Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Market is Bottoming

it's defunct.

a bunch of greedy lawyers (which is a "profession" for losers) who were just jealous of Trump's amazing success, and didn't want other people learning his business-negotiation skills sued it, and a Mexican liberal judge ruled in their favor.

Spartanmack taught me that.

He knows things.

Perfectly legal. Totally cool.

Clinton
? You?ve taken Business Bankruptcies six times.?

Trump
? on occasion -Four Times - we have used certain laws That Are there. ?

So it?s ok for Trump but not others ? Not really shocking you have defended Trump At every turn. Trump is nothing but a clown. Hopefully he will be voted out of office next election.

what the hell are you talking about? This makes absolutely no sense. You're the Joe Biden of DSF.

it's defunct.

a bunch of greedy lawyers (which is a "profession" for losers) who were just jealous of Trump's amazing success, and didn't want other people learning his business-negotiation skills sued it, and a Mexican liberal judge ruled in their favor.

Spartanmack taught me that.

He knows things.

I don't think I've ever said anything remotely close to this but when has the truth ever mattered to you. Then again, you are a lawyer.

As much as I hate to admit this dementia Joe is looking and sounding much more presidential right now than trump. He's giving the speech trump failed to deliver right now.

right the guy who said you don't need an AR-15 to defend your home, just walk out onto your balcony with your double barrel shotgun and fire both barrels into the air. He's got it all figured out - all he's said is he would eliminate costs for tests and care, something Trump has already done getting insurance companies to waive copays for testing and treatment.

what the hell are you talking about? This makes absolutely no sense. You're the Joe Biden of DSF.

Your the one who brought up Sanders Wife?s bankruptcy and I was just pointing out how hypocritical it is when your Orange Jesus has had 4-6 Bankruptcies himself.

Oh I forget it is ok for Trump to do it but when a lefty does it it?s a bad thing.

All k-12 schools in MI mandatory shutdown for three weeks starting Monday the world has gone completely stark raving mad another 10% drop tomorrow

Last edited:
Your the one who brought up Sanders Wife’s bankruptcy and I was just pointing out how hypocritical it is when your Orange Jesus has had 4-6 Bankruptcies himself.

Oh I forget it is ok for Trump to do it but when a lefty does it it’s a bad thing.

You’re making a false equivalence here. I never said it was ok or not ok for Trump to go bankrupt and I opposed Trump getting a bail out just like I opposed the banks and auto companies getting a bailout in ‘09. Businesses go bankrupt all the time and I take no joy or feel little sympathy for them.

When someone gets their husband to use his power as a US Senator to strong arm banks into extending loans to a not for profit university based on falsified donor commitments and that not for profit university goes bankrupt due to the debt burden they can’t service when those falsified donor commitments don’t materialize, it’s appropriate to then point out the hypocrisy of that senator’s supporters who claim he’s not corrupt and also bitch and moan about private sector CEOs getting golden parachutes.

So again, you’re wrong and there is no equivalence or inconsistency in my position.

Last edited:
Testing. Not treatment.

During his speech on a Wednesday he said both testing and treatment. Insurance companies have subsequently said testing only. So now the question is does anyone think Biden would get them to do both? Doubtful.

Personally, I think it’s crazy to expect insurance companies to waive deductibles for treatment. And all the Obamacare lovers are hypocrites - this is the deal he struck with Insurance companies that you’ve been defending and praising. You make the deal, you live by it.

Last edited:
S&P futures are up 5.5%. Does this mean the markets now think Trump’s speech wasn’t the worst ever? Must be tough to be a sound byte analyst/trader.

During his speech on a Wednesday he said both testing and treatment. Insurance companies have subsequently said testing only. So now the question is does anyone think Biden would get them to do both? Doubtful.

The election isn't until November. So no, that isn't the question I'm asking myself. The question I'm asking myself is 'How did we get to the point where the president spouts whatever bullshit comes to mind to get from one moment to the next but gets a pass from his cult like following every time?'

Trump flat out lies (or is inept, your choice) and you immediately pivot to Biden. It's a bad look.

Personally, I think it’s crazy to expect insurance companies to waive deductibles for treatment.

I agree. Asking a for profit industry to give away product is (ethics aside) not reasonable at all. Which is why the president should keep his fucking mouth shut when he doesn't know what he's talking about. Or actually consult with the people that do. You know, president stuff.

And all the Obamacare lovers are hypocrites - this is the deal he struck with Insurance companies that you’ve been defending and praising. You make the deal, you live by it.

