Welcome to Detroit Sports Forum!

By joining our community, you'll be able to connect with fellow fans that live and breathe Detroit sports just like you!

Get Started
  • If you are no longer able to access your account since our recent switch from vBulletin to XenForo, you may need to reset your password via email. If you no longer have access to the email attached to your account, please fill out our contact form and we will assist you ASAP. Thanks for your continued support of DSF.

The Official THE GA][V][E Game Thread

All those smug asshat Ohio fans. Lol.

This comment from ?HateBlue? is gold:

?Every TTUN fan I?ve read a comment from or received a text from has told me that our offense has yet to face a defense like theirs. While that?s certainly debatable, what gets left out of the conversation by them is that their defense has not faced an offense that even remotely resembles our offenses capabilities. I fully endorse Coach Day putting up points and putting Jimmy back into his hole.?

From ?Buckeye Bob?

? scUM also has not been stellar against the run a VS opponents with a pulse. I think that might be the big thing that the entire media dogs are missing if Henderson and Williams get going with those 8-12 yard runs that will totally open the pass game up. Then watch out because Stroud will have every tool in the Tool Box. Their depth is going to be an issue, they play their starters basically every snap on the defensive side and have for years, that is why they have wilted in past games.?

From ?Signor Ferrari?

?My feel is that Michigan has a chance to make this competitive, but to do so, they have to hang on, get creative and find ways to hang around.

If they try to go toe-to-toe with us, I truly believe an avalanche of fired up Buckeyes will be coming and we will Sparty them.?

This comment from ?HateBlue? is gold:

?Every TTUN fan I?ve read a comment from or received a text from has told me that our offense has yet to face a defense like theirs. While that?s certainly debatable, what gets left out of the conversation by them is that their defense has not faced an offense that even remotely resembles our offenses capabilities. I fully endorse Coach Day putting up points and putting Jimmy back into his hole.?

From ?Buckeye Bob?

? scUM also has not been stellar against the run a VS opponents with a pulse. I think that might be the big thing that the entire media dogs are missing if Henderson and Williams get going with those 8-12 yard runs that will totally open the pass game up. Then watch out because Stroud will have every tool in the Tool Box. Their depth is going to be an issue, they play their starters basically every snap on the defensive side and have for years, that is why they have wilted in past games.?

From ?Signor Ferrari?

?My feel is that Michigan has a chance to make this competitive, but to do so, they have to hang on, get creative and find ways to hang around.

If they try to go toe-to-toe with us, I truly believe an avalanche of fired up Buckeyes will be coming and we will Sparty them.?

after the '18 "Revenge Tour" and '19 "We will honor the 1969 Team" games, where we looked solid, but got blown out, I kinda can't blame them.

it was nice for them to be the ones leaving last weekend with whiplash, instead of us.

The UM seniors and others have repeatedly said 'This team is different.'

Then they lost to MSU, which probably fueled the Fucknuts with false beliefs that this team was really exactly the same.

Now people are questioning Day instead of Harbaugh. Recruits are being asked if they might consider teams other than O$U. The feeling in general is that JH finally has the right staff in place while Day's staff is sub-par.

And the fact JH is now 1-1 against Day is scaring Fucknuts. O$U paid too much to bring in all that talent only to lose.

I'm not saying the house is burning to the ground, but if UM decisively beats O$U next year, I would be shocked if Day keeps his job.

And hopefully that fucking shithole school hires their own DickRod level coach.

You know if Day leaves Urban is coming back.

But Harbaugh hit the nail firmly on the head when he said that "Some people are born in third base and think they hit a triple. But they didn't."

Day was gifted a program that was built to succeed. And he just got absolutely out classed and out coached by Harbaugh and company.

I also love how that comment sent OSU fans and writers into fits. "Harbaugh is a jackass" "No class" blah blah blah. Day. Urban and anyone else involved is fine to talk shit, post videos stomping on jerseys etc and that's fine. But Jim responds and he is a jackass.

The UM seniors and others have repeatedly said 'This team is different.'

Then they lost to MSU, which probably fueled the Fucknuts with false beliefs that this team was really exactly the same.

Now people are questioning Day instead of Harbaugh. Recruits are being asked if they might consider teams other than O$U. The feeling in general is that JH finally has the right staff in place while Day's staff is sub-par.

And the fact JH is now 1-1 against Day is scaring Fucknuts. O$U paid too much to bring in all that talent only to lose.

I'm not saying the house is burning to the ground, but if UM decisively beats O$U next year, I would be shocked if Day keeps his job.

And hopefully that fucking shithole school hires their own DickRod level coach.

Yeah, I am hoping the loss on Saturday will get Michigan into their heads like they have been in Michigan's head for years now.

I don't know if Day is capable of out coaching this staff. He had no answers Saturday. None. They've gotten by on superior talent and intimidation for the last 3 years. That ran out Saturday and OSU's entire game plan was "We're just going to outscore you".

I don't know if Day is capable of out coaching this staff. He had no answers Saturday. None. They've gotten by on superior talent and intimidation for the last 3 years. That ran out Saturday and OSU's entire game plan was "We're just going to outscore you".

I was thinking they really played into our gameplan. We rarely blitzed (right?) just relied on our ends to get pressure and drop 7, so we had numbers against their great receivers.

They didn't really seem to do anything to counter that. had they run draw plays or some sort of screen passes on those third down sacks, they could've kept drives going or scored TDs instead of FGs.

I was thinking they really played into our gameplan. We rarely blitzed (right?) just relied on our ends to get pressure and drop 7, so we had numbers against their great receivers.

They didn't really seem to do anything to counter that. had they run draw plays or some sort of screen passes on those third down sacks, they could've kept drives going or scored TDs instead of FGs.

I was referring mostly to their defense where their game plan seemed to be "just go be out there, we'll score more".

As far as the offense, it all comes back to Hutchinson and they just had no counter. I do think that Michigan was sending a linebacker on occasion to keep the back occupied, but they pulled a future first round tackle because Hutch was abusing him, just to see the future first round ta kle that replaced him get the business too. And a ton of what OSU relies on is big plays, so Macdonald making them string together 10+ play drives was masterful. Ya.they were able to do it. But it took them 5 minutes, 12 plays and 2 4th down conversions on circus catches to do it. Playing from 2 scores behind every time they had the ball.

Also heard on Radio that Lions tight end, and ex Hawkeye Hockenson said Iowa would control the clock and win 21-17. We just have to take care of the ball and be prepared for the running attack and the short passing attack to the running backs.

Also heard on Radio that Lions tight end, and ex Hawkeye Hockenson said Iowa would control the clock and win 21-17. We just have to take care of the ball and be prepared for the running attack and the short passing attack to the running backs.

I expect Michigan will try to do the same. I think Haskins and the other RBs can get it done vs Iowa.

Back