Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Official Day 3 Draft Thread

HOLY SHIT! I just saw that Ifo ekpre-olomu has an insurance policy that just paid him 3 million dollars because he didn't get drafted in the first 3 rounds. WOW.

yup, heard that from trey wingo yesterday. id retire and save my brain lol.

HOLY SHIT! I just saw that Ifo ekpre-olomu has an insurance policy that just paid him 3 million dollars because he didn't get drafted in the first 3 rounds. WOW.

ESPN mentioned it on their coverage earlier today but they also said there have been issues with players actually getting the payment.

wow...

A $3 million insurance policy protecting Ekpre-Olomu, a former Oregon Ducks cornerback, from slipping in the draft triggered when the last compensatory pick of the third round -- the Cincinnati Bengals choice of TCU linebacker Paul Dawson -- was made with Ekpre-Olomu's name yet to be called.

According to ESPN.com, the insurance company, International Specialty Insurance, projected Ekpre-Olomu as the No. 12 overall pick of the first round at the time the policy was signed. Subsequently, Ekpre-Olomu's senior year ended when he tore knee ligaments during the Ducks' preparations for the postseason. According to the report, Ekpre-Olomu's policy was already triggered to pay a partial claim when he fell out of the first round, and now will pay out the full amount.

Under an NCAA provision that allows colleges to pay insurance premiums for loss-of-value insurance, Oregon covered the premium of about $40,000 for Ekpre-Olomu, according to the report.

our pick is 5 away. This should be the pick...

42c1e402a49b11e299af22000a9e29bc_7.jpg

Oops. Wrong pic. :hehe:

Should be her boyfriend, Ifo Ekpre-Olomu.

Cleveland and Pitt to go. I have a feeling Pitt's going to steal our girl - I mean guy.

I would be down with Ifo at this point for sure. Make it happen Mayhew.

There we go. We're up with him still on the board. He has to be BPA, no?

I thought I saw something today that said the kid would NOT be allowed to enter the draft next year.

Depends on what happens. if he goes undrafted then he won't be allowed to enter next years draft, but if he is drafted and refuses to sign then he will go back into next years draft. He wont be invited to the combine but he could work out at a teams pro day. Bo Jackson did this when the bucs fuck'd him over. He refused to sign and went and played baseball, next year he was drafted by the raiders in the 7th and he chose to play. The draft only gives teams the rights to the player, the player then chooses if he wants to play for that team. If the player refuses, the team holds the rights to that player for 1 year, so they can't play for any other team until that year has passed, at that time his rights go back into the draft.

Last edited:
Quandre Diggs....goodbye hot girlfriend. :(

Oh well. A CB.

Quandre Diggs, CB. Very good pick, I didn't realize he was still there.

Gotta wonder if Ifo didn't fail a medical at the combine. Lots of teams passing.

Combine Results
Grade
5.23 ?

4.56 SEC
17 REPS
35.5 INCH
113.0 INCH
7.22 SEC
4.15 SEC
11.84 SEC

More Draft Video

5'9" Height
29 5/8" Arm Length
196LBS. Weight
9 5/8" Hands

Overview

2014: Second-team All-Big 12. Started all 13 games. 2013: Honorable mention All-Big 12. Played in all 13 games with 12 starts. 2012: Started all 13 games. 2011: Big 12 Defensive Freshman of the Year and Second-team All-Big 12. Played in all 13 games with 11 starts.

Pro Day Results

Broad jump: 9 feet, 11 inches
Analysis
Strengths
Intelligent player with plus instincts. Anticipates routes well and attacks the throw. Has feet to mirror and chase crossing routes. Scouts say he lost weight before the season and gained better "twitch and fluidity" on tape. Always a willing tackler, but improved his tackling consistency in 2014. Rarely leaves field and saw his "yards per target" drop by 2.5 yards from 2013 to 2014. Primary starter for four years while at Texas and has experience outside and inside.
Weaknesses
Short cornerback whose lack of height means he'll likely have to move inside. Lacks top-end speed. Has a tendency to open his hips up prematurely for fear of getting beat vertically. Can be mismatched by tall receivers no matter where he plays on the field. Could struggle against short-area speedsters from slot. Has major issues getting off of blocks.
Draft Projection
Round 6 or 7
Sources Tell Us
"He's got draftable qualities and he showed great improvement this year. I'm just not sure what to do with him because he's too small to play outside, and teams in our division are good at slot corners. He's short and slow and that makes him matchup-deficient." -- NFC South area scout
NFL Comparison
Roc Carmichael
Bottom Line
Diggs has started 80 percent of his games during his four years at Texas. He's battle-tested against some of the most explosive wide receivers in the country and has developed into a mentally tough player. Diggs will have to be a slot cornerback and will need to keep his weight down in order to match up with the speed he will see from the slot. Diggs is a Day 3 (Rounds 4-7) draft candidate who can help himself by running well in pre-draft drills.

Yeah, he's not really any bigger than Ifo, so size wasn't the pick here. Something is wrong with Ifo for sure.

Anyone willing to try Devin Gardner at WR? He showed flashes when Denard was there, but hadn't a lot of experience at the position. It'd be an interesting "gamble".

Back