Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I hope everybody had a woke Columbus Day.

Spartanmack is going to be so pissed at you

I'm not Italian and I don't get upset by other peoples' opinions. I was glad to see that my kids got the day off for Columbus Day with no mention of this silly alternative holiday for the perpetually aggrieved race hustling professional victim class. Over 500 years and counting since the end of ritualistic human sacrifice in the New World!

East side... Marseilles & Mack Ave. How about you?

we were practically neighbors. In high school we used to buy booze at the Pony Keg or Liquor Island and drink it at Balduck Park - and go drunk sledding in the winter time. There was a pretty decent billiards club around there - on Warren maybe?

Last edited:
Here is a little something. Some of the events look they have been canceled due to lack of participation.

Houston.

The places I mentioned in the previous post - I forgot to add that Philadelphia came up ? are fairly well-known to have large Italian populations.

I don?t know that Detroit nor Houston are really known for that.

I don't think Italian American immigrants were numerous enough in either place to maintain Columbus Day events. certainly there were a lot more in Detroit.

I don't know that there ever really was a Little Italy in Detroit; seems like my family were spread across a few different neighborhoods. Maybe someone else knows more about that than me and can comment

Can you believe it?s that time of year again?

Can you believe the shit that has happened in the three short years since this thread was started?

Everyone have a woke Columbus Day.

Everyone have a colonialist indigenous peoples day.

I can't believe this thread is three years old. I must be dreaming.

Can you believe it?s that time of year again?

Can you believe the shit that has happened in the three short years since this thread was started?

Everyone have a woke Columbus Day.

Everyone have a colonialist indigenous peoples day.

I must have been living under a rock. I didn't know that Biden changed Columbus day to Indigenous Peoples' Day.

However, it does remind me of this Sopranos episode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x948IVD1zIo&ab_channel=DickieMoltisanti

Or South Park

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cT014eZQns&ab_channel=Reforming

NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim October 10, 2022, as Indigenous Peoples? Day. I call upon the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities. I also direct that the flag of the United States be displayed on all public buildings on the appointed day in honor of our diverse history and the Indigenous peoples who contribute to shaping this Nation.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, JOSEPH R. BIDEN JR., President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim October 10, 2022, as Indigenous Peoples? Day. I call upon the people of the United States to observe this day with appropriate ceremonies and activities. I also direct that the flag of the United States be displayed on all public buildings on the appointed day in honor of our diverse history and the Indigenous peoples who contribute to shaping this Nation.

it was very nice of those indigenous peoples to come here and help shape our nation like that.

This doesn?t make it not also Columbus Day.

Happy Birthday, Tinsel.

Fuck Columbus. There are better Italians to honor, and he didn't even realize he discovered America.

Happy Birthday, Tinsel.

Fuck Columbus. There are better Italians to honor, and he didn't even realize he discovered America.

Thanks Buddy.

Happy Halloween and Merry Christmas.

Columbus thought he discovered China, right?

I think Donald Trump thinks that too.

Back