The Wisconsin coach was insulting Michigan and he knew exactly what he was doing. No excuse for it. His explanation for doing it is BS. And the Wisconsin coach physically grabbed and stopped Howard from moving past him. You don't grab an angry man when you are angry and physically stop him. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS. I don't blame Howard for being angry and responding physically. I didn't see what happened to cause the bitch slap, but it appears that the assistant coach from Wisconsin was grabbing at and shoving Michigan players. You don't do that during something like this unless you personally know the other team's players. You grab and shove your own players, not the other team's.

It's bad, but a slap is not a punch. Call things what they are.

Don?t know if it landed with much force one on anyone - he kind of punched into a scrum, and it looked like the strike attempt may have been impeded at the arm during the strike attempt - but it absolutely was a punch.

I just watched it about ten times. Fist is balled throughout.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jbHCYj5koqM

Don?t know if it landed with much force one on anyone - he kind of punched into a scrum, and it looked like the strike attempt may have been impeded at the arm during the strike attempt - but it absolutely was a punch.

It was clearly NOT a punch. He slaps the dude on top of the head and his hand slides down the side of his face. Barstool Sports has the slow mo version. It looks more like Juwan tried to grab at the coach but slapped him instead. No excuse for doing it, but that is what the slowed down replay shows.

It was clearly NOT a punch. He slaps the dude on top of the head and his hand slides down the side of his face. Barstool Sports has the slow mo version. It looks more like Juwan tried to grab at the coach but slapped him instead. No excuse for doing it, but that is what the slowed down replay shows.

It?s an overhand right without question. The motion is that beyond dispute and the fist returns clenched to the natural place where the right goes in defensive posture after the overhand right is thrown.

I posted a video that clearly shows that. Post the video you?re referring to that contradicts that.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Coach threw a punch.

Don?t know why a slap would have been any less egregious, anyway.

It?s an overhand right without question. The motion is that beyond dispute and the fist returns clenched to the natural place where the right goes in defensive posture after the overhand right is thrown.

I posted a video that clearly shows that. Post the video you?re referring to that contradicts that.

Sorry to burst your bubble.

Coach threw a punch.

Don?t know why a slap would have been any less egregious, anyway.

EDIT: Dude, do you even ever watch people throw punches?

Because I?ve been a boxer all my life and I watch/throw punches every day (okay, three days a week now - I?m 61 years old).

Just before throwing, coach steps his left foot left to get into position to throw the overhand right. Even my wife thinks it?s ridiculous that someone thinks that not a punch.

If you think that isn?t a punch, you don?t know what a punch is.

You don't call a timeout with 15 seconds left and a 14 point lead. EVERYBODY WHO PLAYS THE GAME FROM HIGH SCHOOL UP KNOWS THIS. The Wisconsin coach was insulting Michigan and he knew exactly what he was doing. No excuse for it. His explanation for doing it is BS. And the Wisconsin coach physically grabbed and stopped Howard from moving past him. You don't grab an angry man when you are angry and physically stop him. EVERYONE KNOWS THIS. I don't blame Howard for being angry and responding physically. I didn't see what happened to cause the bitch slap, but it appears that the assistant coach from Wisconsin was grabbing at and shoving Michigan players. You don't do that during something like this unless you personally know the other team's players. You grab and shove your own players, not the other team's.

Yeah, I think this was some BS from the Wisconsin coach. Howard's going to have to learn to control his temper, but he was clearly trying to walk past Gard when he grabbed him.

I don't know who the fuck does that, or how any other coach would have reacted in that situation.

Imagine if Gard grabbed Bob Knight like that after a loss? WTF do people think that lunatic would've done.

The Wisconsin assistant who escalated it was a former UW player, right? Krabbenhoft? name is familiar.

I didn't see his fist balled; Howard was definitely not chill from the beginning of that exchange, but he was pointing his finger in Gard's face; I didn't see a fist at that point.

I watched the video from the ESPN write up.

I went to Barstool Sports.

Same video, duh, cause it was the same thing.

Headline, called it a ?slap,? web coder called it a punch.

I?ve had dogs all my life. I could have called them all ?the goose that laid the Golden Egg.?

Not one of them ever shit a gold brick.

Coach threw a punch.

Where we go from here? Don?t know, but gotta stop looking at shit through Blue Rose colored glasses.

Thanks Howard. MD will be suspended now with important games coming up. Don?t really care about Williams the guy has regressed this year. But with important games upcoming we will be without Howard and some players now.

Hey Howard control your damn temper.

Who the fuck cares what other teams do with timeouts or whatever.
We all hate Wisconsin basketball for what those hacks get away with on the court but you just can?t throw
Open hands or closed hands. Maybe hit some damn shots and beat them in the court.

Novel concept : Maybe start winning some games in a row.

Last edited:
Back