Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Hockey Update 3/25/21

Team picked up where they left off. Portillo was in goal for the game. Seemed like he likes to come out of the net to handle the puck. Made me nervous.

So, the women's basketball team got the win first game back, and the hockey team too. Now let's see if the men's basketball team can shake off the rust and beat wiscy today.

Last edited:
Shoot

Michigan lost 3-2 and get a series split. Five game winning streak comes to a end
Now 11-7 and 6-5 in conference.

Game was tied 2-2 heading to the third period.

Last edited:
I know I could've looked it up. I'm just trying to spark conversation for the thread

Bob likes that stuff

I asked Bob, not you

LoL

BIG TEN

@ OHIO STATE
@ Ohio state
ASU
ASU
@ MINNESOTA
@ MINNESOTA
@ MICHIGAN STATE

Team missed three games that were postponed sadly all home games. Not sure what is happening with those games and I have zero clue why Michigan would play ASU 4
Times .

Psu
Psu
Msu

Last edited:
Big ten standings

39 pts Minnesota 13-5-0 (17-5-0)
37 pts Wisconsin 16-6-0 (14-8-0)
27 pts. ND...........8-9-1(10-11-1)
26 pts Michigan....9-7-0 (11-7-0)
20 pts psu..........7-9-0 (9-9-0)
16 pts osu.........5-13-0 (5-14-1)
15 pts Msu........5-10-1 (7-11-2)

Michigan’s remaining schedule

@ OHIO STATE
@ Ohio state
ASU
ASU
@ MINNESOTA
@ MINNESOTA
@ MICHIGAN STATE

Last edited:
Pari-wise rankings

Outside looking in. #18 and 7th ranked Michigan needs and 5-2 or better finish and one of those wins has to be at Minnesota because the other schools are below Michigan in the rankings. I think .. Or win the btt.

https://www.collegehockeynews.com/ratings/pairwise

Last edited:
Team just can’t win when it needs to. Lost tonight 3-2 to a very poor Ohio state team. I didn’t see it and I am glad because I would been pissed. Team is now 11-8 and 9-8 in conference. Need to win Saturday for the weekend split. Freaking Mel so far other then Season one has been a real disappointment as coach.

Last edited:
Michigan beat OSU 6-0 in hockey yesterday (2/20/2021)

Where's the update, Bob?

Michigan beat OSU 6-0 in hockey yesterday (2/20/2021)

Where's the update, Bob?

Omg
I text it to my friend and thought I put it on the board.

My mind is going.

Still pissed they lost Friday. Osu was something like 5-13.
Should not be losing to them.

Thanks for the help

12-8 and 10-8 in conference.

Last edited:
#7 Michigan 4 ASU 1 Final

Michigan is 13-8 and 10-8 in conference.

#7 Michigan 4 ASU 1 Final

Michigan is 13-8 and 10-8 in conference.

When is the B1G going to finally let go of its bigotry and just allow Arizona State to join the conference for hockey?

It?s like Notre Dame football all over again.

Mel in my opinion just does not get the most out of his roster. 13-8-1 is just not good enough. Michigan may be ranked #7 but the pariwise ranking is #18 which would not get them a bid. Team really need to win at Minnesota next week.

Last edited:
Its better than Northern Michigan 8-15-1, I'm sad. 1990-91 baby. Too bad I wasn't there any more.

TV for this weekend vs Minnesota

Friday 8 Eastern on FSD

Saturday 5 Eastern on BTN

#7 Michigan wins tonight 5-2 at #3 Minnesota. Improving to 14-8-1 (11-8-0) in conference.

Mel had them playing well last night. Mel was an awesome coach last night...

Not tonight sadly. Going to need some wins in the btt. Frustrating this team is ranked so high
But will now have 9 losses :/

Minnesota 4 Michigan 2 Final

Michigan is 14-9-1 overall.
Michigan ends 11-9 in conference.

Last edited:
BTT single elimination tournament starts Sunday.

14-9-1 Michigan plays 7-18-1 OSU at neutral site in South Bend. l

Back