Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Next GM and Head Coach

1. We know people don?t land jobs because they interview well. The interview is the most overrated part of the hiring process. Did Patricia land the job because he ?interviewed? well? How about Campbell, he was basically hired before his in person interview.

2. Working under a Super Bowl winning coach and w Mahomes is a positive thing, not a negative.

i can see it being really easy to fail at a HC interview. ie not having the plan they want to hear, not having a plan for staff, generally being unprepared on how to work with front office. I can imagine alot of things can go wrong...

We'll just find a new Patrick Maholmes- Bienemy interviewing

1. We know people don?t land jobs because they interview well. The interview is the most overrated part of the hiring process. Did Patricia land the job because he ?interviewed? well? How about Campbell, he was basically hired before his in person interview.

2. Working under a Super Bowl winning coach and w Mahomes is a positive thing, not a negative.

What? You don't think they ask questions? Offensive Philosophy? Defensive Philosophy? Who is your staff? What is your vision of our current roster? How did you work with the current GM you're under? Draft philosophy? FA philosophy?

Overrated? lol. OK.

Working under a coach who is widely considered one of the top offensive minds and actually calls the plays that are run for their once in a generational talent QB can be seen both ways. My questions would be......what did you do for the offense that Reid and Mahomes did not? Maybe Bienemy doesn't have a good answer for that.

I just hope they have one guy, Holmes - who decides on trades, free agents and draft picks.

I am afraid Holmes is going to be run over by Wood and Dorsey. I loved what Dorsey has done in the past. I don't know anything good that Wood has done for the Lions.

I would love to see a heavy influence draft/free agency from Holmes and Dorsey. I think our quality of picks will be much better in the latter rounds. But if they draft a long snapper, I'm immediately of their bandwagon.

Detroit Lions add veteran coach Dom Capers; pieces lining up for 3-4 defense

Report: 49ers to hire former Lions defensive coordinator Cory Undlin

What? You don't think they ask questions? Offensive Philosophy? Defensive Philosophy? Who is your staff? What is your vision of our current roster? How did you work with the current GM you're under? Draft philosophy? FA philosophy?

Overrated? lol. OK.

Working under a coach who is widely considered one of the top offensive minds and actually calls the plays that are run for their once in a generational talent QB can be seen both ways. My questions would be......what did you do for the offense that Reid and Mahomes did not? Maybe Bienemy doesn't have a good answer for that.

Watch 30 seconds of the Dan Campbell or Nick Sirianni presser and honestly ask yourself, how those guys interviewed. Also keep in mind, Dan Campbell was basically hired before the in person interview. Don?t fool yourself that these coaches get hired based off interviews.

Watch 30 seconds of the Dan Campbell or Nick Sirianni presser and honestly ask yourself, how those guys interviewed. Also keep in mind, Dan Campbell was basically hired before the in person interview. Don?t fool yourself that these coaches get hired based off interviews.

He had an interview who cares if its not face to face.

My point exactly, they don?t care! The interview doesn?t mean shit when hiring a coach.

That's not what I meant. All the stuff 'lovejoy mentions they can discuss all that with a virtual interview.

That's not what I meant. All the stuff 'lovejoy mentions they can discuss all that with a virtual interview.

You honestly believe Dan Campbell was the best interview during the process? Did you listen to his bonehead presser that will be talked about 20yrs from now?

I want Campbell to work out but no part of me thinks these coaches get hired because of how they interview. It may be an excuse not to hire somebody but it?s not the reason why coaches get hired.

You honestly believe Dan Campbell was the best interview during the process? Did you listen to his bonehead presser that will be talked about 20yrs from now?

I want Campbell to work out but no part of me thinks these coaches get hired because of how they interview. It may be an excuse not to hire somebody but it?s not the reason why coaches get hired.

So pressers are 100% interview now. They're unrelated.

Spielman was interviewing...it was meat head to meat head.

"Both Hines Ward and Antwaan Randle El are being considering for wideout coach in Detroit under Dan Campbell."
Hell, it's starting to look like our coaching staff be able to beat our starters.

Spielman was interviewing...it was meat head to meat head.

Todd Bowels came out and said we canceled the interview w him before he even had the opportunity. We knew who we wanted to hire and the interview process meant nothing. If it did, Bowles would?ve had a fair shot.

Todd Bowels came out and said we canceled the interview w him before he even had the opportunity. We knew who we wanted to hire and the interview process meant nothing. If it did, Bowles would?ve had a fair shot.

Campbell had his 1st interview, not face to face, before Bowens interview was canceled.

I was trying to think of crazy interview coaches who were successful and Harbaugh can have some crazy sound bites like
That. Granted he?s not very good anymore and has lost his touch. But I remember all kinds of things he would say like that lol.

Back