Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Stafford gone to rams

What kind of pick could dumping Goff net you? 4th? Because if so I’d do it right now and help him pack.

I would have put one of the old lady Lion owner on the phone and had her ask the Rams for 1 more pick lol.

Isn?t his contract the big issue?

Not any more. His contract is manageable now that the Rams took the hit for the signing bonus. But I think we took him to play him so we can have draft flexibility for 21. This move means we don't have to take a QB at 7

Goff 27 cap, stafford 19 dead..stafford was 33 cap hit

We lose 13 mil in cap space

But...

Can restructure goffs 25 salary. Say 1 mil base, 24 restructure over 4. Adds 18 million 2021 space but 6 mil each other 3 years

Goff mid 20 cap hits for 4 years. If he works out its a steal

If not can dump him

Last edited:
Goff 27 cap, stafford 19 dead..stafford was 33 cap hit

We lose 13 mil in cap space

But...

Can restructure goffs 25 salary

Goff mid 20 cap hits for 4 years. If he works out its a steal

If not can dump him

Aren't you a Rams fan now?

I’d call Houston and offer them Goff. Our number 1 this year and both ram number 1’s for Watson, and 2027 #1. Can we do that lol. Watson would be fun. Losing the picks would suck.

Well just think, if this was still Quinn we'd probably have a 4th rounder and Dalton

I?d call Houston and offer them Goff. Our number 1 this year and both ram number 1?s for Watson, and 2027 #1. Can we do that lol. Watson would be fun. Losing the picks would suck.

Sounds like Houston's top people "will not trade Watson."

Mcvay wanted Stafford bad

Offensive genius to you guys still?

No one will offer that and his big contract. Plus new GM and new HC trading him?? They'd get run out of town.

Watson has more power then you think. He is pissed how much the front office has lied to him.
I think he forces his way out of Houston. Just a opinion but he is not happy.

Goff has yet to take a snap for the Lions and has already as many playoff wins in a Lions uniform as Stafford did.

Back