Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Niners Mortgage the Future Move to #3

detroit1811

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
?
9m
Filed to ESPN: Dolphins trading No. 3 overall pick to the San Francisco 49ers for the No. 12 pick, a 2021 third-round pick (SF?s comp pick for Robert Saleh hiring) and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, per sources.

Blockbuster deal with massive ramifications for years to come.

There goes our trade down opportunities.

Adam Schefter
@AdamSchefter
?
9m
Filed to ESPN: Dolphins trading No. 3 overall pick to the San Francisco 49ers for the No. 12 pick, a 2021 third-round pick (SF?s comp pick for Robert Saleh hiring) and first-round picks in 2022 and 2023, per sources.

Blockbuster deal with massive ramifications for years to come.

There goes our trade down opportunities.

Does this mean that SF will be content with whomever they pick at #3? Wilson or Fields?

Does this mean that SF will be content with whomever they pick at #3? Wilson or Fields?

for their sake...it better.

From what I read, they are going to keep Jimmy G as well. Probably let whoever they draft learn for a year (or until JG gets hurt)

Isn't that the pick detroit wouldve had if not for that Gurley td?

That is not something you should be bringing up that just pisses me off. We could be looking at three first round picks in 2022 and 2023 and still be sitting at 12 where we could probably still land Waddle/Parsons/Smith.

Miami moved back up to #6...right in front of Detroit. Will likely take a WR???

My guess is they know for sure that it will go QB, QB, QB and have three guys they would take no matter the outcomes at #4, and #5. My guess is Chase/Pitts/Sewell. They basically got an extra first to take a guy they would have taken anyway.

My guess is they know for sure that it will go QB, QB, QB and have three guys they would take no matter the outcomes at #4, and #5. My guess is Chase/Pitts/Sewell. They basically got an extra first to take a guy they would have taken anyway.

kind of like what the Lions could have done last year if they had a competent GM.

But wait, I was told the Lions just couldn’t get an offer to move down from #3 last year. Quinn is going to go down every bit as bad as Matt Millen.

If someone loves Lance, could still trade down if they think Panthers would take him

If somebody likes Lance, they will have to move into the 4 or 5 spot.

i think the 49ers like Lance. this move happens right after the Trey Lance pro day? Fields pro day isnt until 3/30.

If thats the case does ATL take Fields or do they trade down and collect picks from a team whos looking to overpay for one of the top 4 QBs?

This is all assuming the Jets take Wilson at 2....

Eagles got a nice haul to move down 6 spots to 12.

i think the 49ers like Lance. this move happens right after the Trey Lance pro day? Fields pro day isnt until 3/30.

If thats the case does ATL take Fields or do they trade down and collect picks from a team whos looking to overpay for one of the top 4 QBs?

This is all assuming the Jets take Wilson at 2....

Eagles got a nice haul to move down 6 spots to 12.

maybe. I think they probably have enough game tape on Fields to determine if they like him or not.

I guess if it is Lance then Fields is the one that goes 4 or 5.

I think it also solidifies the Eagles are rolling with Hurts. Surprised they didnt stay at 6 and take a weapon for him. They dropped Alshon and Djax this offseason...they have zero on offense right now.

Could give lions trade up options with Atlanta or cincy to get their guy. Hopefully it doesn?t cost too much to move a little bit up.

I think it also solidifies the Eagles are rolling with Hurts. Surprised they didnt stay at 6 and take a weapon for him. They dropped Alshon and Djax this offseason...they have zero on offense right now.

one of the top 3 wrs will probably still be there at 12

Remember that you don't need an 8' wr to catch Matt's throws anymore. Goff would probably be better with a smaller quicker wr. Quick pops

Ya they should measure all the WRs comming out in the 6.5 yard dash....thats the furthest Goff throws it.

one of the top 3 wrs will probably still be there at 12

Going to be close...

If the Jets dont go QB i think they go WR (probably a big if)
CIN projected to go WR or OT or Pitts
I think MIA takes one at 6
We take one at 7
Carolina is probably in panic mode trying to figure out how they are going to land one of the top 4 QBs...although i know they love Mac Jones.
DEN, DAL and NYG are probably a no.

Most likely Pitts and 2 WRs off the board once the Eagles are on the clock.

Back