Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Hockey Update 3/25/21

1-1 end of second period. Both teams had plenty of pp opportunities.

Poor defense coverage gives up the goal 2-2. Same old shit from mels team. Frustrating.

Same old shit. Dominate play . Just like that mels defense gives the game away.. Mel is just a average coach lost another game he should have won 3-2. How is this team ranked 9th ? Such defensive lapses. Just a awful lose. Especially after last night.

Lost same way michigan always does. Poor mental mistakes on defense.

Last edited:
Hockey hasn't done shit under mel since his first year.

27-24 is not a blow out. It is not a totally lopsided victory

9-0 is a blow out. it is a totally lopsided victory

I guess you don't see simple things.

Maybe the Spartan-nitz-troll is commenting on shots on goal? I did not review the stats.

Maybe the Spartan-nitz-troll is commenting on shots on goal? I did not review the stats.

Nay, he is trying to compare a 3 point victory in football to a 9-0 victory in hockey in a thread about hockey.

We could bring up hoops but let’s leave it be. It’s not funny anymore how mediocre Mel’s teams are every year since that first season run to the final four. .. At 6-6 unless they start sweeping teams they won’t make the Ncaa tournament again. That loss at Msu was a bad loss and exposes the issue with the club. Defensive lapses. All they had to do was lock down the game and they couldn’t. Getting swept by ND, and Minnesota at home was disgusting.

Remaining schedule. The team needs to go at least 11-5 or better or make it and winning at Minnesota at least once is important. Then win a few game in the Btt. We really need a winning streak badly.

Osu 4-2 win.
Osu
@ND
@ND
Psu
Psu
Msu
Wisconsin
Wisconsin
@osu
@osu
ASU
ASU
@minn
@minn
@ Msu

Pariwise rankings

https://www.uscho.com/rankings/pairwise-rankings/d-i-men/

Big ten has only 1 team in the ncaa right now.

#3 Minnesota
#23 Michigan
#26 Msu
#27 Psu
#28 Wisconsin
#37 ND
#38 Osu

Pair wise

Last edited:
# 9 Michigan who is 6-6 leads 4-7 Osu only 1-0 after 2 periods. Michigan has had plenty of chances to score. Just have a hard time getting it past the Osu goalie.

Sadly it’s 1-1 as Osu scores on what the radio announcers said was clearly offsides. They kept saying over and over it was going to be reversed. They were shocked it wasn’t. I don’t have the big ten plus package. Mel’s team struggle to score sometimes it seems then it scores 9 in one game lol.

Last edited:
After they tied it up Osu was pushing for the next goal and were out playing us for about 5 minutes but we got a turnover and score to make it 2-1. Then scored again ro make it 3-1.

Last edited:
Back