Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I think Aidan Hutchinson might be number 1 pick after today

Stafford is 2nd in league in qb rating. And a pick 6 could be the wrs fault too (wrong route, tip drop)

Pick six should go against a QB more than a regular pick, at least as far as passer rating goes. It'd be nice if Staff has one record.

He might get more than 1 record.

Not sure if these are things he might have a chance to get:

Most regular season games without a playoff win.
Most playoff games without a win.
Most seasons without a playoff win.
Most "Win and you're in." games lost.
Most losses when team is at or above .500 before the game.
Most injuries that resulted in collapse of season.
Most games where opponent came from behind in 4th quarter to win.

Those are a few off the top of my head. Not that these are actual categories for which records are kept, nor what his current rank would be in any of those categories. Just thinking if any are, I think he has a decent chance at owning the record if he does not already.

Stafford is 2nd in league in qb rating. And a pick 6 could be the wrs fault too (wrong route, tip drop)

Of his 3 this year.....the 1st and 3rd were classic Stafford brain farts. Didn't see a guy and made the throw anyway.

The 2nd had nothing to do with him. TE screen in the flat.....just went right through Higgbys hands and bounced into the gut of a defender. It happens.

lol

it sounds like he would rather play for the Texans than the Lions.

I imagine he probably wouldn't care either way. I'm sure he already has people in his ear about building his "brand" and of course that would be more lucrative in Houston that it would be in Detroit.

That's different from a report I had read awhile acknowledge, but this is obviously straight from his mouth so that earlier report was obviously bogus.

I still think playing for the Lions would awaken that childhood wish that the Lions had been a team to cheer for. Deep down, I firmly believe he would have been a Lions fan if they had been worth a damn. Being given enough the chance to change that narrative for kids from Michigan might be a spark of motivation for him.

Though one does have to also wonder what his reaction will be when he sacks TB12 the first time. LOL

Brady played for Michigan too like him and his dad and he was pretty good..so it makes sense

He will be a lions fan if they draft him

Brady played for Michigan too like him and his dad and he was pretty good..so it makes sense

He will be a lions fan if they draft him

And maybe convince Brady to join him on the Lions???

Sadly no college player with half a brain would want to play for the Fords. History speaks for itself. The Fords are the laughing stock of football owners.

Last edited:
Sadly no college player with half a brain would want to play for the Fords. History speaks for itself. The Fords are the laughing stock of football owners.

1/2 of that is right.

I've read NUMEROUS articles that the Fords are great players owners. They spend money. Generally liked by the players and coaches.

But they are terrible owners in the fact they make really bad front office decisions. That's really all owners do, front office decisions and write checks. They always paid Barry. They paid CJ. They paid Stafford. They just make really bad GM and HC decisions!!

I think the Caldwell firing was the most upsetting not just because he was able to produce borderline playoff teams, but I always had the impression the players liked him. Didn't get the same sense with Gym, and obviously Fatty is lucky a player didn't physically assault him as he was a real POS apparently.

DC is another player's coach. I really hope fans don't run him out of town like they did Caldwell, but it appears several already are. People do not get how a Player's Coach might not be the best technical coach, but will get players performing as a team and produce better results than they would with a different coach.

I think a better GM with Caldwell would have provided better talent for him. He could have produced the Playoff wins with just slightly better talent. GMs have been the issue more than the coaches IMO, especially in Caldwell's case.

I have to look at how Yzerman kept Blas and provided him talent. He believes Blas is a player's coach, so he just needs the right talent. It takes time to turn over a roster, and more importantly it takes picking up the right players. As Yzerman has picked better talent, the Wings have steadily improved.

If Holmes cannot get the right talent, I would be good with replacing him but keeping DC. Yes, DC has made some bad decisions, but every coach makes questionable calls. It happens. Even Belli gets called out at times. Get DC the talent and he will win a SB. They don't have to be All Pros, might not even be Pro Bowlers... he can win with average to above average players that he molds into a team that exceeds expectations. Give me the team over the individual stars every time. We already tried the Star route with Stafford and CJ and Suh... they eat up too much Cap and prevent the building of a solid team that minimizes weaknesses across the roster.

Yes, an opponents star might win a 1v1, but the team will find ways to defeat that advantage while exploiting the advantages they have elsewhere.

I have to look at how Yzerman kept Blas and provided him talent. He believes Blas is a player's coach, so he just needs the right talent. It takes time to turn over a roster, and more importantly it takes picking up the right players. As Yzerman has picked better talent, the Wings have steadily improved.

If Holmes cannot get the right talent, I would be good with replacing him but keeping DC. Yes, DC has made some bad decisions, but every coach makes questionable calls. It happens. Even Belli gets called out at times. Get DC the talent and he will win a SB. They don't have to be All Pros, might not even be Pro Bowlers... he can win with average to above average players that he molds into a team that exceeds expectations. Give me the team over the individual stars every time. We already tried the Star route with Stafford and CJ and Suh... they eat up too much Cap and prevent the building of a solid team that minimizes weaknesses across the roster.

Yes, an opponents star might win a 1v1, but the team will find ways to defeat that advantage while exploiting the advantages they have elsewhere.

I don't know what you see in DC that tells you he is a difference making HC. First of all, there aren't too many out there. Second, he has only been a head coach for 12 games.

I don't know if he is going to be a good head coach. My gut tells me no. His knee biting, crying, etc. Those are sign of an emotional person but not necessarily a leader/coach.

If I were going to bet, I would say he never gets a playoff win as the coach of the Lions

I don't know what you see in DC that tells you he is a difference making HC. First of all, there aren't too many out there. Second, he has only been a head coach for 12 games.

I don't know if he is going to be a good head coach. My gut tells me no. His knee biting, crying, etc. Those are sign of an emotional person but not necessarily a leader/coach.

If I were going to bet, I would say he never gets a playoff win as the coach of the Lions

I look at things like after the win...on the field Goff ran directly to Campbell and hugged him. LOTS of players after Goff did as well. In the locker room, they dedicated a game ball to him and the players surrounded him jumping up and down and yelling.

A 1-10-1 first time head coach has that locker room. They play hard for him. I think they like him. That certainly doesn't guarantee success.....but its really good for a young team. He needs to be better in his in game decisions. He continues to take crucial timeouts to make some of the difficult decisions. I love how aggressive he is....but he seems to be trying to always outsmart the opponent instead of going with what works. He is the type of coach that needs good coordinators.....but that's ok.....some of the best coaches out there do.

Time will certainly tell if he can be the coach of a successful team.....but I do think he's the right guy RIGHT NOW. In a year or two if we have a much more talented roster and he's still making the same mistakes and the team is no longer playing above their heads.....that will certainly be telling of his coaching ability.

Only Fontes has in the last 64 years....so.....be careful on that limb you're out there on!!

You giving odds?

20:1?

I'll bet $100.00.

Back