Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Michigan Suspends Juwan Remainder of Regular Season

thewolverines24

From Dan Wetzel: Michigan will suspend men?s basketball coach Juwan Howard for the rest of the regular season, a source tells Yahoo Sports.

Not sure if there will be more from the conference.

Conference may suspend him from the post season too.

They can't and they aren't. They could only go 2 games max. It's 5 games and he's back for the BTT.

Gard fined 10k. The Wisconsin assistant who tackled Williams gets nothing. Krabbenhoft who pushed Faulds and Williams gets nothing.

Moussa, Williams, and Neath suspended one game for throwing punches.

Last edited:
Statement from Juwan

"After taking time to reflect on all that happened, I realize how unacceptable both my actions and words were, and how they affected so many. I am truly sorry."

"I am offering my sincerest apology to my players and their families, my staff, my family and the Michigan fans around the world. I would like to personally apologize to Wisconsin's Assistant Coach Joe Krabbenhoft and his family, too."

"Lastly, I speak a lot about being a Michigan man and representing the University of Michigan with class and pride, I did not do that, nor did I set the right example in the right way for my student-athletes. I will learn from my mistake and this mistake will never happen again. No excuses!"

Five games is probably the right amount. He could have been fired.

Shocked assistant coach for Wisconsin was left off the hook.

I wish I could say I was. They've been getting away with being the dirtiest team in the B1G forever. Why should they all of a sudden have to face any punishment?

Whoever takes over needs to look John?s jr in the damn Eye and tell him it?s time for him to step up.

Five games is probably the right amount. He could have been fired.

Mark Few got 1 regular season game for a DUI where he continuously refused to comply with the officers. In reality, Juwan got a severe punishment.

Don't listen to the sanctimonious ass clowns who act like they've never made a mistake and Juwan committed a crime against humanity that warranted immediate termination.

Mark Few got 1 regular season game for a DUI where he continuously refused to comply with the officers. In reality, Juwan got a severe punishment.

Don't listen to the sanctimonious ass clowns who act like they've never made a mistake and Juwan committed a crime against humanity that warranted immediate termination.

I don't think of myself as an assclown but Howard's fortunately. A firing was not out of the realm of possibility.

Should have been clear I meant the media as the ass clowns. My bad there.

Okay thanks. Still not sure my feelings on this. Head coaches need not be punching guys. I'm am curious what the other coach was saying to him before they got into it. Maybe one of those words you don't say.

What about the incident at Maryland. Howard needs to keep his cool. Maybe the less than stellar season is getting to him.

I was under the impression that one of the Wisconsin assistant coaches was pushing a few Michigan players. Isn?t that why Howard threw a slap ?

The reason Howard gave in his post game was that someone touched him and he felt threatened. I think if he'd have used the excuse you just gave he'd have garnered more sympathy.

Okay thanks. Still not sure my feelings on this. Head coaches need not be punching guys. I'm am curious what the other coach was saying to him before they got into it. Maybe one of those words you don't say.

I don't know what video you watched, but no head coach threw a punch.

Back