Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Rush?s Health in Limbo - The End Has Come

This is a thing!
Much more so than that.

Is this a rabbit hole I want to dig into?
It?s a black hole. A very dark hole. It?s poison. I mean, tragic and also inevitable. If you pursue this, prepare yourself. I had to stop, because it was too dark.

It was a dark story in 1969 and it still is.

Is it all based on I am the Walrus?
All the album clues, intentionally placed, represent layers and layers of meaning. But it?s way deeper than that. And these clues ? more like billboards ? they did not stop with Abbey Road. All of ?McCartney?s? post-Beatle records are laden with ?I?m not him? inferences. But, like I said, that?s the remedial version of the story.

The deeper story involves mind control, the occult, sexual perversion, deals with the actual devil, subterfuge, official accounts of ?The Beatles?, advanced planning, dopple-gangers, public ?street? versions of Paul as well as ?music? versions, and murder ? for those who wanted out or objected. If you try to take it in all at once, you will vomit it out, for the revulsion and the concentration of the content. Go slowly.

But, you know? A simple look at an image of Paul in 1965 compared with ?his? likeness today is all I need to see with my own eyes they are two different people.

People will believe what they want. Those who disagree get very agitated, which is why this is a rare peak under my belief on this topic, which has dogged me since I was 12 years old.

This is a thing!

Is this a rabbit hole I want to dig into?

Is it all based on I am the Walrus?

"Here's another clue for you all... the Walrus was Paul."

I suggest you get a record player, and start playing every Beatles record forward and backward, while sitting in a dark room, and don't stop until you come up with an answer.

it's always someone else's fault. admittedly, i was not a listener so I'm not familiar with his positions or views but I'm skeptical of the claims from people like you who say he was a hateful bigot given everyone who disagrees with people like you get the same label.

Cool. I know from experience that producing actual quotes from his show or other public statements he made won't matter to you because you don't argue, or even read or post in good faith, so I'm not going to bother.

Maybe that makes me the real hateful bigot here!

Much more so than that.

It?s a black hole. A very dark hole. It?s poison. I mean, tragic and also inevitable. If you pursue this, prepare yourself. I had to stop, because it was too dark.

It was a dark story in 1969 and it still is.

All the album clues, intentionally placed, represent layers and layers of meaning. But it?s way deeper than that. And these clues ? more like billboards ? they did not stop with Abbey Road. All of ?McCartney?s? post-Beatle records are laden with ?I?m not him? inferences. But, like I said, that?s the remedial version of the story.

The deeper story involves mind control, the occult, sexual perversion, deals with the actual devil, subterfuge, official accounts of ?The Beatles?, advanced planning, dopple-gangers, public ?street? versions of Paul as well as ?music? versions, and murder ? for those who wanted out or objected. If you try to take it in all at once, you will vomit it out, for the revulsion and the concentration of the content. Go slowly.

But, you know? A simple look at an image of Paul in 1965 compared with ?his? likeness today is all I need to see with my own eyes they are two different people.

People will believe what they want. Those who disagree get very agitated, which is why this is a rare peak under my belief on this topic, which has dogged me since I was 12 years old.

that would make Paul McCarthey's death easily the best covered-up conspiracy in human history, and really astonishing given how many people would have had to be involved. Family members (spouses, parents AND children no less...), bandmates, roadies, studio staff, record execs, police, doctors, coroner & staff... wowza!

Not to mention it would tip the "death is a good career move" maxim that would've given their record company a bona fide financial reason to publicize his death, and profit from it.

But it's a free country... believe whatever you want! :cheers:

The one and only Billy Shears?!?

But Sgt. Peppers is where the ?official? PID story began.

Like I said ... the remedial version.. Almost ?distractional? any more. To maintain the ?hoax? aspect of the account.

Sorry, I did not meant to hijack this thread. I?ll go offline if you want and I can point you in the right direction.

Rush Limbaugh deserves better than to be mixed in with the elements that engineered and executed Paul?s death. (Another ?onion? layer peeled back).

have you seen the Ty Cobb movie starring Tommy Lee Jones? I've seen parts but never got around to seeing the whole thing. From what I saw of it, it looked pretty good - although, I'm not aware of the history, other than I heard Cobb was a real jerk.

Saw it a while ago - a number of years.

Seems to me that long before that movie, I had the impression that Ty Cobb had been a bigot.

Also that he was generally an asshole.

Who knows? He died at the age of 74 within only a few months after I had been born.

I really don?t know anything about the background of the book or the journalist ? Robert Wuhl played the in the movie. Both Tommy Lee Jones and the Wuhl good; they pretty much always are.

I never read books anymore. If a book isn?t worth making into a movie, it isn?t worth reading.

that would make Paul McCarthey's death easily the best covered-up conspiracy in human history, and really astonishing given how many people would have had to be involved. Family members (spouses, parents AND children no less...), bandmates, roadies, studio staff, record execs, police, doctors, coroner & staff... wowza!

