Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Lions Fire Quinn and Patrica

Lets see how good gms and owners you all are..comparisons for who you want and which gms and coaches work out for other teams

Early 2018. I really want Patricia- most Lions fans

Give me whisenhunt over caldwell

This schwartz is a genius up and coming dc on good titans d

Welcome to the crap shoot

Lets see how good gms and owners you all are..comparisons for who you want and which gms and coaches work out for other teams

This sounds like a good idea. I'm in.

However, as you relentlessly let us know that YOU are the only one here with reason and understanding of everything that goes into W's & L's.....I will let you lead us off.

Who do you want?

Whoever it is I’ll give them a chance, then I’ll tell you 3 games into the first year if they get it or not. There is nothing to lose in Detroit, do not coach to protect your job, play safe protect leads, run clock, not push the envelope.. coach as though you have nothing to lose because there is in fact nothing to lose in Detroit. I want to see someone that sees, gets and connects with that. saleh is a Michigan native, maybe he would connect?

Last edited:
This sounds like a good idea. I'm in.

However, as you relentlessly let us know that YOU are the only one here with reason and understanding of everything that goes into W's & L's.....I will let you lead us off.

Who do you want?

Dodds and Saleh with a creative oc

I think gm is most important though. He will be picking a new qb

In 2017, he was brought to the Colts by new GM Chris Ballard. As assistant GM, he would continue to show his scouting prowess, but also demonstrate an affinity with underrated free agents. As Ballard’s right-hand man, Dodds has gotten praise from front office members and media experts. Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller penciled him in as a top potential GM candidate back in 2018. A major goal of his was saving a porous Colts defense, one that ranked 29th in DVOA back in 2016. Dodds should be happy with the work he’s put in, as the Colts now have the 4th highest DVOA in 2020.

Last edited:
My preference at this time would be saleh

That is who I want, too.

I like the fact that he seems to earn the respect of his guys, but isn't afraid to challenge them the right way.

They go to war for him. He shows a lot of emotion. I like that.

Also, I think he'd bring in a younger offensive mind. We need an offensive scheme update in the worst way.

I also think he' their best shot at bringing in decent free agents. Guys want to play for him. Nobody wanted to play for Fatty.

Last edited:
While I agree, I would not pay him, let him walk. No separation and too injury prone

Get something for him. Tag him and trade him. They would get at least a 3rd for him (by letting him walk)....and could potentially get more.

Work out a deal with someone.....tag him.....trade him......no cap penalty for either team.

Yeah...but no NFL franchise has ever rolled snake eyes for 60 fucking years.

And since when have the fans had any input on whom their brass picked as HC...and to a far lesser degree, Lions GM/President?

Maybe if the late WCF had not thumbed his nose @ the fans who vocally wanted a change @ the top then the Lions might have had a competent GM much sooner.

Eric Bieniemy maybe ?

Sadly the lions need a football saint like Lombardi, Shula or Belichick to save this Franchise. Sadly they had Shula from 1960 to 62, and Bill got his start in Detroit..

Maybe try and get Bill Cowher or Tony Dungy out of retirement !

Last edited:
Eric Bieniemy maybe ?

Sadly the lions need a football saint like Lombardi, Shula or Belichick to save this Franchise. Sadly they had Shula from 1960 to 62, and Bill got his start in Detroit..

Maybe try and get Bill Cowher or Tony Dungy out of retirement !
I don't want an old fart. They have nothing to coach for. Regardless they have an easy job in broadcast waiting for them.

Yeah...but no NFL franchise has ever rolled snake eyes for 60 fucking years.

And since when have the fans had any input on whom their brass picked as HC...and to a far lesser degree, Lions GM/President?

Maybe if the late WCF had not thumbed his nose @ the fans who vocally wanted a change @ the top then the Lions might have had a competent GM much sooner.

Fans wanted a change prior to Millen..fans wanted schwartz, fans wanted patricia..fans dont have enough information and fans shouldnt get to choose

They just want winning but they give up on gms and coaches after one losing season

Lions fans just like to complain. No matter what

Last edited:
Fans wanted a change prior to Millen..fans wanted schwartz, fans wanted patricia..fans dont have enough information and fans shouldnt get to choose

They just want winning but they give up on gms and coaches after one losing season

Lions fans just like to complain. No matter what
Fans just want a good coach and a good GM. You keep doing it to find one that works. One that knows how to cover a hail mary or one who knows how to count to 11 etc..

I think fans here are reasonable, they were willing to give Patricia the benefit of the doubt, he was taking over a 9-7 team. We were in a good position, even if he turned out to be average we should still be competitive.

Then when it became clear he wasn't fit for the job, a lot voiced that. It was obvious to everyone, you could hear it from former players as well.

So we may not always be right on who is next, because honestly I don't know the difference between what a assistant GM with the Colts is doing and some executive within the Chiefs organization. That is the purpose of interviews. No fan knows, they are just using articles to form their opinion. Which is fine, but you don't have enough information to be certain so and so will work out.

However by the second year I can start to tell if it's on the right track or not.

Last edited:
If Stafford has been in any way affected by his wife's social media feud with many Lions fans and Gov. Whitmer's 3 week partial shutdown and he secretly would rather be traded to a Red state to appease his disgruntled spouse, then I am all for it. He has to be motivated to perform well and just going through the motions won't cut it.

A new regime is highly likely to draft their own QB next year and Matthew would probably still be the Lions starting QB for @ least the beginning of '21 and then that's all folks!!
Trade him to the Jets. He could be a hero for winning 3 games.

Back