Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The annual Way to early but not really 2021 Draft Thread!

I've heard that Goff stinks so why take a WR at 7?

So Goff will be our starter forever?

Also, if Goff does stink (and I think he will) wouldn't we want the best WR possible to make up for that?

Or just throw 3 UDFA's out there because our QB sucks anyway so whats the point??

I think Tampa has shown you can build around 2 studs in the middle of your defense. We have 0.

I watched that game too. Don't get me wrong, David and White were all over the place.....but that DLine was the story of the game. It seemed like there was a free rusher every play.

And Kelce had 10 for 133 so both those LB's had their issues as well.....though some of it was on the S's too.

Last edited:
I watched that game two. Don't get me wrong, David and White were all over the place.....but that DLine was the story of the game. It seemed like there was a free rusher every play.

And Kelce had 10 for 133 so both those LB's had their issues as well.....though some of it was on the S's too.

Their front 7 is REALLY good.

Would a single Lion start on that D? Would a single Lion start on that team?

I watched that game too. Don't get me wrong, David and White were all over the place.....but that DLine was the story of the game. It seemed like there was a free rusher every play.

I remember when we were top 5 when Suh took two bodies so someone was always free. Plus KC OL makes ours look like 5 All Pro's.

I remember when we were top 5 when Suh took two bodies so someone was always free. Plus KC OL makes ours look like 5 All Pro's.

To be fair they were down both starting T's......that's a lot to ask when the other team has JPP and Shaq Barrett outside of Suh and Vea.

Listen, I want a strong D as much as anyone......but we are so void of talent on both sides of the ball, I feel we need to take the player who will have the biggest impact.....not just in 2021 but long term.....and with THIS draft, THIS year I think at #7 that will be a WR. If we do get someone to trade down with, great, I'd take Parsons in a heart beat.

To be fair they were down both starting T's......that's a lot to ask when the other team has JPP and Shaq Barrett outside of Suh and Vea.

Listen, I want a strong D as much as anyone......but we are so void of talent on both sides of the ball, I feel we need to take the player who will have the biggest impact.....not just in 2021 but long term.....and with THIS draft, THIS year I think at #7 that will be a WR. If we do get someone to trade down with, great, I'd take Parsons in a heart beat.

i agree with the need of WR. I dont think Smith is the guy...call it a gut feeling because theres no arguing his production. Most think his playing weight is 160 lbs and runs a 4.5. Is he just a slot WR in the NFL? i dunno. And small guys like Hill prove they can be a #1..but that dude runs a 4.2 and owns the middle of the field cause he flat our runs by safeties.

I just like Chase and Waddle more because their roles are more defined at the next level. If they arent there i think you can still get a ton of value at WR in rd 2 this year.

I think we've tried the offensive thing too much. Either bad picks, bad luck, Titus (he deserves his own category) and even with Calvin we don't win. Look at Alex Smith why does he have such a heathy record . He's a safe QB with some defense. Its hard to win a SB with best offense and worse defense.

I think we've tried the offensive thing too much. Either bad picks, bad luck, Titus (he deserves his own category) and even with Calvin we don't win. Look at Alex Smith why does he have such a heathy record . He's a safe QB with some defense. Its hard to win a SB with best offense and worse defense.

I think the Lions just don't hit on their draft picks. CJ and Suh are pretty much the only guys that were game changers over the past 20 years. Suh left after one contract and CJ quit because the organization is a dumpster fire.

Whoa whoa whoa......just because I'm suggesting that I think the BPA at #7 this year will be a WR, I'm not saying build the offense first. Not even close. One draft pick won't make a difference either way (besides franchise changing QB's). I'm saying take the guy who is going to be a game changer EITHER WAY. 2021 draft there isn't a defensive game changer out there (at least according to draft guys, I'm sure someone will set up in 2021) so get one on offense if its available.....and it likely will be, at WR.

Yes, we've tried building O first.......with terrible GM's and coaches. We could never put it together. Bad O-line, bad RB's, bad WR's outside of #81. Fix offense with FA, defense goes to shit because you end up paying for FA's more so that drafting well. Just because it didn't work with morons running it doesn't mean it wouldn't work with the new regime. This staff seems to want to build the defense. Guys on offense don't usually bite knee caps.

And who knows, we may add them to the list of idiots in a few years.

The Lions boasted PFF’s single-worst grade in 1) overall team defense, 2) coverage, and 3) tackling.

I will break all my tv’s if this dumb management takes a wr at 7. That position is so deep we can get decent players later in the draft. We need to address the defensive line and maybe linebackers. Hell every position on defense. Just my opinion.

I will break all my tv’s if this dumb management takes a wr at 7. That position is so deep we can get decent players later in the draft. We need to address the defensive line and maybe linebackers. Hell every position on defense. Just my opinion.

I agree with the exception of JaMarr Chase. That kid is a superstar. We need superstars at any position.

Plus we will most likely need multiple receivers this off-season.

Last edited:
I agree with the exception of JaMarr Chase. That kid is a superstar. We need superstars at any position.

Plus we will most likely need multiple receivers this off-season.

WR superstars just retire after 9 years.

Please trade down and get more picks. There is way to many wr to take one at 7.

Plus waddle is only like 180 pounds and a twig snap away from out of the league .

Draft beef. And lots of it.

Plus waddle is only like 180 pounds and a twig snap away from out of the league .

This is probably why Quinn passed on Tyreek Hill...are you suggesting if Quinn had picked Hill that it would have been a mistake?

This is probably why Quinn passed on Tyreek Hill...are you suggesting if Quinn had picked Hill that it would have been a mistake?

I think this was the reason that Quinn didn't draft him...along with every other team during the first 4 rounds of the draft.

Crystal Espinal, Hill's girlfriend who was eight weeks pregnant with his child, told police an argument late on the night of Dec. 12, 2014, at Hill's Stillwater home escalated to physical violence. Espinal said she was choked by Hill, who also punched her in the stomach and the face. Still in pain in her stomach, she said she was concerned about the baby.

Absolutely. Addressing defense during free agency by grabbing veteran guys that produced 1 year during a 5-6 year career won't do it for me. Honestly, if they grabbed 2 linebackers or a pass rusher and a linebacker in the first two rounds, I'd be more than thrilled. Zaven Collins, Parsons, Nick Bolton, Chazz Surratt, or Owusu-Koramoah all get my vote. No matter what, we need to get faster, more athletic, and a few playmakers at the linebacker position

Last edited:
Back