Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Hockey Update 3/25/21

BTT schedule

2021 Big Ten Hockey Tournament Schedule

Quarterfinals - Sunday, March 14

12 p.m. ET: No. 4 Notre Dame vs. No. 5 Penn State

4 p.m. ET: No. 2 Minnesota vs. No. 7 Michigan State

8:30 p.m. ET: No. 3 Michigan vs. No. 6 Ohio State

Semifinals - Monday, March 15

4:30 p.m. ET: No. 1 Wisconsin vs. No. 4 Notre Dame/No. 5 Penn State

8:30 p.m. ET: Semifinal #2

Championship Game

Tuesday, March 16 - 8 p.m. ET

Quarterfinals

#5 Psu 6 #4 Norte Dame 3 Final.
#2 Minnesota 2 #7 Msu 1 Final ot.
#3 Michigan 4 Osu 0 Final.

Last edited:
Michigan up 3-0 with 10 minutes left gets a 5 minute major penalty Morgan for Michigan pulled a Osu facemask and gets kicked out.

Michigan kills the five minute major and just as it was killed our guy came out and hit a empty net goal to make it 4-0. So perfect after killing that major.

Last edited:
BTT Semi-Finals Monday.

Games on BTN

#1 Wisconsin vs. #5 Penn State...4:30 PM
Wisconsin won 4-3 in ot.

#3 Michigan vs. #2 Minnesota.....8:30 Pm
Minnesota 3 Michigan 2 ot

Last edited:
Quarterfinals

#5 Psu 6 #4 Norte Dame 3 Final.
#2 Minnesota 2 #7 Msu 1 Final ot.
#3 Michigan 4 Osu 0 Final.

Mel really had his guys playing well last night

Good to get a win against Ohio State

Last edited:
Michigan up 3-0 with 10 minutes left gets a 5 minute major penalty Morgan for Michigan pulled a Osu facemask and gets kicked out.

Michigan kills the five minute major and just as it was killed our guy came out and hit a empty net goal to make it 4-0. So perfect after killing that major.

Great game, most of the second period was played in the Ohio State end and for most of the game Michigan had twice as many shots on goal as OSU. I was worried when that 5 min major was called (stupid mistake), especially when OSU brought out the 6th player. I laughed when Michigan killed it off the major and scored the empty net goal. It was like a slap in OSU's face. Minnesota had to go to overtime to finish off Sparty, so hopefully they are heading downward on the momentum side and Michigan is on the upside for the game tonight. GO BLUE!

Michigan was up 2-0 after two but gave up a early third period goal. 2-1 with 11 plus left.

Minnesota is all over us last five minutes. But this penalty call was bullshit. They were not calling that all fucking game. It was good defense in my opinion.

Last edited:
Michigan had a breakaway after killing the PP and couldn’t hit the net :/

Other then the breakaway which the player missed the net we were playing not to win in the third. Sitting back and trying not to make any mistakes. Frustrating. Kind of like how Mel’s team play.

Just like that a unlucky goal beats our goalie 2-2 four left. I take that back even if it was tipped it should been saved. Bad goal in my opinion he saw it all the way I think. Gotta make that save.

Last edited:
When you play to lose you end up losing. That’s what I saw in the third and ot. awful period and a bit of hockey. I just unsure about Mel... He just can’t get it done. Ranked in top 10 and they won’t make the ncaa. Also right after we killed the penalty down 2-1 we had a breakaway that probably ices the game if we score and the player can’t even hit the net. So frustrating Michigan teams coming up short.

Last edited:
Mel really had his guys playing well last night

Good to get a win against Ohio State

Osu is 7-18-1
We should crush them.
Sadly his team is ranked but the way I see they probably won?t make the ncaa and yet another year like football Michigan can?t win a big ten regular season or btt championship. At least unlike football they have a winning record but 15-10-1 is not good enough with this Talent.

When you play to lose you end up losing. That?s what I saw in the third and ot. awful period and a bit of hockey. I just unsure about Mel... He just can?t get it done. Ranked in top 10 and they won?t make the ncaa. Also right after we killed the penalty down 2-1 we had a breakaway that probably ices the game if we score and the player can?t even hit the net. So frustrating Michigan teams coming up short.

Yep, agree. Minnesota seemed to be playing furious hockey in the 3rd period. Kept the pressure on and it paid off for them. Michigan could not match the intensity. And Minnesota played OT yesterday and again today, so you would think they would be tired. They are fast on the ice! Seemed like they were beating Michigan to the puck almost every time, or pretty close to it. Well, disappointing, but it appeared the better team won. Good luck to them in the final.

Michigan had a breakaway after killing the PP and couldn?t hit the net :/

Other then the breakaway which the player missed the net we were playing not to win in the third. Sitting back and trying not to make any mistakes. Frustrating. Kind of like how Mel?s team play.

Just like that a unlucky goal beats our goalie 2-2 four left. I take that back even if it was tipped it should been saved. Bad goal in my opinion he saw it all the way I think. Gotta make that save.

Summers committed a cardinal sin of defense: Never put your stick on the ice to block a shot.

So I was watching the Red Wings beat Carolina and Ken Dainels was talking about college players and mentioned Michigan’s players and said Michigan after losing to Minnesota in ot last night are still a lock for the ncaa.

So I guess I am unsure if we will make it or not. I thought only the to 16 get in and we are #17 on the pairwise rankings. Does anyone know anything I am missing ?
thanks

Back