So I gather you won?t react when I inform you that those who need to know, know, and those who don?t, don?t. You are kinda sorta onto something, actually. And then there are people like me who have done the research and come to believe. I may be wrong, but it?s for the right reasons ? my own research.

Not to mention it would tip the "death is a good career move" maxim that would've given their record company a bona fide financial reason to publicize his death, and profit from it.

This does not apply here, for reasons obvious.

The United States is not a free country.

The guy who sang ?Hey Jude? at that big stadium in London during the Olympics sure sounded like the guy for the record I used to listen to as a kid, at least to me.

And the guy in the video below with James Corden sure seems to know his way around Liverpool.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QjvzCTqkBDQ

Saw it a while ago - a number of years.

Seems to me that long before that movie, I had the impression that Ty Cobb had been a bigot.

Also that he was generally an asshole.

Who knows? He died at the age of 74 within only a few months after I had been born.

I really don’t know anything about the background of the book or the journalist – Robert Wuhl played the in the movie. Both Tommy Lee Jones and the Wuhl good; they pretty much always are.

I never read books anymore. If a book isn’t worth making into a movie, it isn’t worth reading.

I totally agree - other than Jurassic Park, every movie I've ever seen that was based on a book was 100% true to the book so why not save the time and be more entertained. Or is Jurassic Park the only movie I've seen based on a book I also read? If so, I'm sure it's the exception that proves the rule.

If Ali G ever gets around to writing the book version of the Lord of the Rings like he said he wants to, I would consider reading those books - that's a franchise that deserves to be in book version.

Last edited:
Sorry, I did not meant to hijack this thread. I?ll go offline if you want and I can point you in the right direction.

No, I don't think I want to go too deep on this. I'm not looking for anything to get hung about.

I totally agree - other than Jurassic Park, every movie I've ever seen that was based on a book was 100% true to the book so why not save the time and be more entertained. Or is Jurassic Park the only movie I've seen based on a book I also read? If so, I'm sure it's the exception that proves the rule.

If you have seen these movies ...

The Natural
The Shining
The Godfather
One Flew Over the Cookoo’s Next
Ragtime
The Great Gadsby

... there is no way you can claim you have read the novels of the same name. The Godfather and LA Confidential omit what I think are crucial and interesting storylines (GFII does address some of them, as it fabricates another). The others simply destroy the novel’s premise.

Last edited:

If Ali G ever gets around to writing the book version of the Lord of the Rings like he said he wants to, I would consider reading those books - that's a franchise that deserves to be in book version.

I didn't read the first JP but I read The Lost World as a kid and absolutely loved it. The movie fucking sucked, they left out so many things. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they wrote the screenplay based on a version of Cliff Notes.

For real, it's THAT different. It's more similar to the 1920's 'The Lost World' than it is the novel by Creighton.

Jurassic Park the book emphasized chaos theory in a way the movie could not. Each chapter started with a graphic of a fractal rendered in progressively finer detail with a line about the nature of fractals or chaos that was relevant to the chapter.

Jurassic Park the book emphasized chaos theory in a way the movie could not. Each chapter started with a graphic of a fractal rendered in progressively finer detail with a line about the nature of fractals or chaos that was relevant to the chapter.

The book was great. The movie was not.

The book was great. The movie was not.

I thought the movie was great too. Music was great, animation was groundbreaking, 'hang on to your butts', 'I think it's the power trying to come back on', 'what happened to the goat?', 'clever girl'

I didn't read the first JP but I read The Lost World as a kid and absolutely loved it. The movie fucking sucked, they left out so many things. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they wrote the screenplay based on a version of Cliff Notes.

For real, it's THAT different. It's more similar to the 1920's 'The Lost World' than it is the novel by Creighton.

neither is the the original remotely similar to the book. I had read JP coincidentally a few months before the movie came out and I remember thinking "that book was only "x" pages long, they can easily cover everything in a movie, this should be cool." Then I saw the movie, which was close to 3 hours long and the list of things from the book they left out is easily 10x longer than the list of what they put in. I do have great memory of it though, I was in my mid 20s and I took my mom to see it - she probably read all of Creighton's books. She got so scared when the T Rex and the Raptors were ripping shit up, she left the theatre for half an hour but came back and watched the rest. I still tease her about that every now and then.

I do think great movies can be made from books, like those in Byco's list from post# 54, but JP definitely is not one of those and as Byco pointed out, even the great movies from great books are nothing like the books.

Last edited:
If you have seen these movies ...

The Natural
The Shining
The Godfather
One Flew Over the Cookoo’s Next
Ragtime
The Great Gadsby

... there is no way you can claim you have read the novels of the same name. The Godfather and LA Confidential omit what I think are crucial and interesting storylines (GFII does address some of them, as it fabricates another). The others simply destroy the novel’s premise.

I've seen all but Ragtime and read most (except The Natural, One Flew and LA Confidential - 4 out of 7, that's barely 'most'). They're all great movies even if they aren't good representations of the books.

They are the exception in my experience - at least I can't think of any others, but I haven't read the Matrix if those books exist. If they are books, it's not possible that they're not better than those movies.

Last edited:
Back