Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Market is Bottoming

TheVictors

We may park in a Recessionary range for a while and the market went from overbought to oversold. Tech is holding on well, this is not 2008, the financial structure is sound compared to 2008 but future earnings are not clear.

Until there is clarity for the markets - good or bad - the markets will continue to churn but the bottoming process is in as we bounce around looking for clues.

And to be clear, the Coronavirus isn’t THE reason, it’s the Black Swan/catalyst - the unexpected coupled by Putin’s decision to fuck with us hard in the Oil markets. The oil markets are still significant globally and until revenue and supply chain concerns are resolved generally and outside of oil, expect volatility and day to day swings within a range bound band.

Last edited:
Taxation is theft. We need to cut all taxes to zero.

Then everything get better.

Look at how great Kansas did under Sam brownback.

We may park in a Recessionary range for a while and the market went from overbought to oversold. Tech is holding on well, this is not 2008, the financial structure is sound compared to 2008 but future earnings are not clear.

Until there is clarity for the markets - good or bad - the markets will continue to churn but the bottoming process is in as we bounce around looking for clues.

And to be clear, the Coronavirus isn?t THE reason, it?s the Black Swan/catalyst - the unexpected coupled by Putin?s decision to fuck with us hard in the Oil markets. The oil markets are still significant globally and until revenue and supply chain concerns are resolved generally and outside of oil, expect volatility and day to day swings within a range bound band.

Okay.

So I guess you?re saying that it?s okay for me to continue to not give a fuck about short term stock market volatility?

Okay.

So I guess you?re saying that it?s okay for me to continue to not give a fuck about short term stock market volatility?

buy stock when he say stock market ready to go back up.

probably when president Trump finishes his great business deals in China and suddenly Ford and GM build new factories all over Michigan. and Ohio.

I wouldn’t have suggested buying last Friday as some were but today is different. May still be jumpy but yesterday’s 2014pt flush was YUGE!

Last edited:
I wouldn?t have suggested buying last Friday as some were but today is different. May still be jumpy but yesterday?s 2014pt flush was YUGE!

I sold a bunch of shit the morning there was a bit of a dead cat bounce (last Monday?).

I missed the bounce, but I'm better off across the board, still.

I bought Friday, Yesterday after the big dump and Today attempting to catch the falling knife. I hope you're right vic. And I don't agree with Trump and Kuldow that we need a payroll tax holiday, that problem isn't people need more money for hoarding terlit paper, the problem is fear and Russia deciding now is a good time to try and put our shale out of biz.

Last edited:
I sold a bunch of shit the morning there was a bit of a dead cat bounce (last Monday?).

I missed the bounce, but I'm better off across the board, still.

you referring to Wednesday's "Biden Bounce" as folks attributed it to his showing on Super Tuesday?

I bought Friday, Yesterday after the big dump and Today attempting to catch the falling knife. I hope you're right vic. And I don't agree with Trump and Kuldow that we need a payroll tax holiday, that problem isn't people need more money for hoarding terlit paper, the problem is fear and Russia deciding now is a good time to try and put our shale out of biz.

Is it the falling knife that makes the dead cat bounce?

Now as long as Bernie doesn't have any surprise victories tonight. Wall street doesn't like Bernie

Well the most important thing in our economy is keeping the people engaged in the speculative trading of securities in the secondary market happy, so then I hope Bernie loses

Well the most important thing in our economy is keeping the people engaged in the speculative trading of securities in the secondary market happy, so then I hope Bernie loses

Joe was calling auto workers in Detroit horses asses today. LOL. oh boy that outta help him win MI in NOV and hey Michchamp believe it or not not every working class idiot hates the stock market and believes we should tear it all down or tax all the profit out of it for the ave working stiff.

Last edited:
Was about to lock in my refi at 3% but then the banks all collaborated and put a market freeze the past 24 hours to protect themselves. That seems like it'd be illegal.... who can i sue?

The stock market had been on a pretty good run.

This correction shouldn’t really come as a surprise to anyone.

Dude, are you paying attention to this thread? This is a black swan, caused by President Trump inflating stock prices with this easy money policy his administration introduced to prop up the market.

Also, for your benefit at any future cocktail parties - make sure you remember March 9 will be forever known as Orange Monday, the day the world woke up to the fact that Trump had single handedly destroyed the stock market and the economy. At least that’s what someone read and posted here then the next day after they read a different article, told everyone not to worry because the bottom has been put in - adult swim is over, everyone can go back in the pool.

Last edited:
NBA suspends games indefinitely going to be super ugly tomorrow, More tankage ahead market officially now a bear, I’ll be hitting it again tomorrow and everyday panic there after, all the way down to Dow 6,000 hundred at a time

Last edited:
NBA suspends games indefinitely going to be super ugly tomorrow, More tankage ahead market officially now a bear, I?ll be hitting it again tomorrow and everyday panic there after, all the way down to Dow 6,000 hundred at a time

It's going to be bad

Bottoming is a process ...that said, I’ve never seen a worse speech from a sitting President during a time of crisis and I’ve never seen the Dow bomb 1000pts in the futures markets as a POTUS speaks.

I’ve now essentially got the next month ‘off’ as my travel has been restricted and partner firms/clients put policies in place to ‘safeguard’ employees.

Too bad we don’t have a CDC anymore or normal govt resources to handle such a pandemic.

Last edited:
Back