Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The 2021 NFL Draft

He didn?t sit out because he was worried about COVID. He sat out because the PAC 12 originally opted out the fall/winter season.

But he ultimately sat out because of Covid. He could have easily played if he decided but chose not to, because of Covid.

Doesn't matter how holmes drafts over the next 3-5 years if fields controls the north for the next decade.

Doesn't matter how holmes drafts over the next 3-5 years if fields controls the north for the next decade.

And it doesn't matter how Fields plays over the next 3-5 years if Holmes controls the draft the next decade.

PFF's 2022 mock draft has the Lions picking @ #2, so they (or he) believes that the Lions will finish with the second-worst record in the NFL next season.

Then they have the Lions picking again in the first round @ #30 with the Rams first rounder that they got in trade for Stafford.

So obviously they think very little of Goff as Lions starting QB (and predict them picking a QB @ #2 in '22) but think very highly of Stafford, him QBing the Rams to the NFC Championship game, but ultimately losing to the Bucs,(who lose to the eventual SB Champion Chiefs)

https://www.pff.com/news/draft-2022...attler-new-york-giants-quarterback-sam-howell

Not sure if I understand how they (or he) arrived @ 5 of 6 AFC teams being ranked higher (and picking lower) than any other NFC team except the Packers, Rams, and Bucs, but w/e. All playoff teams are assigned draft slots #21-#32 in order of finish and record....and he/they have only 4 of 7 NFC playoff teams picking within that range...lol.

Last edited:

If you believe that the Bears will be NFCN div champs for the next "decade" then you must think that none of the second-and/or third place teams could win a WC berth. Or if they could, they will never make it to a CC or SB b/c they will always lose to the Bears in the NFC WC, Div, and/or CC rounds. But its conceivable that most, or some of the NFCN WC winners would not be facing the Bears in the WC and Div rounds, and if so the Bears would have to be one of the best teams in the NFC every season and most often making it to the CC round for the next decade.

Last edited:
Bears are starting Desmond Trufant at corner. Soo lets pump the brakes on north ownership

If you believe that the Bears will be NFCN div champs for the next "decade" then you must think that none of the second-and/or third place teams could win a WC berth. Or if they could, they will never make it to a CC or SB b/c they will always lose to the Bears in the NFC WC, Div, and/or CC rounds. But its conceivable that most, or some of the NFCN WC winners would not be facing the Bears in the WC and Div rounds, and if so the Bears would have to be one of the best teams in the NFC every season and most often making it to the CC round for the next decade.

Not saying I believe fields will be any good. Just saying if he is this is all on holmes. He had a choice to start a rebuild with a rookie qb contract like the jets did.... he went with goff.

Not saying I believe fields will be any good. Just saying if he is this is all on holmes. He had a choice to start a rebuild with a rookie qb contract like the jets did.... he went with goff.

That's just dumb. Lol. If I had to guess Fields won't make it to year 5.

Nothing wrong with giving Goff one season to see how he performs for the rebuilding Lions. Every team is different, and what works (or doesn't) for the Jets or Bears, doesn't mean that it would be the same for the Lions, who obviously couldn't address all of their needs in one offseason, considering the condition that the previous regime left it in.

Last edited:
Lions can get that rookie QB contract for later in the rebuild. 2022-2026 or 2023-2027. We will want to be spending money in 2022/2023 and beyond in free agency, not 2021

Anyway the Lions have alot of cap space for 2022 already even with the Goff contract (31 mil cap hit for 2022). And even more if they move on from Flowers (11 million saved after dead) and Collins in 2022 (7 million saved after dead). Vaitai 4 million in savings after accounting for the dead cap too.

We'll see how much the cap goes up next year. Plenty of rollover from 2021 to 2022 as well right now unless they add more high priced free agents (unlikely)

Last edited:
Wrong year to draft a QB. We need to start putting a team together.

Fields??? Seriously????? That dude is going to be shredded and called a bust just like every OSU QB has for....well, EVER. It is part of the OSU pedigree.

Maybe he will become an NFL success as a RB or TE or something...but no OSU QB should be viewed as any type of threat at the NFL level. They just are never trained to the necessary skill level while at OSU. It works in NCAA level, but the NFL laughs at it...repeatedly and unendingly.

Fields??? Seriously????? That dude is going to be shredded and called a bust just like every OSU QB has for....well, EVER. It is part of the OSU pedigree.

Maybe he will become an NFL success as a RB or TE or something...but no OSU QB should be viewed as any type of threat at the NFL level. They just are never trained to the necessary skill level while at OSU. It works in NCAA level, but the NFL laughs at it...repeatedly and unendingly.

Like Michigan Running Backs.

Fields will get his own chance. Bears offensive coaching and Oline with rookie LT/right side questions and just solid weapons (ARob good though) haven't been enough for past high picks for them. Someone is going to have to coach Fields up and develop him. I don't know if the Bears have that ability with their coaching staff

And Bears keep saying Dalton is the starter right now

Man you guys have short memories. We've all been down this road before as Detroit fans. Ebron over Donald. Darko over Carmello/Dwade. Get the Joe Buck exclusive ready...in 3 to 4 years...i can see it now. Titled "what could have been" showing fields stats as a consistent starter vs Goff and every QB we bring in after him. Ofourse thats going to happen...its the lions.

Last edited:
Man you guys have short memories. We've all been down this road before as Detroit fans. Ebron over Donald. Darko over Carmello/Dwade. Get the Joe Buck exclusive ready...in 3 to 4 years...i can see it now. Titled "what could have been" showing fields stats as a consistent starter vs Goff and every QB we bring in after him. Ofourse thats going to happen...its the lions.

Drafting Fields would have been the same old same old. Short memories on Ebron over Donald would be like Fields over Sewell. Btw, a dozen guys drafted before Donald. And everyone of those 12 would have drafted Donald after the fact. Even without Donald most likely they would have went elsewhere.

Last edited:
Trading Stafford and him winning is more of the headline

I dont see Fields being a Maholmes or Watson or Wilson or Rodgers

I hope Fields is just good enough not to be dumped. Like Cutler for them

Back