Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

Super Bowl LV @ Tampa Bay

And I like all week they were trying to compare MaHomes to Brady because he had one SB. Lol.

Pretty shitty game. If any team was going to win big i thought it would be KC.

Bucs D was unbelievable...especially the D line. Mahomes was running for his life the entire game.

I wanted KC to win but had money on TB...so that's good.

Watched the first half. Some next-gen stat measured that Mahomes ran for 497 yards ... while running from TB-DL line pressure. Thanks in part to the KC OL being affected with injuries and absences.

I think that the SB should be played a week after the Conference Title games. The SB, again, anti-climatic, because of overhype.

Other observations: KC punter needs to chop his hair. KC DBs, though at times unfairly penalized, need to not lose the next play. Them DB holds were terrible in the second Q. Not a reason for losing, but, these are the so-called best O-fficials in the NFL.

Last edited:
Watched the first half. Some next-gen stat measured that Mahomes ran for 497 yards ... while running from TB-DL line pressure. Thanks in part to the KC OL being affected with injuries and absences.

I think that the SB should be played a week after the Conference Title games. The SB, again, anti-climatic, because of overhype.

Other observations: KC punter needs to chop his hair. KC DBs, though at times unfairly penalized, need to not lose the next play. Them DB holds were terrible in the second Q. Not a reason for losing, but, these are the so-called best O-fficials in the NFL.

I seriously want the NFL to add a 2nd Bye Week and move the SB to Sunday of President's Day weekend. The Monday after the SB should be a time for fans to recover from the game.

IF anyone complains it will make the season too long, then cut out games and have it played on MLK weekend.

Or just make the Monday after SB a holiday all on its own...just give everyone that Monday off! Or start the game at 4:00 PM

Tampa's defense was unreal. The Chiefs got a couple bad calls that turned punts or FGs into TDs and put them in a hole they couldn't get out of. But that hole could have been half as deep and still impossible to get out of because of Tampa's defense.

didn't really care one way or the other, but we had Chiefs 9 Patriots 1 in a $200/box pool so the last 22 minutes or so I was on edge with every play and watching the clock like a hawk, texting my pool partners back and forth like it was a life and death situation.

I seriously want the NFL to add a 2nd Bye Week and move the SB to Sunday of President's Day weekend. The Monday after the SB should be a time for fans to recover from the game.

IF anyone complains it will make the season too long, then cut out games and have it played on MLK weekend.

Or just make the Monday after SB a holiday all on its own...just give everyone that Monday off! Or start the game at 4:00 PM

shorten the preseason, take a game or two from that.

Super Bowl on a Saturday makes more sense then a Sunday so some not all can have a extra day for to work off their hangover. Interesting stat I just heard . Teams that have beaten a team in the regular season and then played the same team in the super bowl are now 6-8 all time in rematch. But the AFC team is now 0-5.

I dream of one day having the Lions in the Super Bow !

Last edited:
I came across this article and the headline did grab my attention.

Todd Bowles and Byron Leftwich: Super Bowl victory a big win for black coaches. Tampa Bay’s Black coordinators played major roles in defeating the vaunted Chiefs on the game’s biggest stage. NFL owners, are you paying attention?

https://theundefeated.com/features/...per-bowl-victory-a-big-win-for-black-coaches/

So, what else could that SB win mean?

It could be that black QBs suck, since last year they had Winston and now they have a white QB.

Does it mean the black coach on the other side sucks, since the KC offense only put up 9?

Or just maybe, it was a good team win, and had nothing to do with the coaches being black.

Because that's all they do two weeks of talking about the same things again and again and pregame they do the same. Like it's some matchup of the ages. When it games time you just can't wait until it's over.

Super Bowl on a Saturday makes more sense then a Sunday so some not all can have a extra day for to work off their hangover. Interesting stat I just heard . Teams that have beaten a team in the regular season and then played the same team in the super bowl are now 6-8 all time in rematch. But the AFC team is now 0-5.

I dream of one day having the Lions in the Super Bow !

Something wrong with that math.

Something wrong with that math.

I haven't checked the data but the math works fine - of the 14 instances where teams played each other in the regular season and then in the SuperBowl that season, the NFC team won the regular season game 9 times while the AFC team won the regular season game 5 times. In the Superbowl, the NFC team that won the regular season went on to win the Superbowl 6 times and lose it 3 times, while the AFC team that won the regular season game has never followed it up with a Super Bowl win.

It seemed like KCs defensive game plan was to man up and hold the shit out of everyone. Was a bad game plan lol.

I came across this article and the headline did grab my attention.

Todd Bowles and Byron Leftwich: Super Bowl victory a big win for black coaches. Tampa Bay’s Black coordinators played major roles in defeating the vaunted Chiefs on the game’s biggest stage. NFL owners, are you paying attention?

https://theundefeated.com/features/...per-bowl-victory-a-big-win-for-black-coaches/

So, what else could that SB win mean?

It could be that black QBs suck, since last year they had Winston and now they have a white QB.

Does it mean the black coach on the other side sucks, since the KC offense only put up 9?

Or just maybe, it was a good team win, and had nothing to do with the coaches being black.

All of the above.

Leftwich and Bowles should get more attention.

Winston sucks.

Bienemy should get less attention. Proved he can't adjust to a game plan that wasn't working while having an offense with the most weapons in the league.

And yes... they are all black.

Ps... the white GOAT that brought gronk, AB and fournette there also deserves some credit.

Last edited:
Was that Andy Reid?s son who was involved in the car accident? I guess a little girl, and another youngster are fighting for their lives after the accident.

Here's more information on it.. He was drinking So sad.

Chiefs owe more than 'thoughts and prayers' to family of 5-year-old fighting for life after crash with Britt Reid

https://sports.yahoo.com/chiefs-owe...fe-after-crash-with-britt-reid-184443680.html

On Sunday, as the Kansas City Chiefs were losing the Super Bowl in Tampa, Felicia Miller was back in Missouri, alone by the hospital bed of her comatose, 5-year-old daughter, Ariel.

Three days prior, lives were forever altered when Kansas City assistant coach Britt Reid, who admitted to police he had been drinking, slammed his truck into Miller?s Chevy Traverse on the side of a highway interchange. Miller had gone there to aid a cousin, who had run out of gas on the side of the road. Reid, the son of Chiefs head coach Andy Reid, hit the cousin?s car as well.

Among the injured was Ariel, who according to family, suffered swelling and bleeding in and around the brain. She has been in a coma since the incident. A 4-year-old girl, Ariel?s cousin, was also seriously injured.

In his youth.. Britt Reid

In 2007, he was involved in a road-rage incident in which he allegedly pointed a handgun in a man’s direction. Reid was sentenced to eight to 23 months in jail and five years’ probation for the incident. He also pleaded guilty to DUI and drug charges in a separate incident that occurred the same year in which he drove into a shopping cart in a parking lot.

Why was he allowed to coach in the SB?

In his youth.. Britt Reid

In 2007, he was involved in a road-rage incident in which he allegedly pointed a handgun in a man?s direction. Reid was sentenced to eight to 23 months in jail and five years? probation for the incident. He also pleaded guilty to DUI and drug charges in a separate incident that occurred the same year in which he drove into a shopping cart in a parking lot.

Why was he allowed to coach in the SB?

Why is Tyreek Hill allowed to participate after beating his pregnant g/f?

Money talks, shit walks.

Why is Tyreek Hill allowed to participate after beating his pregnant g/f?

Money talks, shit walks.

Its not like he's a big part of this team in winning games. The only NFL jobs he's held is because his daddy hired him.

Back