Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Might As Well Start Looking Forward to 2022 Now

Then you need to watch more. I'd take Walker of either of them. Not just because he's an MSU guy.....but because he's very much a Dalvin Cook clone.

Compact, quick, fast, tough. Can make you miss or run you over. Cook a much more polished pass catcher.....but Walker very similar skill set.

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/...ker-in-the-running-for-rb1-in-2022-nfl-draft/

Doesn't mean he will be a high 1st rounder....but I'd say if he stays injury free for the next 4+ games he will be taken 20-32. He'll likely run in the 4.4 range at the combine and show good explosiveness.

That's saying a lot.

Taylor had 1169 rushing yards in 15 games as a rookie, 5.0 YPC, 11 TDs, 36 catches for another 300 yards.

This year he is currently the #2 rusher in the NFL. In 8 games he has 650 yards, and another 265 receiving. In his short career he has averaged 5.2 YPC.

In college, 1977 yards as a freshman, 2194 as a sophomore, 2003 as a Sr.

Jonathan Taylor...he's no Kenneth Walker iii :lmao:

Are you sure you aren't looking at Walker through your green tinted glasses?

So most of the backs were taken with the top 3 rounds. Am I missing something or have the lions not really taken a first round back in a while? Who was it Jahvid Best? That was a long time ago now. 11 years ago lol.

Take one in the 2nd every few years.
LeShoure 2011, Abdullah 2015, Kerryon 2018 and Swift 2020

Tried FA with Bush 2013 at 4 per deal backloaded and UDFA with Joique Bell. Some success there one or two years

Best wasn't their true 1st rounder either, they traded up swapping 4th rounders (giving Vikings Everson Griffen for years and us Jason Fox lol)

Last edited:
That's saying a lot.

Taylor had 1169 rushing yards in 15 games as a rookie, 5.0 YPC, 11 TDs, 36 catches for another 300 yards.

This year he is currently the #2 rusher in the NFL. In 8 games he has 650 yards, and another 265 receiving. In his short career he has averaged 5.2 YPC.

I see what I see. Not sure what his college numbers mean to this discussion.

If we took Walker with the Rams pick...it would solidify that Holmes is a piece of shit.

Thats coming from a guy who loves Walker....and i definitely see him as a potential late first round guy. But the lions have SOOOOO many holes and RB is not one of them.

If we took Walker with the Rams pick...it would solidify that Holmes is a piece of shit.

Thats coming from a guy who loves Walker....and i definitely see him as a potential late first round guy. But the lions have SOOOOO many holes and RB is not one of them.

At the time of my comment, there was talk about which players Lions have who would provide some worthwhile draft capital in return.

I am not arguing that Swift is a really solid and legit RB. I was merely saying that IF the Lions were to trade him, they need to go hard after Walker in the Draft to replace him. It was a simple IF / THEN scenario.

Losing Swift would create a pretty big hole at RB. Sure, they can continue their recent RB by committee, but having Swift has shown how much better it is to have a RB who is able to play every down and produce, including the passing game. Walker is the only RB likely coming out next year who could be considered a potential upgrade had the Lions traded Swift.

Since the trade did not happen, then I agree they should not go RB. Well, provided Swift stays healthy. If he goes down with a really bad injury, all bets are off.

That's saying a lot.

This year he is currently the #2 rusher in the NFL. In 9 games he has 821 yards, and another 293 receiving. In his short career he has averaged 5.3 YPC.

What a timely game for my boy Taylor. 19 rushes, 172 yards, 2 TDs last night.

But he's no Kenneth Walker ;)

Watched probably half of the game yesterday and bits of other Colts games, Taylor looks fantastic. I think he?s already top five, a tier below the King.

Quinn passed on Taylor (pick 41) in 2020 for Swift too (pick 35). Just to tie this all together. Although Oline and durability has alot to do with the rush yardage difference too

Quinn passed on Taylor (pick 41) in 2020 for Swift too (pick 35). Just to tie this all together. Although Oline and durability has alot to do with the rush yardage difference too

We all knew Quinn was an idiot....

He definitely looks better in the short term. Too early to judge for career though. Usage in college can definitely factor in eventually.

Taylor had fumble issues I thought too. But anyway, looks rough even with Swift pass catching

Back