Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Hoops

Tickets are only $700 for upper deck at MSG, $2.7k in the corner on the main level. Of course, getting to see Tenn play FAU is included in that price so when you think about it, it's a really shitty deal instead of a really, really shitty deal.

Last edited:
Where?s that elite 3pt defense? K state shooting almost 60% on 12 attempts. They?re getting plenty of looks and hitting them. On the season they?re 207th averaging 33.7%.

Last edited:
Where?s that elite 3pt defense? K state shooting almost 60% on 12 attempts. They?re getting plenty of looks and hitting them. On the season they?re 207th averaging 33.7%.

Which could be why they were looking to stop Nowell from getting to the basket. They dared them to make 3s and they did.

Which could be why they were looking to stop Nowell from getting to the basket. They dared them to make 3s and they did.

Maybe but our 3pt defense isn?t as good as our ranking - it?s more a function of the teams we play than anything we do defensively. And it wasn?t just 3s, that kid was finding guys all over the court.

Bummer result, but no one expected them to make it this far after the disappointing season they had.

Last edited:
Maybe but our 3pt defense isn?t as good as our ranking - it?s more a function of the teams we play than anything we do defensively. And it wasn?t just 3s, that kid was finding guys all over the court.

Bummer result, but no one expected them to make it this far after the disappointing season they had.

They banked in a couple 3s at the end of the shot clock to get 45%. It's not like the shot 60%. It was just their night

Wish they would've had Akins on Nowell all game. He really gave us a shot.

Damn was Malik clueless tonight.

Of course in a game nobody should have to lose, we?re the ones to lose. The defense and turnovers cost us this game. How many more back door cuts are we going to allow left and right? And to not even get off a shot to tie it is a complete gut punch.

Also, I don?t really want to rip anyone because we gave it our all, but Malik Hall does literally nothing of value for this team. Plays the game in slow motion, bonehead turnovers, bonehead defensive plays, he hasn?t improved a damn in 3 years.

They banked in a couple 3s at the end of the shot clock to get 45%. It's not like the shot 60%. It was just their night

They shot 58% in the first half on mostly clean looks. it slowed down in 2nd half and they made some improbable ones but it wasn?t all luck. It was definitely their night but a big reason for that is we don?t have great perimeter defense.

What a game. KSU made just a couple more plays than we did.

We?re going to be loaded next year.

Who do we have coming back? Walker and Hauser are done right? That?s a lot of offense right there and some defense as well. Hall is a senior, does he have another COVID year?

If that?s the case, it?s basically Hoggard and Aikins - that?s a solid back Court as aikins really developed this year but if it?s just those two we?re going to need these freshman to be immediate impact players.

Hopefully izzo learned his lesson about the portal this year.

Edit - it looks like Hauser is the only one that?s done if others want to use their covid year. We could even have Steven Izzo back next year?

Last edited:
Who do we have coming back? Walker and Hauser are done right? That?s a lot of offense right there and some defense as well. Hall is a senior, does he have another COVID year?

If that?s the case, it?s basically Hoggard and Aikins - that?s a solid back Court as aikins really developed this year but if it?s just those two we?re going to need these freshman to be immediate impact players.

Hopefully izzo learned his lesson about the portal this year.

Edit - it looks like Hauser is the only one that?s done if others want to use their covid year. We could even have Steven Izzo back next year?

Walker is probably coming back, that's the word. Hall will return and hopefully be healthy, he hurt his back a couple weeks ago and has been a shell since then.

Starting lineup will be the same except for replacing Hauser with Hall.

Fears, Carr, and Booker are all going to get a lot of minutes. Cooper and Kohler should be stronger. Brooks will transfer. I see Holloman as the odd guard out.

Walker is probably coming back, that's the word. Hall will return and hopefully be healthy, he hurt his back a couple weeks ago and has been a shell since then.

Fears, Carr, and Booker are all going to get a lot of minutes. Cooper and Kohler should be stronger. Brooks will transfer. I see Holloman as the odd guard out.

The Cooper/Kohler dynamic at the end of the season was kinda strange. Kohler's minutes dropped off a cliff while Cooper's went through the roof - they basically swapped minutes right when the post season started.

Last night I think only getting 16 minutes from Sissoko really hurt. He wouldn't have done much for perimeter defense but as I said before, Nowell was finding guys all over the floor and we got burned on multiple back door/post plays where other defenders played ole defense. The trade off is his offense doesn't extend much beyond setting screens.

Last edited:

Malik looked healthy when he was trying to play 1 on 1 every time he got the ball. His problem is that he lacks a basketball IQ

I haven't heard anything about Hall's back but I did read a piece that said his foot is still an issue. Apparently it's different from day-to-day and no real rhyme or reason to it. On days when it's sore, he has to take it easy to avoid reinjuring it.

I haven't heard anything about Hall's back but I did read a piece that said his foot is still an issue. Apparently it's different from day-to-day and no real rhyme or reason to it. On days when it's sore, he has to take it easy to avoid reinjuring it.

Well he looked fine physically last night. The mental part was where the problem was.

Back