Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

I think Aidan Hutchinson might be number 1 pick after today

what a terrible year to have the #1 overall pick.

I wholeheartedly disagree.

Hutch will completely change the atmosphere in the Lions locker room unlike any other possible pick could.

He is a Lions fan. This is the moment the Lions transform into a team with amazing leadership and will to win. His personality is even bigger than his on field performance. He is going to will the entire team to the Super Bowl regardless of the talent advantage opponents have.

No, it will not happen year one, but before his rookie contract is up he will provide a SB for the Lions.

This is the best year to have the #1 pick, otherwise Hutch would go to be a leader on a different team.

It is his leadership that coupled with his #1 defensive grade by PFF that makes him a Heisman finalist and why many believe he should win over the QBs.

This is a perfect match for the Lions and if they do not pick Hutch Lions fans should boycott the team. Legit. Do not attend games and do not buy merchandise, because THIS is their best option to bring in one player who will change the Lions into SB Champs through leadership and strength of infectious will power. And any player not buying into Hutch being the locker room leader should be traded or cut to get the negativity and toxicity out.

Hutch becoming a Lion will be the football equivalent of Yzerman going to the Red Wings.

Hutch will completely change the atmosphere in the Lions locker room unlike any other possible pick could.

He is a Lions fan. This is the moment the Lions transform into a team with amazing leadership and will to win. His personality is even bigger than his on field performance. He is going to will the entire team to the Super Bowl regardless of the talent advantage opponents have.

No, it will not happen year one, but before his rookie contract is up he will provide a SB for the Lions.

This is the best year to have the #1 pick, otherwise Hutch would go to be a leader on a different team.

It is his leadership that coupled with his #1 defensive grade by PFF that makes him a Heisman finalist and why many believe he should win over the QBs.

This is a perfect match for the Lions and if they do not pick Hutch Lions fans should boycott the team. Legit. Do not attend games and do not buy merchandise, because THIS is their best option to bring in one player who will change the Lions into SB Champs through leadership and strength of infectious will power. And any player not buying into Hutch being the locker room leader should be traded or cut to get the negativity and toxicity out.

Hutch becoming a Lion will be the football equivalent of Yzerman going to the Red Wings.

I begrudgingly agree. I hate Michigan with a passion.....but that guy has really grown on me as a player. Plays the run and pass really well. Leader. High motor. Hard worker.

I'd be happy with that. Player of character that also happens to have the talent to go #1 as well. I'm in.

It can only benefit the Lions if ANYONE tears it up in the "post season". I'm hoping the Kenny Pickett just lights up MSU......which is a good possibility......and the Eagles decide they can't live without him.

Last edited:
Saw this....and dont get me wrong i love Aidan...but facts are facts. People are targeting Hutch or KT....there other options out there that have MORE production and you may be able to get some assets if you move down and get a guy like Anderson. I Agree with Booger...the best thing that can happen for us is a QB separates themselves in the post season.

Will Anderson, Alabama OLB
Tackles 91
Tackles for Loss 31.5
Sacks 15.5

Aidan Hutchinson, Michigan DE
Tackles 58
Tackles for loss 15.5
Sacks 14

Last edited:

wow...you love this guy.

He might be good. He might be great. That said...I really doubt he does what you think he will do. A single defensive player rarely has that type of impact...quarterbacks do.

wow...you love this guy.

He might be good. He might be great. That said...I really doubt he does what you think he will do. A single defensive player rarely has that type of impact...quarterbacks do.

My "love" for him stems not just from him being a solid and legit player, he grew up a Lions fan. He is going to do more for the Lions than he will do for a different team due to that. He also grew up a Michigan fan. I cannot imagine he will not pour his blood, sweat, and tears into making the Lions a champion. THAT is why I want the Lions to draft him.

Yes, Anderson from Bama has great stats, as does Tibs...there are many players who have great stats. Hutch is the ONLY one of those players who fully understands the Lions historical ineptitude and would fully embrace that piece of the challenge with a desire to make the Lions a champion.

Any player can go to any team for a paycheck. It is damn hard to get a player like him on the team they have grown up loving. He will be the face of the Lions in a way that even Barry, CJ, and Stafford were unable to be...purely because of how he has always been a Lions fan. I think we can all agree that it takes a different type of person to be a Lions fan, and if any of us had the talent of Hutch there would be no greater desire than to apply it to making the Lions into a Champion.

Saw this....and dont get me wrong i love Aidan...but facts are facts. People are targeting Hutch or KT....there other options out there that have MORE production and you may be able to get some assets if you move down and get a guy like Anderson. I Agree with Booger...the best thing that can happen for us is a QB separates themselves in the post season.

Tackles 91
Tackles for Loss 31.5
Sacks 15.5

Tackles 58
Tackles for loss 15.5
Sacks 14

I might agree if Will Anderson is draft eligible. I think hutch passes the eye test though just fine.

The fact of the matter is, we do need a qb. I love Sam Howell, but I think he?ll go top ten but not number 1 unfortunately. While qbs do impact the game more, they also have to be good and that?s the problem. I don?t know if there is a lot of good qbs rolling in this year for the number 1 pick.

Tackles 91
Tackles for Loss 31.5
Sacks 15.5

Tackles 58
Tackles for loss 15.5
Sacks 14

While I cannot say one way or another anything for/against Anderson, I recently saw something about Hutch would have had 3 more sacks had holding not been called on the player attempting to block him and UM taking the penalty thereby negating the sack. I do not know which 3 plays or team(s) involved, but I thought that was interesting.

I do believe Hutch has continued to improve his game all year, which is why he has moved above Tibs who seemed to remain at his same level all year. I do not follow Bama at all to have even a miniscule idea whether Anderson has been improving or not, but I agree his numbers are legit as well. I still prefer the guy who grew up a Lions fan though.

Hutch also bested Anderson to some degree as Hutch has the #1 PFF Defensive Player score. Take PFF for what it is worth, but the O$U game where Hutch set a single game record with 15 Pressures is itself an impressive thing to consider. When Harbaugh says he has had to hold guys back at times during practice, you know Hutch is the first one that he is thinking about.

If Hutch is a true Lions fan I?d think this would be the last place he?d want to spend his career.

Really? If you had his talent, you wouldn't want to use it and give your all to helping the Lions win?

Really? If you had his talent, you wouldn't want to use it and give your all to helping the Lions win?

I'm sure he'll enjoy several seasons of being the best player on a mediocre team, like many of the Lion greats.

I'm sure he'll enjoy several seasons of being the best player on a mediocre team, like many of the Lion greats.

Hey!!!.....our QB is the reigning NFC offensive player of the week. So, unless Hutchinson can win DPOW every week he won't be as good as Goff.

(LKP math........

carry the 4......

true wins......

Chris Greenwood next Richard Sherman.......

Da'Shawn Hand great pick......

7-5.......)

GOFF is the best QB of all time!!!

Hey!!!.....our QB is the reigning NFC offensive player of the week. So, unless Hutchinson can win DPOW every week he won't be as good as Goff.

(LKP math........

carry the 4......

true wins......

Chris Greenwood next Richard Sherman.......

Da'Shawn Hand great pick......

7-5.......)

GOFF is the best QB of all time!!!

Stafford os best qb of all time. Goff sucks but had a good game

He averages over 2 per year, so if he stays healthy enough, he should destroy this record.

Pick six should go against a QB more than a regular pick, at least as far as passer rating goes. It'd be nice if Staff has one record.

Back