Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Smith facing Gun charges

they do it too, so it didn't happen?

No, it means, mind your own house. But, then, you have rental property.

Consistently. I don't call for immediate action for incidents like the tunnel, then make excuses for delaying action pending an investigation when my star player breaks the law.

Smith was arrested the same day he was pulled over, right? Were the Spartan players arrested in the tunnel? Are the Spartan players in jail? Did JH say they should all be immediately suspended? I think that "timely" was the word he applied.

I'm calling out all the hypocrites that make excuses for the double standard all while claiming uofm has some culture that sets it apart from every other program, when clearly they do not. Especially those who go on the politics board whining about how nobody should own a gun, especially semi-automatic pistols with high capacity magazines. Then the moment a guy who can tackle people well gets caught with an illegally possessed firearm and enough ammo to kill dozens of people in less than two minutes and suddenly, it's a paperwork error - no big deal.

No names?

So the consistency and hypocrisy isn't due to innate bias that's "shading" conjecture. That's coming from the people who call it out - they're the ones suffering from bias?

Let's say that KWIII just scored his 5td and the next day was pulled over in similar circumstances. And he responds in kind as did Smith. What say you about the consequences?

No, it means, mind your own house. But, then, you have rental property.

We're fans, we have no control over any of this but it's fair game for a sports chat forum. It goes back and forth pretty regularly. But this "rental property" comment is pretty clever - your team gets a dead cat bounce after 20 years of mediocrity and suddenly you're the new Alabama as if uofm's relevance extends beyond AA.

Smith was arrested the same day he was pulled over, right? Were the Spartan players arrested in the tunnel? Are the Spartan players in jail? Did JH say they should all be immediately suspended? I think that "timely" was the word he applied.

They were not arrested in the tunnel, but that's not relevant. They were immediately suspended and remain suspended pending the outcome of their cases. Smith was never suspended, he was arrested, released continued to play pending a drawn out investigation.

No names?

It shouldn't be too hard to figure out.

Let's say that KWIII just scored his 5td and the next day was pulled over in similar circumstances. And he responds in kind as did Smith. What say you about the consequences?

I would say those 5 TDs were in the books before he was arrested, not much you can do about it. What matters is how he is treated after the arrest. But what I would say is not really relevant. Like I said before, I'm pretty confident the uofm posters defending Smith would be saying something much different about Walker III.

Last edited:
We're fans, we have no control over any of this but it's fair game for a sports chat forum. It goes back and forth pretty regularly. But this "rental property" comment is pretty clever - your team gets a dead cat bounce after 20 years of mediocrity and suddenly you're the new Alabama as if uofm's relevance extends beyond AA.

I sense you cast a pattern of projected assumptions that lack a screen on which to display them. And you curiously don't seem all that enthusiastic about your step-team's recent successes.

They were not arrested in the tunnel, but that's not relevant. They were immediately suspended and remain suspended pending the outcome of their cases. Smith was never suspended, he was arrested, released continued to play pending a drawn out investigation.

Would you have suspended Smith? Dismissed him? What would have been your course of action as the Michigan coach?

I would say those 5 TDs were in the books before he was arrested, not much you can do about it. What matters is how he is treated after the arrest. But what I would say is not really relevant. Like I said before, I'm pretty confident the uofm posters defending Smith would be saying something much different about Walker III.

I'm not one of them, apparently.

Last edited:
I sense you cast a pattern of projected assumptions that lack a screen on which to display them. And you curiously don't seem all that enthusiastic about your step-team's recent successes.

I think what I?ve said is pretty plain and obvious, read into it what you want, that?s on you. As for their success, I?m happy to see them play well and hope they continue to win. That doesn?t mean I have to make excuses when their coaches, administration and fans are full of it.

Would you have suspended Smith? Dismissed him? What would have been your course of action as the Michigan coach?

What I wouldn?t have done if I knew I had a player arrested for a concealed weapons charge pending potential indictment and I continued to play him while keeping it under wraps is get on my high horse and talk about what other teams need to do, calling transparency and expecting criminal charges prior to an investigation. That kid of thing can end up blowing up in your face.

I'm not one of them, apparently.

There are definitely worse offenders on here.

Last edited:
Now that the season is over and Smith has entered the draft, they finally got around to sentencing him. Twelve months probation and 40 hours of community service.

Keep crying about it, little girl

you wish dough boy. I'm having fun with it - especially watching you talk about how it's no big deal on this thread then demanding all forms of gun control including banning guns like the one he had and calling people that own them racists, right wing nuts and mass shooters in waiting. Hey, do you think he can do that community service at one of the schools he might have shot up before he got arrested?

Back