Let me get this straight. So because I think Obamacare was a step in the right direction (no denials for pre existing conditions, expanded coverage) I can't be critical of other components? Why such an absolute with such a complex situation? I think you usually have well constructed takes on things, even if I don't always agree, but that's pretty weak.

Last edited:
S&P futures are up 5.5%. Does this mean the markets now think Trump?s speech wasn?t the worst ever? Must be tough to be a sound byte analyst/trader.

I learned long ago that if you want to mix politics and the stock market and talk shit that you better like the taste of crow. That's why I stay out of those arguments. Nobody ever comes out clean.

The election isn't until November. So no, that isn't the question I'm asking myself. The question I'm asking myself is 'How did we get to the point where the president spouts whatever bullshit comes to mind to get from one moment to the next but gets a pass from his cult like following every time?'

the timing of the election has little to do with the point I'm making. Biden is making hay based on Trump's handling of the crisis. If he's politicizing the issue, it makes sense to evaluate whether or not he'd handle it better or if he's just spouting "whatever bullshit comes to mind to get from one moment to the next" and boost his campaign, getting a "pass from his cult like following every time." Anyone who thinks his following aren't equally cult like, is out of their mind. And his cult controls the 90% of the media.

Trump flat out lies (or is inept, your choice) and you immediately pivot to Biden. It's a bad look.

How am I pivoting? I was responding directly to Mud's comment about Biden and his comments. We have a choice to make here and if Biden is going to criticize Trump's handling of this, it's legitimate to ask what he would have done differently or better, particularly when he's out there making claims that he would have. Is it inappropriate to point out the fact that Trump has been pushing to bring drug production back to the US because we're too dependent on China and other sources for it and was blasted by the opposition and the media who are now conveniently ignoring that exchange and telling the world it's Trump's fault that the US isn't better prepared for this? Is that a good look or a bad look?

I agree. Asking a for profit industry to give away product is (ethics aside) not reasonable at all. Which is why the president should keep his fucking mouth shut when he doesn't know what he's talking about. Or actually consult with the people that do. You know, president stuff.

Let me get this straight. So because I think Obamacare was a step in the right direction (no denials for pre existing conditions, expanded coverage) I can't be critical of other components? Why such an absolute with such a complex situation? I think you usually have well constructed takes on things, even if I don't always agree, but that's pretty weak.

You can criticize it all you want, that comment was mostly directed at people like Bob so apologies for any confusing pronouns used - hey, at least I didn't miss-gender you, right?! But if people are going to criticize Trump for this "massive" lie, they at least should be consistent and call bull shit on Biden when he tries to boost his campaign by telling you he would have done the exact same thing.

Personally, I don't care that Trump said Insurance companies would or even should cover all these costs because I don't think they should have to, and I have a high deductible shitty plan thanks to that abomination called Obamacare. This is the deal they struck, they have to live with it and people need to take the pain from it if for no other reason that if they don't they're never going to blame the right people for this crap and hold them accountable.

Last edited:
I learned long ago that if you want to mix politics and the stock market and talk shit that you better like the taste of crow. That's why I stay out of those arguments. Nobody ever comes out clean.

agreed. and for the record, I stand by everything I've said about the market so far. The misrepresentations of my position by idiot lawyers who post here don't hold up to any real scrutiny.

... I think you usually have well constructed takes on things...

b1c017b071625a0e206114b5362d40fb6a851ed450bad90bde99aba3cadd2fcf.jpg

Can someone explain exactly how is it Trump's fault? That's all we've been told but is there any evidence that his administration has altered the CDC's pandemic preparedness in any way? Was it a known issue that he ignored, did other POTUSes before him set something in place that he reversed, reduced or altered in a negative way?

According to Turd's piece the only actual difference here is Trump is President. Nobody freaked out about it during H1N1, pandemic preparedness never came up during a press conference over the last 3 years, no CDC officials leaked any information about their lack of preparedness, or anything the administration has done to impact it. Is everyone upset about the original messaging? Because that was right inline with what the WHO was urging - had he gone against that and prevented this whole thing, I still say these same people would be blasting him for a major, racist overreaction and trying to score political points that way.

I know the turds and thumbasses will read this and think I'm saying something I'm not, like this whole thing is no big deal. What I'm saying is, yes this is a problem but it seems to come down to a messaging gaffe which also isn't "no big deal" but it's also not the reason the market is moving up or down 500bps a day either. It seems like blaming Trump is mostly political posturing.

Last edited:
Back