Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I think Aidan Hutchinson might be number 1 pick after today

dtroitlionsfan951

Has absolutely demolished the Ohio State backfield. Regardless of how this game finishes. He has looked like a JJ Watt.

I read he is a lifelong Lions fan too. Might give him some extra motivation playing here.

If he?s a life long lions fan that means he?ll want to be here and will understand the pain that?s what this team needs to be full of, guys that get it and relate

Last edited:
I have been on the Hutch train for several weeks.

He has multiple moves to get to QB, each has been effective. I also think he has not reached his ceiling yet. He can bounce out to help cover RBs or WRs on outside, but I would like to see him improve that skillset at the next level. He can also crash hard inside to help defend against interior runs. Teams that do not employ doubles have to regularly resort to holding, which unfortunately he only gets the flag when the OL tackles him.

Still, he plays clean and rarely has a penalty called against him yet is very quick off the ball. Every snap he is almost seemingly offside because of how quick he is, but I'm yet to see him be drawn off.

Great Leader as well. I honestly do not see a downside to picking him. Sure, someone e else will undoubtedly perform better and we will hear inevitable "should gone with X Y or Z instead".

And if Ojabo goes pro and is available at Rams pick, take him with that pick. Bringing those 2 to the Lions would be really nice upgrade to the pass rush.

And if Ojabo goes pro and is available at Rams pick, take him with that pick. Bringing those 2 to the Lions would be really nice upgrade to the pass rush.

Looks like the rams are on their way to loss #4 that 1st rd rams pick is slowly climbing up

Looks like the rams are on their way to loss #4 that 1st rd rams pick is slowly climbing up

I really hope they miss the playoffs. Niners might catch them, and the Vikes too. It would be really Lionesque if they beat the Vikes and that causes the Rams to make the playoffs instead of Vikes.

I?ve said it many times. If you don?t have the staff to develop the picks, it doesn?t matter where you draft.

I see reason to believe the staff on defense does, offense not so sure

Something looked vey familiar with the Rams game. Pick 6, almost another and a fumble lost at their own 5. The Stafford effect.

All other things being equal between Tibs and Hutch, or even slightly in favor of Tibs... I want Hutch because he grew up a Wolverine fan and Lions fan.

He has been a leader in bringing around UM from a horrible season to the playoffs. Giving him the chance to do the same with the Lions would be a dream come true for him.

He will put everything into making the team better. At every practice and every second of the game. He plays with passion and emotion that are positive and healthy for a team in Detroit's situation.

Tibs will play because he is under contract. Hutch will play because he wants to make the Lions a champion.

If the Lions do not take Hutch #1, every Lions fan should boycott the team. Yes, even the fans who are Sparty fans. If Hutch was on MSU and it was the Spartans playing in the playoffs, I would say the same.

He is not perfect. He will not win alone. But he is absolutely the face the Lions need on the team. He will improve the Lions D, he will lead them and WILL them to wins.

Ojabo actually plays in coverage quite a bit...and does well for what hes asked to do. It be a hard choice for me if at the Rams pick you have Nakobe Dean, Devin Lloyd and Ojabo all on the board. I think id go WR and hope one of them falls to you in rd 2.

If you pick Hutch with your first pick you really kind of have your edge defenders in place with quality depth.

Hutch Levi McNeil Brockers
Barnes Anzalone Okwara

Ojabo fits perfectly in place of Okwara...not sure theyd do that after paying Okwara.
Dean and Lloyd are good options to upgrade over Anzalone or Barnes.

Ojabo actually plays in coverage quite a bit...and does well for what hes asked to do. It be a hard choice for me if at the Rams pick you have Nakobe Dean, Devin Lloyd and Ojabo all on the board. I think id go WR and hope one of them falls to you in rd 2.

If you pick Hutch with your first pick you really kind of have your edge defenders in place with quality depth.

Hutch Levi McNeil Brockers
Barnes Anzalone Okwara

Ojabo fits perfectly in place of Okwara...not sure theyd do that after paying Okwara.
Dean and Lloyd are good options to upgrade over Anzalone or Barnes.

I do think there are many quality LBs available who have solid stats, so I can see your point. There are probably more solid LBs than WRs available with that R2 pick as the really good WRs will likely be gone by then.

Reynolds has shown that Goff can do ok when he has better WRs. He seemed far more willing to trust the WRs vs Vikes, probably due to familiarity with Reynolds. That is probably the best In-Season pick-up Holmes has had so far.

Tibs is skipping the Oregon bowl game. After what happened to Jake Butt, I doubt any UM fan would ever blame a player for skipping the non-playoff Bowls which have, IMO, now become extremely anti-climatic. Why risk an injury playing a virtually meaningless game? It probably cost Butt $10+ million over his career.

Back