Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Niners Mortgage the Future Move to #3

If we go WR I don't want the little guy.

Technically waddle is the little guy, he?s heavier than Devonta Smith but he?s only 5?11. I?m not interested in Waddle at all. I don?t understand why Devonta Smith gets as much hate as he does but I?d be fine with him, chase, or pitts.

I was reported Eagles tried moving to #3, but wanted Zach Wilson. They backed out presumably because they found out the Jets are taking Wilson. Also Chris Simms who apparently is very close with Kyle Shanahan says he wants Mac Jones at #3. I personally don?t see it, but if they do that would still leave Fields and Lance on the board.

If we stand pat at #7 I really think one of Chase/Sewell/Pitts will be a Lions depending who slips through the cracks. Not saying I want Pitts, just my gut feeling what they will do.

If one of Lance or Fields slips to us along with one of the aforementioned players above I would hope that could drum up considerable interest in the pick. If we didn’t drop below 15 I think one of the top 3 WRs or Parsons would still be there.

I was reported Eagles tried moving to #3, but wanted Zach Wilson. They backed out presumably because they found out the Jets are taking Wilson. Also Chris Simms who apparently is very close with Kyle Shanahan says he wants Mac Jones at #3. I personally don?t see it, but if they do that would still leave Fields and Lance on the board.

If we stand pat at #7 I really think one of Chase/Sewell/Pitts will be a Lions depending who slips through the cracks. Not saying I want Pitts, just my gut feeling what they will do.

you never know...maybe they do like Jones. I was just watching an interview with Steve Young and he was saying one of the reasons that Kyle Shanahan doesn't like Jimmy G is his lack of mobility. Young seems to think it will be Fields or Lance because of their mobility.

Fields has bust written all over him.

I'll take my chances on a top prospect QB if he falls over mortgaging the future in 1-2 years. We whiffed last year and can't afford to whiff again.

I'll take my chances on a top prospect QB if he falls over mortgaging the future in 1-2 years. We whiffed last year and can't afford to whiff again.

OSU QB's always fail. As bad as the Lions always fail. Wait until next season, with Goff here for at least two years it's not imperative right now. Or Draft Mac.

OSU QB's always fail. As bad as the Lions always fail. Wait until next season, with Goff here for at least two years it's not imperative right now. Or Draft Mac.

well, he was originally a UGA QB but transferred.

Joe Burrow was an OSU QB for 3 years before he transferred.

If a team doesn't draft a player because guys before him failed...well, that probably isn't very smart.

As far as Fields...who knows. There are 5 QBs that will likely go in the first round this year. 2 or 3 of them will probably "fail"

well, he was originally a UGA QB but transferred.

Joe Burrow was an OSU QB for 3 years before he transferred.

If a team doesn't draft a player because guys before him failed...well, that probably isn't very smart.

As far as Fields...who knows. There are 5 QBs that will likely go in the first round this year. 2 or 3 of them will probably "fail"

Maybe it's when they finish as a Buckeye. Something about it. And maybe 0 in history is telling. You know like why the Lions never do anything?

Last edited:
Very impressive. If Fields is off the board, I'm wanting Parson.

Campbell: "How do we build this core foundation of guys that we know are our guys, and in four years we?re going to be paying to stay with us? Paying these guys because they?re the core foundation. ... You build this thing properly and more are drawn to stay."

Then he goes on to mention Urlacher, keuchly and Briggs. Ummm... either he's being very blunt about who he's targeting or this is a smoke screen.

I think qbs go top 4 now. Atl moves down to 9 and trades with denver instead of carolina since they are in their own division. That leaves cin and mia. Cinci desperately needs a tackle...or they could go chase. Miami I think goes Pitts since they just picked up Fuller. That would leave us with a choice between chase or parsons. It's our best case scenerio... but I think it's pretty likely to happen.

i think the 49ers like Lance. this move happens right after the Trey Lance pro day? Fields pro day isnt until 3/30.

If thats the case does ATL take Fields or do they trade down and collect picks from a team whos looking to overpay for one of the top 4 QBs?

This is all assuming the Jets take Wilson at 2....

Eagles got a nice haul to move down 6 spots to 12.

now I'm hearing that the 49ers might be in on Mac Jones.

now I'm hearing that the 49ers might be in on Mac Jones.

I saw that rumor...imagine if that causes cinci to move down or mia to move down again for teams that want fields/lance and 5 qbs go off the board before our pick at 7! It also keeps our trade down at 7 in play if a Fields/Lance are still on the board.

Good thing they got Goff and are not needing to trade up. Glad they got a starting QB plus additional picks instead of losing picks to move up for a QB.

Good thing they got Goff and are not needing to trade up. Glad they got a starting QB plus additional picks instead of losing picks to move up for a QB.

too bad they won that ATL game...they could have had that same haul that the Miami got.

too bad they won that ATL game...they could have had that same haul that the Miami got.

We ended up w a top 10 pick. It does t matter where it is, we just need to hit on it.

If we had a top 3 pick again, we would?ve been fools for trading it and passing up another top rated QB on a rookie contract for the next 4-5 years.

Back