Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Niners Mortgage the Future Move to #3

Detroit Lions chances of getting a GREAT qb that leads a team to the super bowl regardless of the talent around him = 0%

So you might as well start game planning for a different strategy.

Detroit Lions chances of getting a GREAT qb that leads a team to the super bowl regardless of the talent around him = 0%

So you might as well start game planning for a different strategy.

Not even Maholmes could do that or Rodgers. Both of them have support and plenty of talent around them

Agree Detroit needs to build a team over the next 2-3 years. More than just pick 7. Solid FA so far but need to hit on most draft picks and find some game changers. Lions have talent but still no game changes. Could get one at pick 7 at WR. Not sure Parsons is a game changer. Sewell is really good but wouldn't say game changer either.

Preface it with 'the Lions'. But you just listed hall of fame players. The fact is we're not drafting them. Those guys were game changers (year one), Okudah isn't.

Your quote was saying not to draft a CB in Top 10, I was merely pointing out it depends on who the CB is.

Buzz on Okudah was he would be a shutdown corner from the start. Lions of course did not see it materialize last year. Maybe he is a bust, or maybe it was the coaches. We will learn more soon enough.

Your quote was saying not to draft a CB in Top 10, I was merely pointing out it depends on who the CB is.

Buzz on Okudah was he would be a shutdown corner from the start. Lions of course did not see it materialize last year. Maybe he is a bust, or maybe it was the coaches. We will learn more soon enough.

Its still rare which is the point. It's like the TE position.

Rare but happens.

CB probably not this year. Pitts for sure will be top 10 but he seems more WR to me

And he's a talent but we have had our share of TE's. WE need LB's. And an Edge. I'm tired of teams throwing 10-12 yard passes to wide open players.

And he's a talent but we have had our share of TE's. WE need LB's. And an Edge. I'm tired of teams throwing 10-12 yard passes to wide open players.

You can find a good lb on day 2. Not quinn but other gms can

There is always a Luck Factor that applies.

Lions would have failed with Tom Brady because with their luck the QB who was the starter would not have gotten hurt and Brady would have ridden the bench for years.

Think about how upset Patriot fans were when Bledsoe was injured. None were confident in Brady at that time. It required that lucky misfortune for Brady to become Brady. There were other factors for sure, but that type of apparent misfortune that becomes insanely good luck...well, the Lions are yet to experience anything close to that.

There is always a Luck Factor that applies.

Lions would have failed with Tom Brady because with their luck the QB who was the starter would not have gotten hurt and Brady would have ridden the bench for years.

Think about how upset Patriot fans were when Bledsoe was injured. None were confident in Brady at that time. It required that lucky misfortune for Brady to become Brady. There were other factors for sure, but that type of apparent misfortune that becomes insanely good luck...well, the Lions are yet to experience anything close to that.

I agree. Outside of Lawrence, I think the success of the rest of the QBs drafted depends on which team takes them. I think that the QB that is taken by the Jets will fail. I think the QB taken by the 49ers will have success because of the coaching.

Back