Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The 2022 NFL Draft Thread

Me too. Need as many defense players as possible. Hopefully he pans out.

Dude...Barry got zero boos. They were chanting his name. Everyone gets booed at the draft. What a legend.

I made it boys. Time for bed. Catch y'all tomorrow.

503, sleep on a towel if you can't stop thinking of Deebo and Malik.

Nothing cute, nothing sexy today just some football players. I like it.

Real glad to see we didn?t trade future picks to move around in the 2nd and 3rd. Just let the draft come to us.

DRAFT PROFILE: BIO
Kerby Joseph was a two-way player at high school and in doing so had four interceptions, 7.0 TFLs, plus five touchdown receptions as a senior. He was a three-star recruit who ultimately joined Illinois after receiving offers from Mississippi State, Syracuse, USF, and FAU.

After playing sparingly as a freshman Joseph had an impact as a sophomore where he played in 12 games and started two at safety and logged 17 tackles, 1.0 TFL, three PBUs on the season.
In 2020 his season was limited as he played on only 69 snaps, however in 2021 in his second junior year he exploded on the scene -- on 716 snaps he chalked up 57 tackles, 1.0 TFL, a sack, five interceptions, two pass breakups, three forced recoveries, and a 66.2 QB rating when targeted. At the end of the season, he was awarded with an All-Big Ten first-team spot, an AP All-Big Ten first-team selection, a PFF All-America second team place, and PFF All-Big Ten second-team selection.
SCOUTING REPORT: STRENGTHS
Had an incredible season in 2021 where he had a breakout season and developed into a lockdown DB
Ball hawking safety with decent speed and agility who excels in press coverage but is equally adept playing in a zone system
Has an NFL frame with strong hands, the ability to close quickly on underneath routes, and the size to tackle with a thump.
Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
Has the ability to lock down and play on an island like an elite corner
While built more like a cornerback than a safety, he has the vision, range, hitting ability, and ball skills teams want at free safety in the pass-heavy NFL
Is an elite run defender who wraps up nicely and regularly knives into the backfield to blow up running plays
Adds versatility as a blitzer - has had success getting to the QB
Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
Natural and instinctive in coverage where he reads the QB eyes allowing him to successfully break on the route
Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
Closes to the ball very well and possesses the hands to snatch throws away from his frame.
Exceled at the Senior Bowl practices and established himself as one of the best DBs
SCOUTING REPORT: WEAKNESSES
Has had only one elite level of play -- in 2021 - has had only two starts in the previous three years
Is good, but not an elite athlete - similarly has good not great speed
Needs to get stronger can be too easily lost in the trash.
Not a naturally explosive player and needs to show better bend and flexibility in his drops - can play too high.

Decent day two. 3 of 4 picks on defense so can't complain too much. No clue what this team is planning to do at LB, hopefully Barnes makes a leap.

Love the whole draft so far... I find it so funny Hughes was ready to buy Holmes a hooker last night now he wants the man dead for picking the highest graded SEC D lineman.... IMO you can't have enough depth on the Dline and really like the pick. The Kerby Joseph pick is the icing on the cake for me, best pff graded safety last year and the guy is an absolute ballhawk that we sorely needed. I liked Chenel at that spot, but apparently BH doesn't value LB's as high as most of us casuals do... Sucks we have to wait so long for our next pick, but I predict we give up some future picks to jump back up into the 4th or 5th round for a LB. That's the dream at least.

I would have rather get a LB over the Kentucky dude but nice draft. I like Kerby
JOSEPH though.

Hutch pick made sense... Good pick but I would have went KT.

Jameson.... worth getting aggressive to move up

Kentucky 5th string DE. Fucking terrible.

Joseph he could start. Great pick. I would have went Tindall.

Hutch Brockers McNeil Romeo
Davis Thor ???
Okudah Walker Joseph Amani

Levi, Kentucky turd and harris as back up dlineman.

Still an absolutely terrible defense.

Back