Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Hockey Update 3/25/21

Michigan wins 4-2 final. Improves to 7-6. 5-6 in Conference.

Michigan up 5-0 over OSU at 2nd intermission. Completely dominating the game. I know most don't give af but I'll take any win we can get, especially if it's an ass beating.

OSU should've invested more in their goalkeeper.

Michigan 5 Osu 0 Final.. Michigan finally gets a sweep . 8-6 , and 6-6 in conference. First shutout at home of Osu since 2002 according to the broadcast. A much needed sweep !

I love hockey. I miss the fans. Even watching a game played at Yost made the games more intense.

I know most people don't care about hockey but it's really my 2nd favorite Michigan sport behind football. I grew up in Oxford, OH (location of Miami, OH) during the CCHA days and loved Michigan hockey because it was the one sport that was ever close to home.

One of my favorite memories watching sports was seeing Brendan Morrison put a rebound past a Colorado College goalie in OT to win the national championship. Marty Turco was the goaltender. My sister (a Miami student at the time) surprised me by taking me to the game. The tournament was hosted by Miami but played in Cincinnati to account for the attendance.

Earlier that season I was fortunate enough to just happen to sit next to someone affiliated with the Michigan hockey program at Goggin (Miami's home arena) when I was 7 or 8 years old. I don't recall his name and I don't remember what role he held (something to do with the radio I think). I was wearing my Michigan Starter jacket. He told my sister that he worked with the Michigan hockey program and a week later I got a package in the mail that contained a Michigan hockey program and a puck autographed by Red. I've loved the sport and Michigan hockey ever since.

Last edited:
I love hockey. I miss the fans. Even watching a game played at Yost made the games more intense.

I know most people don't care about hockey but it's really my 2nd favorite Michigan sport behind football. I grew up in Oxford, OH (location of Miami, OH) during the CCHA days and loved Michigan hockey because it was the one sport that was ever close to home.

One of my favorite memories watching sports was seeing Brendan Morrison put a rebound past a Colorado College goalie in OT to win the national championship. Marty Turco was the goaltender. My sister (a Miami student at the time) surprised me by taking me to the game. The tournament was hosted by Miami but played in Cincinnati to account for the attendance.

Earlier that season I was fortunate enough to just happen to sit next to someone affiliated with the Michigan hockey program at Goggin (Miami's home arena) when I was 7 or 8 years old. I don't recall his name and I don't remember what role he held (something to do with the radio I think). I was wearing my Michigan Starter jacket. He told my sister that he worked with the Michigan hockey program and a week later I got a package in the mail that contained a Michigan hockey program and a puck autographed by Red. I've loved the sport and Michigan hockey ever since.

Hell yeah B ! Love Michigan hockey ! I hope Mel can get us back to the final four, and soon.

#8 Michigan has won 5 of 6 games including four in row with against Osu and #16 ND. ND was in the road to make up for when they took two in Ann Arbor. Michigan improves to 10-6 overall, and 8-6 in conference.

Team plays Wisconsin 2pm today ok Btn, and Sunday Btn plus.

Michigan had an outstanding 2nd period, up on Wiscy 4-1 now with just over 5 min in the 3rd period. I guess they shook off the rust of the 2+ week layoff.

Michigan 5 Wisconsin 1 Final. After is bashed Mel his team has ripped off five in a row and are 11-6 overall and 9-6 in conference.

Oh, for the love of Mike - here is the schedule going forward for the next about a month.

I know I could've looked it up. I'm just trying to spark conversation for the thread

Bob likes that stuff

I asked Bob, not you

LoL

Last edited:
Back